Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Action
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 09:10 AM
Action

Put some energy to action by simply writing to the Mexican government. It might surprise you how much people want to hear from you even in english or spanish.

Please don't begin a huge argument about whether this has merit, just use any energy you have to make one phone call or write one letter, it will make a difference.

Write a short letter or call an office and ask for increased security, more support of police actions and oversight of deliquents and police on the toll roads in TJ. Or you may mention a specific concern or experience you had.

Be brief, polite, identify yourself and your position and say thank you goodbye. It can't hurt and truly the government is listening and needs to know how you feel.

Suggested contacts are Director of tourism, Attorney General, State Police, etc... every letter and phone call lets them know, that you know, that they know, that you know, well you get the point, I hope.

Remember to be polite and direct.

Baja Directory
http://www.bajacalifornia.gob.mx/spf/directorio.htm

BCS Directory
http://www.bcs.gob.mx/index.php?option=com_peoplebook&It...

Here's a sample imperfect letter asking for support to add security on the toll roads.

23/11/07

Attn: _______________

Somos preocupados por el bienestar de nuestros hijos, nos seguridad y tranquilidad familar en vacaciones en Baja.

Por favor tenir attencion a seguridad en route de los toll roads de Tijuana para sacar los deliquentos quien pasen como policia y molestar las turistas.

Tam bien, ayudarnos con presion a la policia para ser mejore con turistas en Baja y B.C.S.

Estamos escribiendo aqui por que este pais es un buen lugare y nosotros gustan la gente, la tierra y el mar.

Gracias,

[Edited on 11-23-2007 by gnukid]

Ojosraros
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 09:17 AM

can we fix the mistakes?
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 09:24 AM

Please, write your own and post examples here.

I am fixing the mistakes as I can as well. I am not a fluent speaker but these excercises are worthwhile and I don't think perfection is important in that the mistakes convey the authenticity of the message from a tourist.
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 11:52 AM

You can´t be so naive as to think that the government listens or even reads your letters. :lol:
CaboRon

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
You can´t be so naive as to think that the government listens or even reads your letters. :lol:
CaboRon

Ya con el pesimismo por Dios. It has to start somewhere and writing a letter just may help.

[Edited on 11-23-2007 by ELINVESTI8]
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 12:47 PM

I promise you its working. It just takes time and cooperation. We have to give credit to those who try even a little. One child, one woman or even a man can make a difference by communicating the point effectively, with logic, ethics and emotion. Mexican people understand the issue, they get the point, we as a group just need to speak up, we are the most affected by the toll road problem, as has been suggested 'attention goes to where energy flows.'

Things are happening. In particular in mexico public opinion is powerful, more powerful than other rules. Please if you care about baja, it wont hurt to write a note in english or spanish and send it in an envelope to the offices noted, or send an email (less powerful) or make a call. You will feel empowered and they will feel empowered to act.

Its fun to participate in making your community the way you would like it to be.

We need to work together with the enregy we have to make the point externally, as well as internally in our community.

Have fun,
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 12:54 PM

I think you have a great idea there, gnukid. And it's a good idea to send cc'sof your e-mails, and of your letters, to officials at various levels, such as the chieff of police, the mayor, the governor and to Mexico City.

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Put some energy to action by simply writing to the Mexican government. It might surprise you how much people want to hear from you even in english or spanish.

Here is my letter I wrote.

Noviembre 23, 2007

Estimado Gobernador Eugenio Elorduy Walther
Gobernador de Baja California

Saludos,

Somos preocupados por el bienestar de nuestra seguridad y tranquilidad en vacaciones cuando estamos en Baja California.

Por favor ponga atención a la seguridad en los caminos de cuota de Tijuana a Ensenada y los demás caminos que usan los extranjeros turísticos para pasar al interior de Baja California para capturar a los criminales que pasan como que son la policía y quien roba y secuestra a extranjeros turísticos.

Tambien ayúdanos con presión a la policía en general para que ellos pongan más atención y se mejoran con su propio conducto cuando hacen contacto con extranjeros turísticos en Baja California norte y sur quienes nomás están visitando y portándose bien con cariño y amor a la gente de Baja California.

Estamos escribiendo porque el país de México es una maravilla y con los delitos de criminales y el conducto de ciertas policías destruya el país y el apoyo personal y financiad que traen los extranjeros turísticos.

Gracias por su tiempo,

Your name and e-mail address

Send it to postmaster@baja.gob.mx

Attn: Gobernador Eugenio Elorduy Walther

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid

That's pretty funny. I have friends who, after being robbed in their home, tried to call the police in English and got nowhere.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 01:29 PM

With pessimism we get nowhere in life.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 01:53 PM

ELIN,

Can you also post an english translation of your letter, please.

And does anyone have addresses of other officials to send the letter to ?

Thank you
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 01:57 PM

I will try to translate what I wrote in Spanish. I am rusty..

Here is receipt message I received from the website Governor’s website upon sending the above letter.

MUCHAS GRACIAS POR CONTACTARNOS. SU MENSAJE HA SIDO RECIBIDO Y EN UN LAPSO NO MAYOR A 24 HRS., USTED RECIBIRA RESPUESTA POR PARTE DEL ADMINISTRADOR DEL SISTEMA DE INTERNET
Postmaster: Administrador del Sistema de Internet

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 02:00 PM

gnukid started with the letter in Spanish and I just added to it. gnukid gets the credit for staring this...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
CaboRon

Ya con el pesimismo por Dios. It has to start somewhere and writing a letter just may help.

Pesimism? Is that what it is? How about being realistic. You're suggesting that we send them a form letter. Who reads form letters especially when they contain complaints? Do you? I'll betcha don't. You would be better off if you sent them a unique personal letter. Include a couple of pictures of your dog so that they can see they're dealing with a good person. That will make them stand up and take notice.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 02:27 PM

Here is the translation as best I can do of the letter I wrote in Spanish.

Dear Governor Eugene Elorduy Walther
Governor of Baja California

Greetings,

We are worried about our well-being, security and family peace while on vacation in Baja California.

Please pay attention to the security on the toll roads between Tijuana and Ensenada and the rest of the roads foreign tourists take to get to the interior of Baja California so that the criminals who pose as police officers who rob and kidnap foreign tourists can be captured.

Also help us with putting pressure on the police in general so they will better their conduct when dealing with foreign tourists who are just visiting Baja California and who only have love and affection for the people of Baja California.

We are writing because Mexico is a wonderful place but with the crime committed by criminals and the conduct of certain police officers the country along with the personal help and money that the foreign tourist’s bring is being destroyed.

Thank you for your time,

Your name here
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 02:32 PM

Well Dennis do not talk about it just do it. Any contribution is greatly appreciated I am sure. Whether it is a personal letter or an e-mailed form letter, just do it.

Remember your mood is: Open minded and a good listener

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 02:35 PM

You folks had best hurry your letters to Elorduy. He won't be there much longer. The governor-elect is José Guadalupe Osuna Millán.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 02:38 PM

When José Guadalupe Osuna Millán is in we can send one to him too.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 02:39 PM

Let's start something here and now.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 02:41 PM

Dennis,

You are intelligent with positive energy and experience and knowledge. Why not simply use that expertise to send a single message to those who may care to know your interests. I can promise you that each effort received helps.

Now, obviously, if you call an office and attempt to speak in english its probably not understood, you may ask for a person who speaks english, such as "se encuentra una personne quien habla englais.' Then you will wait for the person. Or practice your mesage in spanish, why not, its fun. A letter on the other hand can be passed around to those who speak english and they can share that letter with others.

Even if someone doesn't understand immediately they will process the info and comprehend over time. Practice delivering your message with patience and clamness and try try again.

For those of you who have no experience in doing so with government officials it may be a fantastically empowering experience to learn that messages delivered in the medium required are received, just try.

If you visit baja is there any reason why you wouldn't try at least to send a simple kind message expressing your concern, if not than this really isn't a place for you to visit.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.