Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: american idiots
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 12:26 PM
american idiots

its time of the year for the the baja 1000 and along with the race come the idiots (not everyone but more than needed). all the "wannabe's" come here with there motos and have no respect for anyone, and its all about them having fun at everyone elses expense. its like leaving a NASCAR race and all of a sudden everyone is jeff gordon. they race thru residential streets doing 60-70 mph with no thought of anyone else, kids, pets, the elderly, all at risk. you can ask as i did for them to slow down, usually responded to by a shrug of the shoulders and a "it wasnt me". its not like there is a lack of places to ride but i guess its that "look at me" thing and there is no one where they should be riding to see how cool they are. now i know this is not everyone but it only takes a few and i imagine it will keep on until someone is hurt, (other than the idiot) or worse killed. i mean its Mexico, right ? you can do anything you want, right ? WISE UP !

[Edited on 11-13-2007 by mulege marv]

walker.gif - 25kB

Want what you have
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 12:38 PM

I guess we can be thankful we don't come across these jerks when they're leaving a boxing match.
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 01:48 PM

Couldn't agree more. Many (not all) of the support team members are the worst!!! They seem to think they own the town, are free to drive like marooons and take obnoxious to a whole new level.
Slowmad
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 02:34 PM

Is there a single group of Baja visitors with a louder, dirtier, more garish imprint than offroaders?

Discuss.

The only requirement for love or chorizo is confidence.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 02:38 PM

There are always going to be a few bad apples that spoil the bunch, no matter what sport they are involved in.

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 02:38 PM

If this thread keeps going in the same direction, I'm going to pop some corn and grab a Pacifico and a lawn chair.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 02:41 PM

I've already had my fill of popcorn and soda today just following along with the race on another board.
Ken, save yourself a few trips to the fridge and bring a cooler full.
P.

[Edited on 13-11-2007 by Paulina]

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 02:45 PM

On the other hand, maybe I'll go throw another Orville Redenbacher bag in the micro....

bajaboolie
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 02:57 PM

Do many of the baja 1000 people use this board? I'm guessing your wise warnings will go unnoticed if they are more "racers" than Baja enthusiasts. Now, if a similar post could be done on some Baja 1000 board, well, then I'll get my popcorn too!

Bajaboolie
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 03:00 PM

You won't get any racer rebuttal here. They know the problem.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaboolie
Do many of the baja 1000 people use this board? I'm guessing your wise warnings will go unnoticed if they are more "racers" than Baja enthusiasts. Now, if a similar post could be done on some Baja 1000 board, well, then I'll get my popcorn too!

The ones that do use this board are down there now. They aren't the ones that would be guilty of the issue at hand.
This topic has been discussed on the "racing" boards, not all people who race/chase/crew read the off road boards, just as not all who go to baja for other reasons read the Nomad board.
P.

doradodan
Nomad

Mood: boracho

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 03:43 PM

my street in san felipe is about 4 blocks long, no stop signs and dirt. Everybody used it for a race track until I put up a speed bump, now I could open up a nut and bolt store.

\"The time spent off the water, I\'m thinking of ways to get back in\"
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 04:04 PM
grover

Quote:
Originally posted by grover
Only lefties don't like motorsports and football.

i am a big fan of motorsports as long as they are done on the track. and i am a far cry from being an "eco-terrorist" i love off roading, but it lets look at that word for just a second "OFF ROADING" that would tend to make one believe this sport was done off the roads, yes ? being stupid as some of these people are is the fastest way to get this race stopped, i am not against racing, i love the sport just not in my front yard and PUBLIC STREETS. oh by the way they use the tope in front of my house for a jump

speedygonzales.gif - 4kB
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by doradodan
my street in san felipe is about 4 blocks long, no stop signs and dirt. Everybody used it for a race track until I put up a speed bump, now I could open up a nut and bolt store.
Thats the street where the "square circle" dropped his radiator. Big bump no bueno for "lead foot" Roy :lol::lol::lol:
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 04:13 PM

We had a speed bump put in by our house too, for all the lead footed blue hairs in the community.

P.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulege marv
oh by the way they use the tope in front of my house for a jump

Change it into a trench.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 05:38 PM

Marv.

I don't understand why you used the heading American Idiots, when this kind of action encompasses all peoples, or are the people jumping your tope Americans, Down here in La Paz they have an Autodrome and after the races its another races for everyone to get home there is always redlights ahead and nobody moves!!!!

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulege marv
Quote:
Originally posted by grover
Only lefties don't like motorsports and football.

i am a big fan of motorsports as long as they are done on the track. and i am a far cry from being an "eco-terrorist" i love off roading, but it lets look at that word for just a second "OFF ROADING" that would tend to make one believe this sport was done off the roads, yes ? being stupid as some of these people are is the fastest way to get this race stopped, i am not against racing, i love the sport just not in my front yard and PUBLIC STREETS. oh by the way they use the tope in front of my house for a jump

It's not a "sport." Don't use that word or you will lend credibility to their idiotic pastime.
If your tope doesn't work, you need to rebuild it to your satisfaction. The best thing about Mexico is that the Mexican Bill of Rights apparently gives all citizens the right to build and maintain their own speed bumps (we need a human right like that in the US!). I suggest you build it higher and steeper so it does some real damage to suspension of any marooon that exceeds 15 mph
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 05:54 PM

The lead racers will pass by Loreto in the wee hours of the morning. Many locals are camping out along the course, with plenty of beer and tequila, to watch the racers race through the arroyo.

This kind of racing is very popular locally with the Mexican people here, both as observers and participants.

Earlier this week we had a sad reminder of the possible consequences of bad behavior behind the wheel. Two young men were killed after drinking and racing a Ford Explorer, rolling it near town. Five young children lost their fathers.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 05:55 PM

Building a Tope is in the bill of rights?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.