Pages:  1    3  ..  9
Author: Subject: Request for current reports of Mordida in Ciudad Constitution
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 04:20 PM
Request for current reports of Mordida in Ciudad Constitution

I just received this email from ACS, Tijuana

Dear Sir,

Thank you for informing the consulate about these incidents occurring in Ciudad Constitution. We would be able to reach out to the local government, but would require more information. Would you be able to supply data on specific incidents that have occurred in the last week, especially the date, time, and location?

American Citizen Services

US Consulate General Tijuana

ACSTijuana@state.gov

SBU

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Please send your accounts of recent cases of police extortion in Ciudad Constitution to

ACS, Tijuana

ACSTijuana@state.gov

Please also U2U a copy of your email to me at my U2U box.

Thank you, we are being heard now and it is time to ACT.

Iflyfish

edited to provide appology for multiple posts but this is important information for those who may not have been following the other threads. thank you for your patience and consideration. We may be getting some where and people want to know what to do.

[Edited on 7-6-2010 by Iflyfish]
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 04:36 PM

It will be interesting to see what this leads to.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 09:55 PM

One person has already sent their report on their experience of police extortion to ACS.

This is a begining. We have found an agency willing to address this. We have more clout than we did a day ago. Send more reports now!!

I hope others will do this so they have a number of reports to substantiate their involvement in this matter. This is a US agency so they are very likely to do what they can to address this.

Now is the time to send them your report of what happened to you in Ciudad Constitution. We need to let them know that this is not an isolated incident. Please act now.

Send your report to ACSTijuana@state.gov and title it Police Extortion in Ciudad Constitution. be as specific as possible.

Please send me a U2U also. I will keep your confidence if you wish, it is not necessary to U2U me, if you do then I can share with Nomads that another report has been sent. There is strength in numbers.

Tag, you are it! We need more reports NOW!!

Lets stop this police extortion in Ciudad Constitution.

Nomads donate money, time and effort to help the people of Baja, now is the time to help other Nomads deal with this very real issue.

Thanks,

Iflyfish
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 06:24 AM

Bump
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 07:43 AM

flyfish:

Do you not realize that this kind of thing happens all over Baja and mainland Mexico??
It is a national way of the Polkiceman getting Paid with out having to go through collecting Taxes!!
Please send me the Identification of the vehicle you will be in on your next trip.
I am contacting my friends in Constitution, which includes the Mayor, and

warning them of your interferance!!!.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 07:49 AM

Now you've done it, Rick. You've gone and got Skeet all peed-off. You and your efforts are doomed. Polkicemen all over the place. :biggrin:
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
flyfish:

Do you not realize that this kind of thing happens all over Baja and mainland Mexico??
It is a national way of the Polkiceman getting Paid with out having to go through collecting Taxes!!
Please send me the Identification of the vehicle you will be in on your next trip.
I am contacting my friends in Constitution, which includes the Mayor, and

warning them of your interferance!!!.

I say...good on iflyfish. my comments on those of you who want to sit by and feel superior and worldlier than thou 'that's the way it is' (you ignorant foolish children)' can be found on the other CC threads.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 08:18 AM

transit"
Reason I have friends in Constitution:

In 1992 my wife became ill while we were living in Loreto. Took her to the General hospital in Constitution where she was diaginosed with Perinitous and given 4 Hours to Live!
Dr. Morales operated on a Sunday Afternoon and saved her life. Later we became friends with many of the people of Constitution and set up the "Warm Jackets for Cold Kids" Charity.

Baja belongs to the Mesicanos, not the Dumb Ass Americanos who think they can change every thing to their own way!!
Get A Life!!
Get some Morals, Such as Honesty and Integerity;

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 08:23 AM

Good goin', RT. Now you have him whipped to a frenzy. I've seen it before and it ain't a pretty sight.
Does anybody out there have a tranquilizer gun? :lol::lol:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 08:40 AM

"Get some Morals, Such as Honesty and Integerity"

Would be nice if that applied to everyone regardless of citizenship.
In the old days, a $10 hit now and then might be considered part of the culture. But a blatant, organized system of extortion perpetrated on gringos in the manner that has been reported, apparently involving most of the local police force, is criminal action - not a cute story to tell about "what I did on my vacation."
Your experience is part of the good 'ole days.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 08:52 AM

Wildone.

"involving most of the Police Dept" is not a true statement and should be so noted.

I have many Friends in Constitution, and know a lot of the important p[eople in the City Govt. It is a group of very hard working individuals and from some of their Words and actions they are not in the least interested in your Tourists Dollars as you speed through their Town..

I suggest that if you are traveling that way to turn off at Fresno go the back way around Constitution. It is an interesting drive.

Wildone: When are you Youngsters going to Learn that People are Different and many prefer to stay "Different' than other people of the World.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 09:34 AM

Thank you Skeet/Loreto, I appreciate the wisdom of your experience and hope you will tell your friends to read these stupid threads, viewed by Nomads over 10,000 times, on how the police in Ciudad Constitution are extorting money from US Citizens who are traveling on the ONLY Federal Highway between Baja N and Baja S and on how they are losing thousands of pesos each day this continues.

I appreciate your concern about your fellow Nomads and their safety.

In my 48 years of traveling all over the Republic of Mexico I have never had available to me the collective power of the internet nor the wonderful help of my amigos, the Baja Nomads! For this I am grateful.

I also hope you will send a copy of your post to ACS, ACSTijuana@state.gov
who I am certain will appreciate your sentiments supporting this criminal activity.

There are now three people who have told me they are sending their reports to

American Citizen Services

ACSTijuana@state.gov

Please send reports of your experience with police extortion to ACS, we need your emails now! If you have had friends experience this harrassment I hope you will also encourage them to send emails to the above address. If you are on other message boards I encourage you to also share this campaign with them.

Thank you for your efforts.

Iflyfish
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 10:06 AM

flyfish: Is it not great that 2 people can disagree??

Constitution is a very special place to me because of my experience in getting to know its History and the great People who have become friends.

Fish, I know you like Baja as I do but your efforts aganist Criminal Activities should be in the Country where you are a Citizen,

I urge anyone going through Constitution to avoid going through on the main Road, there are good roads around the South End just below the Prison.
Another thing good about Constitution is it's excellent Health Care and Medical Facilites-3 Hospitals- their very good care of the Children in the
Area.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 10:19 AM

For those who enjoy good food, at the second light right down down there is a good Taco Stand, alled Tonys that has some very good Fish Tacos.

Also a trip over to the Public Market is interesting. Lots of small shops around the Square with lots of different things..

As you get through the Main street, on the right is a Bancomer and across the street is another Great Taco Stand operated by two women and one of the girls working there has a Great Set of Boobs!!
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 10:20 AM

Skeet.
Oh thee, of high morals and integrity and apparent superior intellect, (although you would never know it by your prose) why don't you do all Nomads a favor and contact "all" those friends, including the mayor, and make them aware of the situation. Would do a lot more good then pontificating about your wonderful time in this Bakersfield of the south.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 10:39 AM

Three reports of extortion by police in Ciudad Constitution now sent to

ACSTijuana@state.gov.

Keep 'em coming

vandenberg
Thank you for your thoughtful post. I hope that Skeet will indeed tell his friends in this town how tourists are being freightened away and thousands of pesos are lost each day to these great local businesses he is telling us about.

One never knows when the right word in the right place might have some real impact. We are all Nomads and do wonderful things for the people of Baja and for our fellow Nomads. There is power in our collective knowledge and experience.

Report you experience with the illegal police extortion of US Citizens in Ciudad Constitution on the only Federal Highway we have to get from Baja Norte to Baja Sur. Ask your friends to do the same. Post this request on other sites you belong to. Find ways to let others know about this violation of Mexican Law and subversion of the Federal Government's attempts to stop this sort of self defeating behavior that is costing Mexico Millions of Pesos per year.

ACSTijuana@state.gov.

Iflyfish
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
one of the girls working there has a Great Set of Boobs!!

Well, there you are, folks. This is where your scope of concern should be, on the important issues in life.
Forget extortion..Forget crime...Forget everything other than this world record rack in a taco shop.
Thanks, Skeet, for turning on the lights. We all see better for your guidance. :light:
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 11:04 AM

Hey guys!! Let's lighten it up a bit. Either somebody "get a rope" or Skeet, how about posting some pictures of those GREAT TACOS :bounce::lol::bounce:

[Edited on 7-7-10 by KASHEYDOG]

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 11:57 AM

video, video, video. Mexico is addicted to YouTube videos at all levels of media and gov't. They even use YouTube for internal video communications because it's easy to use and free. IMHO transparency is exactly what the corrupt fear most- and nothing is more transparent than a video. Mexicans never believe what they hear- but they will watch and believe what they can see with their own eyes. I've had success with PROFEPA by using a YouTube video put out in the local media.

Get one of these on eBay, make your case on video, and then run for your life...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Covert-Spy-Hat-Camera-Recorder-Audio-Vid...

[Edited on 7-7-2010 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 12:30 PM

"Fish, I know you like Baja as I do but your efforts against Criminal Activities should be in the Country where you are a Citizen"

HMMM. So if I just got robbed at gunpoint - in Canada - where I frequently travel. According to the above comment, I should just shrug it off because I'm not a citizen? This is a stupid argument fueled way more by emotion that logic. Mexico as a whole can only benefit if groups, gringo or mexicano, organize and bring injustices out from under the shadows. There is no downside to this, unless of course you're on the take....

yuletide
 Pages:  1    3  ..  9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.