Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: baja UFO sightings!!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

question.gif posted on 12-12-2007 at 07:53 AM
baja UFO sightings!!

we are not alone. here's my recent story and i am sticking to it!!

Thanks giving week, we are on the patio fairly late enjoying my fire pit and some coffee drinks - yes loaded with booze but that's not a factor here!!

so in the north sky, and the moon was pretty good too, we see this bright white light moving slowly at about a 10 o clock relative azimuth and its just slowly moving....towards the south east.
not making any sound. was too bright for the ISS which i have seen before. Not a planet cause of the movement.
not a plane because there are none going that way at that time of night - besides the speed ruled out any jet nor was there any noise.

so we are watching this thing for about 3 minutes and momentarily glancing away in discussion when i looked back at it and it was GONE. i mean a second earlier there and bright and SLOWLY moving along.............then GONE in a flash, just like they turned off the light or else it zoomed away so fast one wouldn't have caught it!!

this was not my 1st UFO encounter, had another one at PSFO once and one at San Carlos too.
But this was Janeen's 1st "encounter of the 1st kind".

so who else out there has experienced stuff like this in baja.?

Agent Mike here, and we're out.:?::o:O

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 08:08 AM

do you guys notice the UFO's always go
to see people living in "trailers":lol:
with...
"booze related" drinks nearby:lol:

you NEVER hear about some stockbroker
on wallstreet seeing a UFO
flying by HIS office window;);)
and...giving stock tips:tumble:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 08:08 AM

There was a report of a burning star this last week. We have a telescope. Everyone saw the same thing.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 08:12 AM

do you think aliens burned the star???:light:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 09:03 AM

While spending two weeks in Cabo for Thanksgiving, while sitting in our "corner" hottub at the resort, Wendy & I spotted a very bright light in the southern sky that changed from blues, to reds to clear??????? It stayed in the same place all evening. There was no booze during this relaxing evening. ??????????? Anyway. It seemed to be in one place for maybe two hours?????? We left for Loreto the next day, so could't find it that night, because of the mountain range obscuring our view????? Anyone know of this multicolored star or whatever in the southern hemisphere???
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 09:44 AM

A friend of mine was camping in Sierra San Pedro Martir about 3 months ago. From a distance of about 7 miles from where he was camped, he saw a VERY large - he says about a mile in circumference - disc shaped, flat "thing" in the sky. It had a cloud-like layer on top of it as well as at the bottom. It came toward them, and as it did so, tilted about 70 degrees. It hovered for a few minutes, then it spurted a greyish cloud-like substance all around its perimeter, and then moved away and up into the clouds, blending with the clouds and atmosphere so that it was almost invisible. They saw it around 4:30 p.m., so they saw no lights on it. Later, he realized his watch had stopped for 10 minutes, his GPS was off by 15 miles, and his dog was very agitated during the incident.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
not making any sound. was too bright for the ISS which i have seen before. Not a planet cause of the movement.
not a plane because there are none going that way at that time of night - besides the speed ruled out any jet nor was there any noise.

so we are watching this thing for about 3 minutes and momentarily glancing away in discussion when i looked back at it and it was GONE. i mean a second earlier there and bright and SLOWLY moving along.............then GONE in a flash, just like they turned off the light or else it zoomed away so fast one wouldn't have caught it!!

Maybe an "Irridium Flare." When the solar panels of Irridium satellites are aligned just right, they reflect sun light downward on us mortals and if you are in the narrow path of the reflected light from the flat solar panels, then you'll see a really bright light that quickly winks in and out. They are so bright you can see the "flare" in daytime. There are couple websites that allow you to predict when to look for an irridium flare based on your lat/long, so you may be able to back calculate your close encounter.
Also could have been reflection off of any other piece of large flat shiny space junk. USA and the ruskies spent billions putting trash in space to regale us with pretty lights when we watch the night sky
You said it was moving SE and dissapeared quickly, probabaly because it moved into earth shadow as it moved eastward, leading to quick wink out.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
A friend of mine was camping in Sierra San Pedro Martir about 3 months ago. From a distance of about 7 miles from where he was camped, he saw a VERY large - he says about a mile in circumference - disc shaped, flat "thing" in the sky. It had a cloud-like layer on top of it as well as at the bottom. It came toward them, and as it did so, tilted about 70 degrees. It hovered for a few minutes, then it spurted a greyish cloud-like substance all around its perimeter, and then moved away and up into the clouds, blending with the clouds and atmosphere so that it was almost invisible. They saw it around 4:30 p.m., so they saw no lights on it. Later, he realized his watch had stopped for 10 minutes, his GPS was off by 15 miles, and his dog was very agitated during the incident.

That was my "limo" bringing me back from my recent vacation in aplpha centari. Usually when you mortals see us we brainwash you so you forget it. My driver must have been inattentive that day.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 09:59 AM

Mike, it sure sounds like a large satellite or the space station... just brighter in Baja... When you looked away, it went into earth's shadow.

Our alien brothers like to dart around different directions and speeds while we watch them... it is so much more fun for them that way!:rolleyes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
My question is: Do UFO's need any mesquite firewood?

Perhaps the bigger question, Pompano, if this... if they need mesquite firewood, will they be willing to chop it up? I've traveled with 'em before, and there's not room inside the ship unless the wood is neatly cut and stacked.:smug:

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 10:08 AM

I think the non-alien object that some of you are seeing is the disintegrating comet that has been in the sky for some time now. We saw it very clearly in Anza Borrego in late November. Maybe it is still around.

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 10:19 AM

Phil S--you may have been seeing the star Sirius, a blue star, but it changed colors because it was affected by the lower atmosphere refractions.

When I was in high school I took it upon myself to learn the constellations so I'd get up on the roof at night to figure them out. One night a green light came across the sky in a straight line--too fast for a plane but too slow for a meteor. It slowed down after crossing about half the sky and dimmed, proportionally, as it came to a complete stop. Then about a second later it took off again 90 degrees to the initial direction, becoming brighter and brighter as it increased its speed and went beyond the horizon out of site. No booze or pot or anything! A few years ago one of my friends said he saw the same thing while camping in the San Pedro Martir. Who knows what it was but still can't explain it.
DrTom
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 10:58 AM

never been a ufo sighting on a university campus
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 11:24 AM

Of course this photo isn't what we saw that night late in the mountains near Catavina but we saw something very bright and very out of place up there!

catavina_ufo.jpg - 36kB

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 12:06 PM

Satellites don`t have colored lights!!!!!
No you don`t see the green lights from the station, there are none!!
When you see a satellite, you are seeing reflected sunlight, so only when the sun shines green will the space station look green!!
That is why in the middle of the night, the satellites disappear, to reappear near dawn!!
But there is a meteor shower tonight!!
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 12:07 PM

Saw six of 'em on a bright sunny day. Wasn't drinking or on any medication. Light colored oval objects at at least 30,000 feet. :O:O
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 01:11 PM

mtn goat has a reasonable explanation for my event.

nanuu nanuu.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 04:30 PM

We have quite a few satelites in the evening for the first hour of dark in below San Felipe.

I've seen the flash too, it looks like when a car's windshield reflects the sun, just for a moment.

But then you never know...

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
MrsFDT
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 05:32 PM
I know this didnt happen in Baja

but it is UFO related. I cant say I believe in UFO's but also cant say I disbelieve. It's one of those things without a solid base either way.

I have seen one in broad daylight in the mountains of Kentucky. I was a child, about 10 or 11 years old and yes I lived in a trailor park...

I was walking to the store to get a pop, it was late summer on the road in front of the trailor park, when i caught something shimmery out of the corner of my eye. It was a small silver oval in the sky above the hill behind the trailor park.

It had lights, cant remember what colors but they alternated on and off. Normally I would have dismessed as a plane flying over but it stopped in mid air. After a second it began flying like a fly, is the best I can discribe it. Like flies do on lazy summer afternoons. Up, down, over up again.... There was no sound. I watched it for about a minute when it stopped again, hovered for a second or two, then it zipped out of sight within a split second from start to finish. A strait silent line, out of sight.

But just as it was dawning on me that I might have seen a real live UFO, the silence was broken by a boom then the sound of a plane, maybe 30 seconds after the thing disappeared. It wasnt 1, but a formation of 4 jets and they came from the same direction as the ufo had.

They were flying really fast, but no where near as fast as the other thing.:lol::lol::lol: I then though it was a UFO having some fun, playing "catch me if you can" It was pitiful, the differance in speed.

Then I remembered what my dad had said about Roswell and government conspirecies during camp stories. When my dad got home I excitedly told him all about it, then I got in trouble for making up stories.:no: So it's been resting in my head and has only come out for the kids enjoyment.

Gosh I dont even know if Ive told FDT this. lol, well I guess he'll read it now.:lol:

Anyway I thought I would share that.
As an adult now, though Im still on the fence about it because it is a memory of my 11 year old self and I havent ever seen anything like that since or heard similer story's of UFO tag. So I guess you decide

Following FDT wherever the Baja wind takes him.... That is, if its going in the same direction I am.
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 05:50 PM
As for Me

Assigned several times for training at the Nevada Test Site. I can neither confirm nor deny. I can only say, Capt. Mike, we're not alone:cool: ;D;);D;)
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.