BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: BajaCactus, Baja Movie, Baja Meal, AUG. 22: "The Baja Cactus Cultural Fiesta"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

thumbup.gif posted on 7-27-2004 at 10:21 PM
BajaCactus, Baja Movie, Baja Meal, AUG. 22: "The Baja Cactus Cultural Fiesta"

This is the first announcement of a get together in Tijuana on Sunday August 22, 2004, that we discussed at the recent meeting at JR's.

BajaCactus (Antonio) would like to meet more Nomads and other Baja loving people. He will arrange a private theatre or other location to show the movie 'BAJO CALIFORNIA....' (update, a second Omnimax film on the Sea of Cortez as well), (update, a private guided tour of the Tijuana Cultural Center's Baja exhibit will be provided)...

Next, we have a special treat... Antonio has spoken with the famous PALMAZUL restaurant to have a room for us...

Meet BajaCactus, meet other Baja Nomads, see a great Baja movie, have a great Baja meal.

Antonio will provide details as they become known. We have just finished chatting this, and he asked me to to make the initial announcement. All Baja loving people are invited. The movie showing will be Antonio's treat and Palmazul's menu and cost will be posted by Antonio, soon.

With nearly 4 weeks notice, I hope that everyone who wants to join Antonio will be able to!

Thank you Antonio... this will be great!!!:yes::yes::yes:

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2004 at 07:43 AM
Great Day, wish I could come

David. Sounds like a really great day, and I would really love to meet Antonio and other wild and crazy people who post on the board, but since I am heading to Argentina in September I won't be able to make this one. I am still planning to come to Baja California in October, and perhaps I could get together with you, Antonio, and some of the gang then. I am off today for a short trip and long drive, and will be back on the 1st or 2nd of August.
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2004 at 09:29 AM

Sounds terrific I will be there if at all possible!
rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2004 at 09:44 AM
I could plan my trip around it

Tentatively planning a baja trip this August. I'm getting interference from work and family needs. Dates are slipping to the back of August. It'd be nice to have an event to shoot for beyond me just tripping around baja.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2004 at 10:42 AM

Sounds great - sure wish we could make it but it comes in the middle of out anual "visit to the old country" which has been planned for a while. But the next one----

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2004 at 06:23 PM
Wow... we better take reservations!

Less than 24 hours since posting the date (a month away), people I emailed the invitation to have been jumping at the idea. 20 already said they want to attend. If we only have room for 70, and it's still a month away, Antonio suggests we make a list. Even though we each are paying for our own meals, Palmazul needs a head count a few days before our party.
Please RSVP to info*at*vivabaja.com (change *at* to @) with the number in your group. Use: Bajacactus RSVP in the subject line. Since I have done this type of event before, I am helping Antonio with the guest list.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2004 at 08:04 PM

It just keeps geting better... The management of the Tijuana Cutural Center (where we may be seeing BAJO CALIFORNIA), may be providing a special viewing of the museum's Baja California exibits... This may become 'Tijuana welcomes the Baja Nomads'! Stay tuned...

[Edited on 7-30-2004 by David K]

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 7-28-2004 at 10:18 PM
Hi...

Thank you very much David for helping out with all the posts and e-mails...you are a true friend...:D

I was very busy during the day and I could not post until now...

Now... about our gahthering... EVERYONE is invited to our reunion...no one is excluded.... the point is to enjoy as much as we can each other company, talk about Baja, watch a movie, enjoy a great meal and most important....have a GREAT TIME!!!:D

I am trying to get a small movie theater CECUT (the big sphere right next to Plaza Rio), has besides the museum...they can fit around 60 people there, but if we have more people coming, they have other options...

I already spoke with the Director of CECUT and he is very happy that we have considered them.... they also offered some other great stuff for the group... I am having a reunion with them this friday... as soon as I have the details and specifics I will post them here...(David already gave you a glimse of them...:D)

About Palma Azul... they do have excellent food and the restaurant's main theme is Baja California....

I am meeting the owner of the restaurant tomorrow to get you some idea of their menu and also to work out some of the specifics about our reunion.....

We will need to know in advanced how many of us are attending to make sure there is room for everyone, David has offered his help to keep a record of the guest list... thanks David....:D

We are going to have a GREAT TIME!!.......JOIN US!!!

I will post more details as soon as I have them....

Antonio M.

[Edited on 7-29-2004 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2004 at 07:23 AM
August 22

Antonio (and David),

What a great idea! Please add myself and my wife, Mary Kay, to the confirmed list of those attending. Nice to have this happen while we are home in the USA. The only problem is driving from the Central Coast thru LA.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2004 at 02:22 PM

I will let you know in a couple of days, we where planning a vacation to Vancouver Island by the middle of August, but we are trying to work things out.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2004 at 07:22 AM

Jesse, that you would alter plans of a trip to Canada to be in Tijuana for this get-together is very admirable! I hope it works out that you can do both, and we will see you again, in Tijuana.

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2004 at 03:43 PM
Ok....

The video place at Cecut is almost a done deal....they have room for 70 people there... so I guess that will have to be our maximum group size...

I am also trying to get for all of you a special feature presentation... in english... of the Omnimax movie "Oasis Marino".... this is a very good short film about the life in the coasts and rifs of the Gulf of Cortez....it is really great....!!!

And already got you a private guided tour... in english also....in the Museum of the Californias... they feature the missions of california and some of the artifacts used by the early Baja settlements, among other things.

So... we now have Bajo California movie.... "Oasis Marino" (Omnimax movie) and the Museum tour... all a BajaCactus treat only for your enjoyment.... I just need to work out the timing and scheduled with Cecut management.....

I will post more details on this as soon as I have them.....

[Edited on 7-30-2004 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 7-30-2004 at 06:07 PM
Hi David and Antonio

Mike and I are going to be there. Can't wait sounds great. k:spingrin::tumble::yes::bounce:
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 7-30-2004 at 11:27 PM
Palma Azul...

I got a great deal for us with the owners of Palma Azul...!!!

1.- They will receive us with an exclusive guided tour of their instalations and explanations (in english) of the Baja art they have in their restaurant.

2.- After that, they will give us a space by the garden area, with a complimentary glass of wine for everyone.

3.- And most importantly...they will prepare a very, very special menu only for us... and they will have their master chef prepare it on that day...

Palma Azul told me they will work on this special menu in the next couple of days and they will give it to me, along with the prices for me to post here.

You should know Palma Azul is one of the most exclusive restaurants in Tijuana, so, this will be a very special ocassion to know them and enjoy their Baja California meal....

I will post more details as they become available....

So many people have registered already!!... and we are still 3 weeks away....WOW!!!....

DavidK has been doing a GREAT job in letting people know about this gathering...thanks David!!!....:D

[Edited on 7-31-2004 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
David K
Honored Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 7-31-2004 at 11:30 PM
If you miss this event, don't say you weren't informed!

Here at my Oceanside CA home tonight (Sat.) I had two guests... Debra just returned from Bahia de los Angeles and Antonio (BajaCactus) drove up from Tijuana. Antonio brought my new 'got baja?' stickers (as seen on my web site home page and notebook) and business cards (from his printing company) and the latest details on the Aug. 22 get-together.

The event will be called the "Baja Cactus Cultural Fiesta" and will feature: an Omnimax film on Baja's marine life, snacks and Mexican candies, a guided tour of the Baja California museum, more yummy treats, and a private viewing of the film Bajo California at the Tijuana Cultural Center (all provided by Antonio). Then those who wish and RSVP'd will continue to Palmazul (Palma Azul), perhaps the finest restaurant in Tijuana, get a tour of the Baja exhibits there, enjoy a complementary glass of wine, and have a special meal prepared by the master chef served in their Garden Room... Antonio will post the price when it is known...

There will be even more surprises... But, I cannot mention them here until they are confirmed! Just make Aug. 22 happen and RSVP soon (70 is the max.) to: info*at*vivabaja.com

Tonight, Antonio got to see El Camote's Matomi Movie and the Lost Mission Hunt Preview which featured many of you Nomads just loving Baja. He was most interested in what is it about Baja that has Debra drive 1,000 miles (from near Seattle) just to reach the border of Baja.

He wants to make his Baja Cactus motel and El Rosario Pemex the most welcome and friendly places for visitors to use. Suggestions are welcomed and his email is posted in the membership information section here on Nomad.

Well, Antonio will share details as they become available...

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by David K]

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2004 at 01:42 AM

The Matomi movie was great, you can really see everyone had a wonderful time.... It was also very well edited..... thanks David.

My time with Debra and David was short, but it was very well worth it, we talked about Baja, family, history, adventures in Baja, memories....I enjoyed it very much....:D

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
whodat54321
Nomad

Mood: trying new stuf

[*] posted on 8-1-2004 at 03:05 PM

this is something I can't pass up.

hope there's still room for me....:)
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2004 at 05:50 PM

Right now (Sun. 8-1), there is plenty of room. Just RSVP as instructed above and your name will be added. 70 people is the max for the theatre. We will have fun meeting and seeing and eating!

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2004 at 08:33 PM
Satellite pictures....!!!!

Things are getting better and better regarding our little get together....!!!

As soon as Arman (Satellite Man) heard of the event, he not only reserved a space for himself and his girlfriend.... he also was kind enough to donate two of those spectacular satellite printouts of Baja: http://www.wvvinc.com/Baja_1.htm#Baja California
and also two certificates for any printouts: http://www.wvvinc.com/

These four excellent prints are 2 feet wide by 3 feet tall..... and will be raffle on the event.....GREAT SOUVENIRS TO TAKE HOME!!!:bounce:

Satellite Man.... any additional info you wish to add on this...???

Thanks a lot Satellite Man.... !!!!:D

:bounce::tumble::spingrin::bounce::tumble::spingrin:

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 8-3-2004 at 07:40 AM
I WANT TO GO!!!!!

I am getting another hip surgery tomorrow. Yes, after 5 dislocations in 2 weeks, my ortho decided the new femeral head he gave me may not be a good fit. Pulling it all out and starting fresh. At least I'm now on a first name basis with all our local emegency crews and after the 3rd call involving a shreiking banshee they all now just come right to my house. Sigh. I am sure I will be up and mobile by the 22nd, and left to my own devices I WILL be there, however, I married this big guy 5 years ago that may have a say in my life. I will keep following the board after I get out of the hospital and hope #1 there is still room, and #2 that BHL will let me go. Hugs to all, M
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.