BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FM3 (Lucrativa) Renewal Question (Loreto)
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 11-5-2007 at 08:45 AM
FM3 (Lucrativa) Renewal Question (Loreto)

Can someone tell me exactly what is currently required (at the Loreto Immigration office) for my FM3 (lucrativa) renewal?

My last FM3 renewal and change to "lucrativa" (working, for our Mex. Corp.) in Loreto turned into a patience marathon.... It took 7 months... most likely because of 1. leaving my paperwork with my accountant who is a very nice man, but always very busy ~ and 2. a busy Loreto Immigration office that had many cases to process when mine was due.

So... I am due for another renewal Feb. 1. I am in the US til Thanksgiving week... then in Loreto for a week, and then back to the US (and some travels) until after my FM3 expiration / renewal.

So, I'll likely leave my FM3 in Loreto with Tere Muro (Loreto Solutions ~ at Sukasa, as I hear she is great) when I fly home after Thanksgiving and have her do my next renewal.

I HAD the list of items needed for FM3 renewal and Lucrativa, but that got left in Loreto with my accountant. If anyone has the current checklist, I would really appreciate the info ~ and gladly repay the favor.

Just trying to get it right and bring ALL of the paperwork with me to Loreto this trip....

Thanks!
djh / David

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2007 at 09:18 AM

Here in San Lucas, they have started requiring that you renew your FM3 lucrativo every 6 months. Hope that is not the case in Loreto!

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2007 at 11:52 AM
Basically, proof of three things

Quote:
Originally posted by djh
If anyone has the current checklist, I would really appreciate the info ~ and gladly repay the favor.

1. Corporation has paid its taxes

2. You are legally employed by the corporation.

3. Proof of residency.

Your accountant should arrange for documentation from Hacienda on taxes. Also a letter from your corporation regarding employment. Proof of residency can vary, depending on local requirements, from a utility bill to a copy of a lease or bank trust.

One less requirement will be financial. You won't need to prove income.

Julie
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2007 at 12:57 PM

There are a few more than three items required, at least here in Loreto. They are as follows:

FM3 (or2) copies
Passport copies
Copy of paid phone or electric bill
Federal Taxes paid
State Taxes paid ( IVA if applicable)
Social Security Taxes paid (if there are employees)
Declaracion Anual
Registro Extranjero (annual registration of your corp)

And last but not least, if you have a work permit attached to your corp you need a letter on Corp letterhead inviting you to work for them, a letter from yourself accepting the position and a letter to Immigration from the Corp requesting your work permit.
Remember to sound very important when composing the letter inviting yourself to work and very humble when writing your letter of acceptance
Hope that helps
Julie
Iguana Inn:o
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2007 at 01:14 PM

Here they are requiring a copy of every page in your passport and FM-whatever:!:

djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 11-5-2007 at 08:55 PM
THANKS !

Thanks for the assist !
As always, Julie, you are well informed, thanks.
I hope Loreto has not gone to a 6 month lucrativa renewal cycle... why, the last renewal took over 6 months ! :O Bet you tire of that, Judy?
And Diane, thanks for the U2U and for faxing me the INM (LTO) checklist.... most appreciated.
Our Baja Nomad site sure is a great thing for all . . .
djh / David.

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.