BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Get it while it's hot! Where? Loreto of course.
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 7-28-2007 at 02:22 PM
Get it while it's hot! Where? Loreto of course.

http://www.loreto-bcs.com/loreto-bay/?p=8

Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-28-2007 at 03:06 PM
WOW

They must have found a way to drink saltwater...:lol::lol:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2007 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
They must have found a way to drink saltwater...:lol::lol:

It seems like I read alot of negatives about Loreto. Development doesn't seem easy alot of the time no matter where it's done.

11,000 acres sounds like alot of land for sale. At inflated prices?

Does anyone see Loreto turning into a great place to hang out or retire, or into a commercial resort that most will be avoiding?

I know it's a small and nice town. I like it there and would like to spend more time there. I'm also thinking because there's nothing to do there, a resort community might need to be self=contained.

Not all development is a bust.

:cool:

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 7-28-2007 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldhippie
http://www.loreto-bcs.com/loreto-bay/?p=8

I donīt see the point in this website other than that its a catch-all medium for other internet advertizing that remotely has to do with Loreto, Baja, development, etc. No contact information that is recognizable.
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2007 at 06:34 PM

Does anyone know of the whereabouts and location of this "Golden Beach" location. Or any new scuttlebut on comercial development there, they have planed? Could this be what is now called Rattlesnake Beach?? More of this style of large unsustainable deveolpment is again really saddening to read of. ++C++:fire::fire:
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2007 at 07:23 PM

Lee......Just when were you in Vail, Colorado last??... Deveolpment..?? ++C++
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 06:31 AM

Loreto was on Fonatur's short hit list when they planned Cancun , ixtapa Zijuat and others. The want and encourage their country's development of its travel and tourism resources. And why not? they need progressive industry, jobs creation and civil improvements - to emerge from their 3rd world stature.
it may not be as fast or efficient as compared with USA style, but it works for them in their own way.

It cracks me up the way so many non mexican citizens here b-tch about Mexico's business as if its their right to be involved. What hooey.
its their sovereign land - not ours. we just get PERMISSION to visit!
read your visa sometime.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
It cracks me up the way so many non mexican citizens here b-tch about Mexico's business as if its their right to be involved. What hooey.
read your visa sometime.

That's at least part of my point. No one think's uncontrolled or unplanned development is a good thing and I haven't been to Cancun in a few years. Even SJC and Cabo serve a purpose -- not for me, but alot of people seem to like it.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 07:49 AM

Quote:

read your visa sometime.

You go Mike. :lol::lol:

Opinions are like a.......s, every one has one.
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
read your visa sometime.

Capt Mike, I think this website exists because the baja peninsula is such an unique place. It's unique because it offers a couple thousand miles of coastline that is undeveloped, sparsely populated, and close.

The complaining about developments that are occurring is due to the fact that the most accessible and best places are being transformed from what many readers of this website enjoy into something akin to Disneyland at the beach. A big expensive tourist attraction.

If that's your thing, fine. But don't slam people who think otherwise. I've had to completely change my plans of where to buy my winter home. But it's turning out that this dark cloud of what I consider to be tacky development that is devoid of anything reflecting Mexican culture has a silver lining. I've decided to go deeper into Mexico on the mainland.

capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
read your visa sometime." Hey, lighten up a little Capn. Mikey. Some of us have been going there for over 35 years. I live there half the year. Its true it is their country, but, why ruin a beautiful little pueblo. I (and many others) have invested our money and love into the town. I would never give up my citizenship in America for another country....but Loreto took a little bitty piece of my heart (J.Joplin). The air is free too, but that does not give you the right to buzz over our homes or drop stuff out of your plane.......

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 10:05 AM

Here's some photos of Rosarito Beach to show how Mexico develops it's baja beaches.

Traditional architecture:

rosarito_hotel.jpg - 40kB

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 10:06 AM

Tourist transportation:

rosarito_street.jpg - 40kB

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 10:08 AM

Butt, there are some good things too.

rosarito_butt.jpg - 13kB

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 10:09 AM

More people mean more senoritas.

rosarito_blond.jpg - 28kB

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

Not all development is a bust.

:cool:

Yes, but some are:

rosarito_bust.jpg - 24kB

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

mad.gif posted on 7-29-2007 at 11:05 AM

The Existential View is does it really matter?

In regards to the Political-Socio-economic View, if it hurts, it hurts!

Nature's View>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>it really hurts!!!

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 03:21 PM

Captain Mike

Just which THEY are you referring to when you say it's "their country"? The beaurocracies who create jobs for themselves by selling off the beaches to big developers, or the government officials who can feel self-important about "improvements to their area, or the owners of tourist related businesses, or just the everyday Jose who likes his town and sea the way it was before all this started happening?

There are many differing feelings about the issue among the people of Baja,, and I know that my neighbors don't object to my having an opinion, even if I'm not a citizen, and even if we aren't always in agreement.

Huevon

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 03:41 PM
I donīt see the point in this website.....

Code:
I donīt see the point in this website other than that its a catch-all medium for other internet advertizing that remotely has to do with Loreto, Baja, development, etc. No contact information that is recognizable.

flyfishinPam : There is a menu in that blog that say's "Contact" and if you use it you can get in touch with publisher.

You dont see the point of this website YET. Rom has not been build in one day also!

Information published is widely available in different print media. Contact for FONATUR should be also easy to find

In regards to: "a catch-all medium for other internet advertizing" - whats the difference between that and a website with 498 keywords in the meta-tag (thats called search engine spaming) and a -2 font size footer with 180 words (that's called "keyword stuffing")??

See Pam, the internet is for everybody and the same way as you do above described technic's on your website ( if bajabigfish is your's) others approach it from another side to get what they aim for......

Maybe you should talk to the guy at Baja Website Creations for a more sensitive approach on SEO!!

Capt. Sharky: good remark at the 6:31 post!!

Otherwise I'm new here on that board, European gringo since a few years @ BCS and slowly get the hold of it......:saint:

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Huevon
Information published is widely available in different print media. Contact for FONATUR should be also easy to find

Welcome to bajanomad.

Information on what's happening in the Loreto area is not easy to come by. There is little print media and it is sometimes inaccurate. Much of what passes for "news" is really a press release pushing someone's self interest so some of us are a little suspicious and look for an angle.

I won't get started with FONATUR...

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.