Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Vibe in Abreojos
coolhand
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 04:38 PM
Vibe in Abreojos

Been hearing such wonderful things about Ascuncion, the wife and I are definately going to check it out in a week or two. First, I want to take her to Abreojos, camp at the Estero Coyote, do some kayaking and a little surfing (yeah, I know it will probably be the beachbreak this time of year, but you never know). I want her to see my old stomping grounds. I first started going there about 25 years ago. The last time I was in town was 10 years ago. Only dirt streets, no Campo Rene, just a shack at the head of the Estero, and only a cement slab at Razors. But the vibe seemed to be changing back then and not nessecerily for the better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that things are OK there. I'm also assuming that because its a hyped out surf destination(why I like to go in late October, early November) people want to keep it on the down low as much as possible. Is Asuncion just off the boards friendly, and/or has Abreojos lost some of that?
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 07:12 PM

Coolhand, do me a favor while your at campo Renee and verify my 56 lb yellowfin fish story. Nobody belives me! Thanks.

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 08:05 PM

O.K. I hate to be a smart a$$, but......... first-- Campo Rene has been there alot longer then 10 years and........... for Bajame...... was that a yellowtail? or a Yellowfin??
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 09:40 PM

Abreojos is still pretty cool when there isn't a swell. Pavement almost to Coyote. They cleaned up the dump on the slat flats past Razors and the flies seem to be not so bad. Proof will be when the sea grass gets piled on the beach.
Everything north of Abre to Asuncion is how Abre used to be. Baja fun and adventure for sure. Great folks and beautiful coast. Take a drive and discover some new stuff ;)

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2007 at 10:40 AM

if you go this next week, you may very well score some good surf...be prepared to see houses along the surf zone...
coolhand
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2007 at 12:23 PM

Thanks for the imput. As far a Campo Rene, the structures were there but it was closed up at the time. Yeah, we always camped beyond the oyster shack and absolutley loved the solitude. I heard about the houses on the point and also of potential swell. Does the 1000 bring alot of people to Abreojos or is it pretty much out of the way?
coolhand
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2007 at 12:44 AM

Bajame, I promise the wife and I will check on your trophy catch and report in a couple of weeks. Whistler, Gadget and Pappy, thanks for the info. Grover, only in heaven would this quote be legit. I am preparing myself for the houses on the point. Nothing wrong with building homes, its gonna happen. I only hope the people living there will give my wife and I the same respect we'll give them, and the same respect we gave the people, the point, its land and the ocean before they were there.

God Bless, can't wait to see the area.....

P.S. Water temps are generally still in the 70's this time of year, but you never know with the winds. The temp. readings off the internet aren't always accurate along the coast, and I was hoping someone knew the current water temp.????? Nonetheless, we would like to meet some Nomads while were there and have a drink or two, or three anyhow..........

[Edited on 11-5-2007 by coolhand]

[Edited on 11-5-2007 by coolhand]
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2007 at 04:37 AM

Haven't been there in 10 years? Be prepared for a shock.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.