Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Well friend please forgive me
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 08:15 PM
Well friend please forgive me

I am starting out on a new path and that concerns me more than a bit. Just picked up the ashes of my life and went sort of nuts! I held them to my heart and knew they were the sum total up my life up to this point..................No one has been more loved than my wife and I will always cherish her.

But a strange thing happened as I was driving home.....Someone, I believe my Lady, spoke to me and said that she knew that I loved Baja and it's people. She went on to tell me that I should visit those loving folks that we had not been able to reach because of illness.

She said much more to me but I will not share that with you folks,

Suffice to say that she told me to stay by her side for a time and then be free to express my love for my fellow Baja friends.

I guess I have been given my marching orders!

That said, I can ony say that the real Baja folks are here to support me and to kick me in the proper direction-------south.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 08:23 PM

March on Bernie. Welcome home. I'm glad you're back.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 08:24 PM

I say, Go Bernie Go, and take your lovely lady with you. Check your email.

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 08:36 PM

Bernie,

She will always be with you and pushing you----follow her demands.

Thank you for sharing such a sad, happy, and very special moment in your life.

Diane

bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 08:48 PM

I've never met you but my feelings are that the people left behind when someone dear to them passes are the sad ones. You will remember your wife but share your experiences with others. Hopefully I will meet you one day in Baja

bacquito
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 08:59 PM

So Bernie, ever been to Bahia Asuncion ??
Nomads fishing tourney in January !?!? :light:
Sunman
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 09:23 PM

Bernie,
Having returned from Baja trip recently, and having left under similar circumstances as you are experiencing, I can tell you it can be a very cathartic experience, there is no better place.

May you find peace and go when you are ready.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Wow. My condolences...... I ponder that very situation for myself often and really wonder how I will confront and accept what will occur in time..........

You have to prepare for it. Most people don't.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 09:28 PM

Dale amigo, dale con toda su gana. El sur te esta llamando. Bernie Bernie vente ya!

bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 12:37 AM

May you continue to keep in touch with your lady and benefit from her advice, Bernie.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 09:27 AM

Bernie, 'tell' her thanks for giving you a direction... I hope to assist you to see some of the peninsula's treasures in person that you haven't yet...

Thanks again for the sharing... what good friends do!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
So Bernie, ever been to Bahia Asuncion ??
Nomads fishing tourney in January !?!? :light:

Going to be some nice people there in January, and we know you would love it----looks a lot more like old Baja.

Diane and John

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 12:21 PM

Bernie,

Thanks for sharing this with us. My deepest sympathies for your loss. Being amongst friends is the best tonic. I too look forward to hearing your future stories of Baja and its people.

Ken
hunter47

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
I am starting out on a new path and that concerns me more than a bit. Just picked up the ashes of my life and went sort of nuts! I held them to my heart and knew they were the sum total up my life up to this point..................No one has been more loved than my wife and I will always cherish her.

But a strange thing happened as I was driving home.....Someone, I believe my Lady, spoke to me and said that she knew that I loved Baja and it's people. She went on to tell me that I should visit those loving folks that we had not been able to reach because of illness.

Suffice to say that she told me to stay by her side for a time and then be free to express my love for my fellow Baja friends.

That said, I can ony say that the real Baja folks are here to support me and to kick me in the proper direction-------south.

Hasta la vista,

Richard H. Rennie
amir
Senior Nomad

Mood: chiropractic

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 10:34 PM

Buen Viaje!
hunter47

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie

Hasta la vista,

Richard H. Rennie
hunter47

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 10:43 PM

I messed up posting a reply, but we love you and thank you and Lu Ann for many years of friendship!

Rich, Terry and the girls!!

Hasta la vista,

Richard H. Rennie
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
tripledigitken says... Being amongst friends is the best tonic.

You are RIGHT ON here.... Wow!

Bernie, we are all with you.
Bob H
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 12-5-2007 at 08:39 AM

Bernie,we are so sorry for your loss. We had hoped to meet Lu Ann at the last booksigning but she was not feeling well enough to come down. May she fly with the angels. Rob & Connie

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.