baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

lol.gif posted on 10-20-2007 at 07:29 AM
Gonzaga Bay 1967 A nightmare recalled

.......A nightmare recalled
baitcast

Nomad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member Is Online

posted on 12-5-2004 at 01:41 AM

Gonzaga Bay 1967.......A nightmare recalled

This would be our third summer vacation at PaPa,s place,my family is really getting into this baja thing,all we talk about is when are we going next and can,t we stay a little longer,the kids bedrooms walls are covered with baja pic,s,my garage is a mess,fishing poles,camping gear,and finally a boat an motor,with our powerwagon and shell we are ready for anything.
PaPa,s place in those days was primitive at best,but we always had the cabana which I helped put the roof on three years earlyer and this year a flusher,it does,nt get any better!!!
Baths were a bit of a problem,a wife and two little girls,well you understand,but we had a solution for that also,wait for everyone to go to bed ,then go skinny dipping with your favorite bar of soap,worked well until that night.
It was a beautiful night a huge full moon as only a baja moon can be and bright as day,the wife an kids were finishing up and I was taking a little swim maybe a bit to far for me but the water was warm and life was good.
I,ve never been a strong swimmer and had no business being out this far but I just felt great,the strokes were coming easy and fatigue never entered my mind.
As I mentioned before the water was warm and O so clear I could see,O MY GOD directly below me was a huge shape,a large fish,a BIG SHARK!!!!!
I coudn,t catch my breath,my heart pounded,vomit was only a moment away but now the adrenalin started to kick in,swim for your lifeand that I did,really rolling now but I looked down and there he was only closer now,I started to yell to who I don,t know,everytime I looked down he was closer,any minute now and I,ve had it.........WHAM he had my face.Ive always thought to be eaten by a large shark had to be the worst way you could go...........But wait I,m still alive an all I have is sand in my eyes.
I beached myself swimming from my shadow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAITCAST

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.

[Edited on 2-14-2008 by baitcast]
baitcast
Super Nomad

thumbdown.gif posted on 10-20-2007 at 07:31 AM

OPPS my first cut and paste or cut and move,seems I have some work to do:lol:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2007 at 08:21 AM

Good one
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2007 at 10:44 AM

The fact that I laughed myself silly at this story the first time round (a couple years back) did not keep me from splurting coca cola all over my keyboard when I read it this time. Thanks, baitcast - that was fun!

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2007 at 11:05 AM

That was too funny, and a good time to bring the story back with all the shark talk going on on the other thread. I could picture it now, sitting here behind my computer. I would have heard your shouts for help and run to the edge of the water, only to see you run full steam ahead into the sand. Then I would have fallen over backwards on my butt, laughing so hard at your escape from your invisible preditor. That was a great story, thank you for bringing back.

P<*)))><

[Edited on 20-10-2007 by Paulina]

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 05:49 AM

:rolleyes: What a fiasco :lol: I remember lying there out of breath thinking you fool but just glad he didn,t get me!

Skinned my nose to.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 06:02 AM

Baitcast,,,:lol::lol::lol: great experince...almost wish it had happened to me....ALMOST:lol::lol::lol:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Halboo
Nomad

Mood: Bohemian

thumbup.gif posted on 10-21-2007 at 09:40 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.