BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Dog-Nappers or pooch rescuers? You decide!
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 08:59 AM
Dog-Nappers or pooch rescuers? You decide!

Several Nomads were present at the scene of the crime....the great dog caper...It was Sirenitas 18th birthday bash and we were all gathered together at the beach house eating, drinking Bajaboy’s famous garafon punch(which could be to blame for the dog snatching), and enjoying the live music and lively conversation between gringos and family and amigos from here, Guerrero Negro, Jesus Maria and BOLA. When the party was well underway, a cute little spaniel perro showed up and milled around the tables to clean up spilled supper and thrown away bones. Sirena’s boyfriendss gramma admired this cute little guy and asked one of our neighbours who it belonged to. Now, it could be that this lady had a beef with the dog owners family because she quickly answered...”Oh this dog doesn’t belong to anybody...it’s always in the streets getting into everyone’s garbage...take it with you if you like it so much!” It is a common joke in these parts when someone admires your pet to respond by saying...take it with you if you like it so much...so I assumed that this was just one of those jokes as this lovely little doggie looked like a purebred and very well cared for. So I didn’t give it another thought.
The following week, the police come to haul me down to the police station....I thought they needed some help translating for an unlucky tourist...but NO, they wanted to warn me that a family here was pressing charges against my daughter for DOGNAPPING!!! No way Jose! My daughter LOVES dogs and would NEVER do that officer! But they say they have several witnesses...gulp...hmmm...well, as fate would have it Sirena was out of contact visiting BOLA so I couldn’t ask her. The family said if their dog wasn’t brought back by the next day, Sirena would be in very hot water. Now it just so happens that Sirena and the daughter of this family have had a feud since high school when they were after the same boy...the plot thickens...so this girl was rubbing her hands together with glee to make trouble for Sirena...small town politics..all is fare in love and war! Soooo...I was panicking trying to find out just what the heck happened to the little poochie and figure out a way to get him back to his rightful owners to avoid big probemas.
I finally got in touch with Sirena who told me her side of the story which was that her boyfriend’s grandparents had taken the little dog to Bahia de Los Angeles to give it a good home. So Sirena brought the doggie back to Guerrero Negro so the owners could pick it up....but NOOOOO, they wanted the dog delivered to them and an apology....I understand some tempers raged on both sides and they came to an impass about how the pup would get back home. Luckily Vacaenbaja called me to say they were just leaving Guerrero Negro and would be here in a couple of hours. AHA...I thought of a solution to the problem...and begged Señor Vaca to bring the doggie here, which he reluctantly agreed to but did....for which he was rewarded some lobsters. Nomads to the rescue once again!
NOW...the moral of this story...or lessen learned is....do NOT take doggies that people say don’t belong to anyone. The police informed me that in the event of someone wanting to save a street dog, they have to check first with the delegacion (city hall or police) before snatching the pooch.
So....was it just a misunderstanding or was it dog napping? You decide!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 10:22 AM

What a scary situation!!! So glad it all worked out in the end.

Leo
Senior Nomad

Mood: could be better

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 11:03 AM

Interesting small-town politics, if you ask me flared up by a misunderstanding, no daubt.
Glad it's resolved.

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by Leo]

The grass is always greener....
and so, there is always a better spot in Baja
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 11:07 AM

Ah, the family feuds in small towns everywhere. :lol::lol:

It really is a sweet little dog.

Just glad the nomad called from GN when he did. Won't vote either way, except Sirena is most definitely NOT a criminal.

She may have turned 18, but she is still mama's little girl. :yes:

Second day of the party----before the dog incident!

Diane

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by jdtrotter]

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 12:15 PM

I think I would have gotten more clarification than an off-hand comment at a party that was "well under way" before taking the dog to BOLA.

But, hey, she's 18. It's part of the learning process.

Glad it all worked out.

But the feud still exists. Wonder what the next chapter will be????

zforbes
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 01:15 PM
Party pooch pushes play parameters

I remember that little dog from the party...and from the next day when he scattered the contents of a bag of garbage throughout the yard at Shari's beach house. Hope he doesn't nose his way up the hill to our little casita looking for new garbage treats. I'm a dog lover, but poochy is in need of a little manners training to stay healthy. Not all garbage is dog food! In any event, I'll know to steer clear of any efforts that could lead to dognapping charges from the neighbors.
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 01:20 PM

Party crashing Pooch needs some manners. Maybe he will stick a little closer to home after his BOLA trip. What kind of dog was it. Oh, wait a second, I know. Mom was a ,Heinz 57, and dad was a, champion fence jumper, .:spingrin:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zforbes
I remember that little dog from the party... Hope he doesn't nose his way up the hill to our little casita looking for new garbage treats. I'm a dog lover, but poochy is in need of a little manners training to stay healthy.

Don't blame a dog for trying to steal garbage. Blame the garbage owner for not responsibly securing his/her garbage. :P
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Don't blame a dog for trying to steal garbage. Blame the garbage owner for not responsibly securing his/her garbage. :P

Follow your logic. That means blame the owner for not securing the dog.:lol:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Quote:

The world was a better place before N-zis passed leash laws. If you hate dogs, you should build a fence around your property, and not pass laws against freedom.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 04:08 PM

Yeah, let's spend thousands on fences for want of a six dollar leash by the owner.

Now, that's freedom...........dogs with more rights than property owners.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 04:38 PM

when dogs start talking they can roam free...

until then they are ONLY animals and
need to be leashed and contained

IMHO and my 2cents:P

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 04:52 PM

Shari,
Over the past several months, your posts have led me to believe my next Baja trip will lead me to Asuncion for a wide range of reasons.

However, the upsurge in crime in your community has me worried. Will I need to caravan with other nomads so as to reduce the chance that a basura-strewing canine might over-take me and lead me into false kidnapping allegations???

While I generally appreciate a polite pero, am I at risk of canine capture? With all that tail-wagging and hand-licking, I might consider petting El Pero....would that constitute assault on my part??

And consorting with your criminal family....would that put me at risk of incarceration....guilt by association???

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
when dogs start talking they can roam free...

until then they are ONLY animals and
need to be leashed and contained

IMHO and my 2cents:P

ya, you better get after your congressmman for not leashing all of the cats, rabbits, squirrels, coyotes, birds and lizards. and what about those ants that annoy me more than dogs (damn ants always stealing from my kitchen)
dogs are just another animal, don't see why they need to be singled out for leashes. you don't like animals, you go live in a bubble. you want to leash the dogs, then you tame your dang cats. :P:P
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Quote:

The world was a better place before N-zis passed leash laws. If you hate dogs, you should build a fence around your property, and not pass laws against freedom.

Here, I'll just screw this thread up further. In my neighborhood if the dog were to continue to offend after speaking a few times w/the owner the dog would soon find itself on a free trip to it's next lifetime. Mysteriously.:saint:

Y'all like killing dogs in Pt Loma?
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 05:29 PM

lol...I guess that makes us San Roque dog nappers......:o

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 05:30 PM

The couple of times I've been dumb enough to leave a bag of trash sitting around outside (instead of in the garage or a covered can), my local pack of Baja dogs got into it. Those two occasions helped train (a) me to not leave trash out and (b) those dogs to stay off my property. Humans and dogs are very trainable -- no leash or fence needed.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 05:35 PM

This is a case of a caring girl with a heart of gold whose only intent was to give an abandoned dog (which I am sure there are many there) a good home. Then the canijo owners went and made a federal case out of it.

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 05:36 PM

Fence your yard and let you dog run loose on your own property. In additon, it won't get run over by a car, or get in a fight with another dog and get hurt, or worse, bite someone.

That is responsible pet ownership.

Besides, I own a fence company, I need the work.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 07:06 PM

I don't know HOW that garbage got outside...after leaving the party in the wee hours...I think Madame Zoe is guilty!!! She had the nerve to clean up...we were all too hung over...at any rate most guests have fed this cute little spaniel so when he sees gringos he heads for the beach house and we welcome him...one of the cool things about Asuncion is there aren't many fences and lots of nice perros...but watch out for those dog nappers! My vote is they are guilty..such a nice dog OBVIOUSLY had an owner and it was a case of someone...."I like it so I'm gonna take it". But the woman who said take it away certainly made it easier for the dog nappers to justify their crime. But it's a lesson to gringos...watch out for your pooches.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.