Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: More crime on the highway
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2007 at 10:53 PM
More crime on the highway

Here is a link to a thread from a fishing board. Have NO idea if this is true but seems credible to me. The replies are a bit salty but it`s an emotional subject!!

http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/fishing-chit-chat/81325-gu...
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 01:51 AM

2nd hand info in a forum is hardly that believable IMHO. Some 20-30something year old overzealous pseudofishermen over there . Displaying large dead Makos as avatars instantly organizes my thoughts.:fire: Therefore, little credibility to me. FOS if u ask me.

Yes emotional if true.....on both counts!:rolleyes:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
2nd hand info in a forum is hardly that believable IMHO. Some 20-30something year old overzealous pseudofishermen over there . Displaying large dead Makos as avatars instantly organizes my thoughts.:fire: Therefore, little credibility to me. FOS if u ask me.

That's a very interesting response.
vandy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 03:52 AM

I have to admit, scary as hell if true.
I certainly would be posting all vehicle descriptions, including VINs, caps/trailers, etc, along with descriptions of the perps, in the hope that the scumbags would be caught.
Meanwhile, I cross in Tecate when I drive, and make sure I'm driving an UGLY vehicle, as I've been doing for 22 years with no problems.
Those Bloodydecks fishermen have too many toys...
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 08:35 AM

I heard of a seprate carjacking that happened last week... 5am on the toll road just north of Rosarito. A resident of Calafia heading across the border for work was pulled over by a white truck with flashing lights then blocked by another vehicle. Car stolen, driver was beaten and dumped at the Real del Mar exit.

oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 09:17 AM

One response on Bloody Decks says that he was sitting in a restaurant, "not drunk or anything" and two Federales happen to walk in and pick him at random and throw him into jail overnight. "I wasn't doing anything, man!"

The BS meter is off the scale on this one!
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 03:32 PM

NOTE TO SELF: There is no need to further bother yourself with anything that has anything to do with "Bloody Decks"; you are far too busy to waste time on foul-mouthed Mexico haters who are only in Baja to take the people's fish.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
NOTE TO SELF: There is no need to further bother yourself with anything that has anything to do with "Bloody Decks"; you are far too busy to waste time on foul-mouthed Mexico haters who are only in Baja to take the people's fish.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

amir
Senior Nomad

Mood: chiropractic

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 03:52 PM

Quote:

My sentiments, exactly!
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 04:04 PM

Well said vgabndo! I was thinking the very same thing. Doesn't anyone moderate that group?

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 04:49 PM

I have been traveling Mexico-all part-for over 30 years and have never had a problem with robberies or abuse. Sometime ago(25 years) I was with a friend in the state of Vera Cruz and was detained by some Federalies at gun point but there had been a recent killing of some

I havw been traveling Mexico-all parts- for over 30 years and have had no problems!!

bacquito
Halboo
Nomad

Mood: Bohemian

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 05:06 PM

Yo Tambien
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 07:02 PM
Shoot the messenger?

Quote:

Regardless of our opinion about "Bloody Decks", isn't the point whether or not this actually happened? Has anyone with connections to the website checked?

I consider myself pretty much insulated from all this so it's not priority 1 but I would guess this affects most who post here. Out of hand dismissal of reports based on where heard seems, to me, shortsighted.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 07:25 PM
Dave

I don't see it as shoot the messenger---yes, I would like to know if it is a valid story---it is important to know.

But the comments and language on that forum are really offensive and seem more aimed at bad mouthing all of Mexico---when it is put in those terms, it diminishes the credibility. The garbage makes it easy to forget the original post.

Again, I think we would all like to know the truth and it was not the original poster who was so obnoxious---more just saying what he heard happened.

Hope to see you again in B.A.

Diane

[Edited on 9-3-2007 by jdtrotter]

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 08:46 PM

Thanks Dave. I was really puzzeled by the replies. There are SO many issues here involving this incident , but many here focused on the web site the poster choose. I bet if he posted here, there wouldn`t be a word of protest, and the thread wouldn`t have been steered to some lesser issue(s).
Hey folks--- Bloddydecks is a mostly uncensored fishing site. YES there are Baja/Mexico hating replies. BUT.. BD has 27,850 members (that`s twenty-seven thousand, eight hundred and fifty) and a lot of jerks post their uncensored smack. There are also a lot of really great people on that site. They just had a tuna tournament down in Puerto Vallarta with a 27K purse. A lot of locals benefited from that event.
O.K. rant over! Now what scares me are these carjacking incidents. I was waved down by a victim several years ago, and helped him out, even taking him to Rancho Bernardo (San Diego). And Lord help me if someone gets me!! I mean the vehicle I drive can go, but my fishing gear would kill me!!!
Link to tuna tournament--
http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/bloodydecks-tuna-shootout-...
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
Thanks Dave. I was really puzzeled by the replies. There are SO many issues here involving this incident , but many here focused on the web site the poster choose. I bet if he posted here, there wouldn`t be a word of protest, and the thread wouldn`t have been steered to some lesser issue(s).
Hey folks--- Bloddydecks is a mostly uncensored fishing site. YES there are Baja/Mexico hating replies. BUT.. BD has 27,850 members (that`s twenty-seven thousand, eight hundred and fifty) and a lot of jerks post their uncensored smack. There are also a lot of really great people on that site. They just had a tuna tournament down in Puerto Vallarta with a 27K purse. A lot of locals benefited from that event.
O.K. rant over! Now what scares me are these carjacking incidents. I was waved down by a victim several years ago, and helped him out, even taking him to Rancho Bernardo (San Diego). And Lord help me if someone gets me!! I mean the vehicle I drive can go, but my fishing gear would kill me!!!
Link to tuna tournament--
http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/bloodydecks-tuna-shootout-...

Yea, I was one who agreed about that thread, and yet I have to confess that one of my sons posts on that forum, and he is a good person, or at least his mother thinks so. :yes

A car jacking anywhere is not a pretty picture. Too bad the jerks jumped in on that thread

Diane

[Edited on 9-3-2007 by jdtrotter]

Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 10:32 PM

A lot of the guys on BD that are Baja/Mexico regulars didnt add on to that post, myself included. Most of us learned our lesson the last time this happened, its not worth the brain damage.

Bloody Decks isnt for everyone, its pretty much uncensored and it can be raw. If you dont like it, stay off the site, its that easy.

I will say that the guys I know that started that site and the regulars on it are a great bunch of people. Ive seen some amazing things happen over there. You cannot judge a book by its cover.

Just like when I first found the Nomads. I figured Id find a bunch of peaceful laid back people, until the bickering started. I couldnt believe it, but it just get like that sometimes, and doesnt make everyone on the site bad.

I dont doubt that the post is true. The poster hasnt ever given any BS reports, and isnt a known AH :tumble: Its not hard to believe that you can get car jacked in TJ is it? Most of the guys that bad mouthed Mexico will never come down anyways, not such a bad thing is it?
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 11:11 PM

just as dave said, its the incident that should have your interest.... not the rants of a few that are frustrated about the incident. acting as if the story is any less true because of the name of their group..... you the one foolin yourself.

My boat is named "El Matador de Pescado"... and yes I kill fish. I kill all the fish I can eat. anyone claiming to be some kind of protector of the fish, need not look at a gringo with a pole and hook. they need to look at the "chinos" (as my mexican fisherman friends call them), or the mexicans themselves with a "hooka" setup and spotlight.

A "seawatch" video on youtube said that the hooka divers were taking 200-500 kilos a night of finned fish from the reefs in loreto.(before the park was established) now they have moved just out of the park. I and my friends that fish mexico a few times a year might take 200 kilos a year, (and Im El Matador ha ha ). wasnt it the chinos that came in and raped the gulf of the shrimp several years back?

i drive that stretch several times a year, and mostly at night. I would like to hear about things such as this, so I can continue to keep my guard up til I'm south of san quintin.
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 9-3-2007 at 12:07 AM

I just talked to a youngman who is a citizen of Mexico and was working as a cop in Rosarito but quit due to the corupt practices. He is very socialable, smart, in great shape and had everything any law enforcement agency would be looking for in a new recruit. He said he just couldn't mistreat people and take advantage of Americans, as he had a lot of them he had made friends with over the years. I told him he should reconsider but try on the Federal level and he might have a better experience. These are the kind of cops Mexico should be trying to hire and get moving their agencies away from the bad rap they have created by enriching themselves at the expense of those they victimize.
Frank, you are right that this probably did happened. Mexico has crooked cops setting other cops up and gang leaders using these crooked cops to kill those that they want out of the way. It's just plain depressing to us and just think how bad it is for the honest cops, like the youngman I know that just walked away from a career in law enforcement. Mexico has its work cut out for itself and needs our support to keep saying when something is wrong. So, instead of helping it stay wrong by paying off crooked cops to make the issue just go away we need to do the right thing. We all have seen first hand some real wrong things maybe not to the degree listed above but some of us real close to the above situation. Things are changing in Mexico but we need to not attack by bad mouthing but use constructive comments to push the bad things into the light to help them stop. I do not like to worry about crooked cops but have had to deal with them in the past and have learned when to insist on following them to the police station to help keep things right. "No Hurry, No Worry, Just Fun" let the easy on the easy make your stress slip away like no other place like Baja can. I for one am not going to let a few crooked cops or politicians run me away from the stress relief and fun I enjoy in Baja and in some places in Mainland Mexico!!!

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2007 at 04:14 AM

True, I may have overreacted to the site. Curb appeal is everything. What I saw were poor representatives of/on the site. I completely distracted by way of their dissing Mexico and shifting my thoughts in the subject. We can be pretty bloody ourselves at times but the general appearance and behavior is quite civil and austere.
I find a story as such delivered second hand with so many adjectives and details seems bloody fishy to myself. It reminds me of sack & doc. Who knows?
I hope these are rumorized tales. The thought of being accosted like they say peees me off. A car with some hand-placed flashing beacon can be a scary situation. Should you yield to one of these? A good question. There sure is no shortage of plain-clothed cars in any city anymore here in the states. These guys sport REAL lights permanently affixed to the vehicle.

But in Mex....
"To run or not to run" that is the REAL question.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.