YES!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2007 at 05:14 PM

It's tomorow.
BajaGuera
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2007 at 05:18 PM

Veteran's Day is November 11th - today Sunday. But tomorrow is the government day off of work day.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2007 at 05:22 PM

I stand corrected.
bajaretreat
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-11-2007 at 05:24 PM

A Timely Video for Veterans Day!!

On November 11, 1999 Terry Kelly was in a Shoppers Drug Mart store in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. At 10:55 AM an announcement came over the store's PA asking customers who would still be of the premises at 11:00 AM to give two minutes of silence in respect to the veterans who have sacrificed so much for us. Terry was impressed with the store's leadership role in adopting the Legion's "two minutes of silence" initiative. He felt that the store's contribution of educating the public to the importance of remembering was commendable. When eleven o'clock arrived on that
day, an announcement was again made asking for the "two minutes of silence" to commence. All customers, with the exception of a man who was accompanied by his young child, showed their respect. Terry's anger towards the father for trying to engage the store's clerk in conversation and for setting a bad example for his child was later channeled into a beautiful piece of work called, "A Pittance of Time".
bajaretreat
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-11-2007 at 05:26 PM

I tried to attach the .wmv file for the video but it didn't show up....had it saved to my desk top and clicked on the browse button, but no luck....it's a great video if only I could pass it along on here....help would be grately appreciated...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2007 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaretreat
I tried to attach the .wmv file for the video but it didn't show up....had it saved to my desk top and clicked on the browse button, but no luck....it's a great video if only I could pass it along on here....help would be grately appreciated...

Thanks so much for this. I want to save it forever.
I had the feeling as I listened that it that it was of Ireland, the land of my grand parents. I don't know....It's all so sad.
One statement that the song made was, " May we never forget that our young become vets." I wish Americans would listen to this.
Thanks again. One cool post.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.