Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Loreto need planes
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 07:25 AM
Loreto need planes

If people can't get to loreto with their wallets they can't help get the local economy going . :tumble:

Give me a good deal on a ticket and i'll come down and spend some cash . Used to fly to cozumel for 200 us round trip from denver , always spent close to a 1000 for diving ,hotel , food ,cab , etc.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150772-i879-k3335541-G...

Free flights from L.A ? :bounce:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 08:33 AM

join BBP for $50 a year. there are MANY non pilots who join just to get ride shares.
happens all the time, 4000 members going to baja and mexico frequently - i e - several trips a year.
i have helped many hook up ride shares there and they all say the $50 bucks already paid for itself splitting gas to XXXXX and skipping the airline shoe and bag dance...:barf:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
jodiego
Nomad

Mood: ever hopeful

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 08:38 AM

OK Captain Mike. What is BBP and how do you join?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 08:45 AM

www.bajabushpilots.com

the LARGEST association and lobby for Mexican flying enthusiasts since the 60's.
even has Mexican nationals as members

2 sections - one public with lots of free very COOL stuff.

one for members only with MORE COOLER stuff...and the discussion forums open to members only, weeds out all the nincompoops who aren't willing to spend less than $5 a month to participate!! :lol::lol::lol:
that's like one starbucks grande vente goochie poochie latte karatay!:rolleyes:

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

ligui
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 09:22 AM

Thanks Mike , as i go down by myself most of the time that looks like a great new adventure . I 'll be looking into it .:bounce:

Was leading to the Govt. in mexico would help with the cost of planes to bring down the ticket price . They are spending alot to make loreto a nice place to come visit , how about alittle help to get there .
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
If people can't get to loreto with their wallets they can't help get the local economy going . :tumble:

Give me a good deal on a ticket and i'll come down and spend some cash . Used to fly to cozumel for 200 us round trip from denver , always spent close to a 1000 for diving ,hotel , food ,cab , etc.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150772-i879-k3335541-G...

Free flights from L.A ? :bounce:

You have got the cause and effect backwards .....

There is no service because the airlines were flying half empty ....

airmech
Nomad

Mood: Expeditionary

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 01:11 PM

We could do charter flights to anywhere/anytime if it weren't so expensive and difficult to deal with the Mexico authorities. bg

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute.

— George Bernard Shaw
ligui
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 01:21 PM

Hello Ron , I know why the planes have been cut back , they are flying half full . I think everyone knows that .

Have you ever been to a marketing class ? Las vegas ? Cheap fares bring wallets .
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 01:22 PM

CaboRon is right about that, but maybe it was a stretch to say half-empty. It was only a few years ago that at least three US airlines were flying there. It also raises the cause and effect issue when one considers the Villa Group project at Ensenada Blanca. They're gonna have loads of time share rooms to peddle, and it's awfully difficult to sell sight (and site) unseen.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 02:04 PM

Half full is not acccurate at all for the month of March and most of April. You can not buy, beg, or steal a ticket until almost the end of April. So they were full, but it sure didn't bring the price down a centavo.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 02:12 PM

Why would they lower their price if they can run full at full fare? Also note that they are even flying smaller planes than they used to. There's a big difference between three airlines flying 120 seat planes to Loreto every day, and one airline flying 1000 seat plane 3-4 times a week. What with high fuel prices, continuing operating losses, I don't see the business model changing anytime soon where fares will be bargains.

For an example, keep an eye on the fares from LAX to SJD. The bean counters will release a bunch of seats on a few selected flights at bargain fares only when it becomes apparent that the plane is not going to fly full. So, while usual price on that route hovers around $375, I've seen it as high as $600 and as low as $270. But remember, many airlines and many seats flying that route.
ligui
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 02:46 PM

Look Guys , i'm saying , there are only acouple of planes , most of the time half full because of the high price , yes at high season they will be full.

When loreto bay was trying to sell their lots they helped pay for the planes to come down . Cheap airfare and lots of more planes , and more walletes.
ligui
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 02:50 PM

Isn't this fun ?:bounce::biggrin:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 03:31 PM

:lol:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 03:51 PM

Be careful what you wish for, more flights mean more people, some of us came to Baja because there were few people, and would like to see it stay that way.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 03:58 PM

It's the Hobsen's choice for Loreto. Very likely Villa Group will do something to subsidize fares. However, from everything I've read, and from the folks I've talked to in Loreto, maybe a little bit more tourism is ok, but alot not so ok. I'm reminded of a number of posts I've read from folks living in Mulege. A primary reason for them being there is the isolation. So, it kinda looks to me like it's a gringo v. chamber of commerce fight in Loreto. If I had a business in Loreto, I'd want the most traffic I could get. If I was an ex-pat seeking tranquility, just the opposite.
ligui
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 06:40 PM

Bajahowodd , bulls-eye :spingrin:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 06:48 PM

"one airline flying 1000 seat plane "

is that the new Boeing 797 i heard tell about???
jeeze... by the time they get everyone on board and seated you could damn near drive there.:wow::?::?:

Airmech.....i think we have it figured out pardner....;)

ligui
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 06:53 PM

Baggage charge would pay for the gas .............:tumble:
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
"one airline flying 1000 seat plane "

is that the new Boeing 797 i heard tell about???
jeeze... by the time they get everyone on board and seated you could damn near drive there.:wow::?::?:

Airmech.....i think we have it figured out pardner....;)

That equipment would require a seven thousand foot landing strip :lol::lol:

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.