Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6
Author: Subject: Beers of the Baja
Boshvideo
Nomad

Mood: chill

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 11:24 AM
Beers of the Baja

After being back home in Philly for more then a month now, I had a taste for a nice cold Pacifico. The "beer stores" here have Pacifico for $30 bucks (USD) a 12 pack. (not 24)
Can any Nomads north if TJ tell me if this is the "normal" price? I'd also be interested in prices for any of the other brands I sampled while in the Baja.
Many thanks.

It\'s easier to get forgiveness then permission.
The Wonderer
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 11:38 AM

Pacifico $20-25/ case, with CA redemption.
Case = 24-12 oz bottles
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 11:55 AM

One case, 24 bottles(now with 9% more), with free ice.....$150pesos

Sorry! I couldnt resist:P

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 12:40 PM

Sounds like a ripoff in Philly to me--here in Fort Worth, TX, Pacificos are about the same price as CA--around $6-8 a six-pack....yah, yah, yah bajajudy--rub it in!!!:lol:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 12:54 PM

Just wait for the Rite-Aid sale.........do you have Rite-Aid's in Philly?

This week it's 20 packs of 12 oz bottles of Tecate for 13.99.

Pacifico sales will come.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 12:56 PM
Best Beer

Nomads,
I am interested in hearing from others what their preferred beers are..... I prefer an "oscura" or darker beer such as Indio, Buen Nocha, Dos Equis Amber, Negro Modello....

But Tecate follows up closely (not only for the benefit of a free sample at the Tecate location brewery...and for other sentimental reasons).....

I am not particularly fond of Corona or Pacifico.....but when in need.....

Other tastes???

Don't believe everything you think....
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 01:05 PM

Your list it the same order fits my taste perfectly. For daytime beer drinking Corona.

[Edited on 9-28-2007 by comitan]

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 01:22 PM

Depends on my activity and the heat of the day. You wont find me drinking darker beers during hot, daytime activities. For those I prefer Tecate, Dos Equis Clara, Carta Blanca.

I switch to the others towards the evening.........prefer Negro Modelo and the Ambar. Bohemia has gotten kinda wimpy for evenings........just changing tastes.

Pacifico seems to vary in taste more than any Mexican beer I have had. Probably issues in transportation or storage.

Corona is my last resort. It's the only beer that really REQUIRES a lime to rid it of the aftertaste. I think the whole lime tradition comes from a need to improve Corona, since it is so popular. But I occasionally drink a Tecate with lime.

I wont drink Sol or Chihuahua. Worse than Corona for my tastes.

bajaboolie
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 01:27 PM

I'm a Negro Modelo kinda gal. For a lighter beer mood, I usually go for Pacifico.

Bajaboolie
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 02:14 PM

Bohemia is my favorite.:bounce:
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 02:21 PM

Modelo has been on sale here and has been great in the summer heat--very light beer. I used to like the Corona I bought in Mex(not the stuff they sell in the U.S.--different bottling they say) but got tired of breaking bottles on the rough roads so switched mostly to Tecate in cans down there--which for me is essential to have with lime and salt! Pacifico is awesome--we usually buy a few Ballenas in summertime. As others have said--the darker beers are best for colder weather.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron
I used to like the Corona I bought in Mex(not the stuff they sell in the U.S.--different bottling they say)

Was told at the Tecate factory a couple of years ago that almost all Mexican beer is processed differently for export.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 02:35 PM

Hook...you concept of time is the same as mine...dark heavy beers are for relaxing...my everyday beer is Pacifico. I enjoy dark beers of most brewers, but when it come to Tecate there is to much bite...Hops they use are weird to my taste buds.
When I have had a hard days night I use Corona as a mouth wash for a couple of beers to uncoat my taste buds again:lol::lol::lol:
Beer variety is what life is about period......:cool:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 02:36 PM

Tijuana beer. Best beer in Mexico.

And don't miss the TJ international beer festival, Oct 26-28.

Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 02:41 PM

Forgot to say if the beer is free...I don't give a damn what the name is on the label...remember I accept all offers...:lol::lol::lol:Until:barf:then I may need a Corona...

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Boshvideo
Nomad

Mood: chill

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 02:41 PM
My Bad

Sorry, I must have posted my mistake as a new topic.
One of the 12 packs was removed from the display. It's $28 (USD) for 24.
All's good in the City of Brotherly Love. Havin' a cold one right now.
have a great weekend
Boshvideo

It\'s easier to get forgiveness then permission.
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 02:43 PM

Now we're talking important stuff. At my local cerveceria I walk in and say "MAS AGUA" por favor. A case of 24 Pacificos is 150 pesos with a case of empties, it recently went up from a 120 something.

BUT, remember, they are 325 milliliter bottles, which is shade under 11 ounces. So a case of 24 is really 22 12 ouncers to us gringos.

At least I think I got the arithmetic right.

[Edited on 9-28-2007 by oldhippie]
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldhippie
Now we're talking important stuff. At my local cerveceria I walk in and say "MAS AQUA" por favor. A case of 24 Pacificos is 150 pesos with a case of empties, it recently went up from a 120 something.

BUT, remember, they are 325 milliliter bottles, which is shade under 11 ounces. So a case of 24 is really 22 12 ouncers to us gringos.

At least I think I got the arithmetic right.

Well now I know why I drink so many Pacifico in Baja....:biggrin:

Albert G

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 02:48 PM

Hippie

I read your posts and possibly learn, now your talking beer and measure this is something I know something about, Now a Pacifico has 355ml, and there is 24 bottles to the case and I still only pay 134 pesos.:lol::lol::lol:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 02:51 PM

BTW, is anyone else entertained by the latest Dos Equis ad campaign featuring the "worlds most interesting man"?

From an ad standpoint, I think it's pretty damn clever, especially using the old newsreel style and some of the heroic scenarios. Certainly Hemingway-esque.

The ad firm's research says it is in the top 5% of the "most enjoyable ads in US research history".........for whatever that's worth.

Pages:  1    3  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.