BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6
Author: Subject: Where were you in 1975?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 04:38 PM
Where were you in 1975?

Was Baja a part of your life in 1975?? I was living in Connecticut at the time...and attending college in the late 70's,,,there was a place called Texas Tacos, and I ate there every night after my class at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, CT...this was my first introduction to Tex Mex food and Mexico proper....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 04:42 PM

I was a bartender in San Juan Capistrano. Opened the Capistrano Depot, Cinco De Mayo, 1975.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 04:44 PM
My parents had me hooked...

Beginning with my infancy in the late '60s, I was pushed across the border in a baby stroller. By 1975, I was able to run up and down the beaches of Rosarito with my two Brothers, Dog, while my Father toiled away at his MA and Mom held down the tent trailer. Everything is documented in the family albums.

tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 04:45 PM

I was renting a house a block from the Hotel California in Todos Santos.

Certainty is the child of ignorance, knowledge is the mother of doubt. Question everything!

http://bcsbirds.com
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 04:59 PM
Baja Was Not Part of My Life in 1975

I was living in Ventura county yon the beach at Hollywood by the Sea (That's the real name.) and was the first woman hired as an Outside Advertising Sales Executive for the Oxnard Press-Courier.

Baja was earlier with my family and then came back into my life later.

[Edited on 10-19-2011 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 05:04 PM

I was living in Loreto {Part Time) with Tio Don O'Neil building a fence around the Property to be known as Rancho Sonrisa working in Fresno Calif as a Snap-On Tool Dealer for Los Banos, Dos Palos, and Chowcholla Calif.
O.G.
Nomad

Mood: waiting for the green flash

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 05:08 PM

Ahhh... 1975...

I was also bartending to pay the rent while attending U.C.Berkeley. You know, I also sailed a styrafoam sailboat with "KOOL" on the lateen sail (a marketing gimmic from Kool cigarettes) in the Bay. That is about the only connection to BAJA... .
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 05:15 PM

Spent plenty of weekends in BN and a week at a major surf spot in BCS. That fall hitchhiked to Main and back. Spent New Years at another major surf spot just north of the 28th. Thanks for taking me back, GOOD TIMES.
MMc

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

estebanis
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 05:30 PM
Scuba Diving Punta Banda

There was a campground on the bluff around half way out the point. Had some great dives there with lot's of Moray eels...
Had my Sperry Topsiders shined by one of those guys on the steet downtown. Looked down and they had gone from the natural light color to Huarache Orange. My buddies tore me up laughing and on the way home it continued on the CB radio. They really laughed when they saw them on the road driving ahead of them on the way home after I tossed 'em out the window...:lol:
Esteban
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 05:36 PM

Was teaching down south and fishing the Northern Gulf of Mexico. Good fishing, bad job.:P
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 05:42 PM

first year of college at UCSD

first trip to TJ and a couple trips to Rosarito.

in 1987, we took a triip to San Felipe.

over the next years - trips to Tj for dentist, Ensenada for lunches

then in 2006, we moved to La Bocana....our paradise. Loving life since !!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 05:52 PM

I believe I was living in Barnwell South Carolina. Two years old. Many moons and sunrises from Baja.
Kalypso
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 06:00 PM

I was a junior at San Diego State, but being a native San Diegan I made several (though not routine) trips SOB growing up. Mostly we went to Ensenada because one of my dad's clients had a fishing boat and would dock there. We usually drove down and met him.

In 1980, or maybe it was' 81, I started dating a guy that was part owner of a funky beach house in Cantamar. When we broke up I missed the house but not him and made a few more trips SOB but then started traveling to the mainland. But now I'm back and Baja feels like a look lost friend :D
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 06:11 PM

I was hitting the beaches around Rosarito....K-39, K-42, Rauls, K-55 (a left!) 3 mmm's....and hearing stories of far off more exotic spots.....K-181 and Cuatro Casas.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 06:32 PM

My third or fourth wife and I were catching waaay too many dorado in Loreto, Mulege, Los Barriles. I think I died for a short time in 75 from Gusano Rojo and lovemakeing.

I have no real solid evidence of the event but a definite "Feeling".
akbear
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 06:33 PM

1975 was the 1st year working on the Trans Alaska Pipeline in Valdez. Also the 1st year of 32yrs of being a Boilermaker. Now I'm living the good life in Buena Vista, BCS.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 06:38 PM

I was being born in 1975.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 06:47 PM

I had visited Baja since 1966

But in 1975 I had left Haight Ashbury district (San Francisco) for spending several months in Alaska.:yes:

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 06:48 PM

High school in Placentia, Ca., first surf trip to K-55 in July. 10 kids and two YMCA twenty year old "counselors". :rolleyes:Marine Corps a year later, where I learned all the "intimate" details of TJ, as a crazy 17 year-old.:O Now married to Dra. Bajabass and kickin' it in La Paz!:biggrin:

Keep your eyes on the road, and your hands upon the wheel!
Tano
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 07:02 PM

Oddly enough, in 1975 I found something at a swap meet that was published by a company from Danbury, CT--Grolier--that had a great influence in my life. Recently, I have been doing some research on it, trying to find out something about its origins, but the company that took over Grolier, Scolastic, has been completely uncooperative.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.