BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  8
Author: Subject: Try Ordering Fuel By The Liter
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 01:42 PM
Try Ordering Fuel By The Liter

When my tank is low I'll pull into a gasolinera and order more than enough fuel stating liters, I don't even have to be close, just order more then the tank will hold. Dead dry my tank holds 16 gallons. So at a quarter of a tank I'll order 16 liters.

Surprise! My fuel economy "jumped" almost ten percent. More kilometers per liter.

Be sorta neat to see others do the same. The pumps must be accurate when dispensing by product quantity rather than peso amount, to keep PROFECO off their butt.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 01:44 PM

ORDER SIXTY LITERS
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 01:46 PM

Does this make sense to anybody else.:?::?::P:P:biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 02:04 PM

:no::no::no: If this makes sense you should put moth balls in your tank and get double the mileage!!!

[Edited on 11-22-2011 by comitan]

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 02:05 PM

Wouldnt it be easier to learn gallon to leader conversion.:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
:no::no::no: If this makes sense you should put moth balls in your tank and get double the mileage!!!

[Edited on 11-22-2011 by comitan]

I tried that one on my Tahoe and ended up selling it way cheap because no one could figure out what was wrong with it.
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
When my tank is low I'll pull into a gasolinera and order more than enough fuel stating liters, I don't even have to be close, just order more then the tank will hold. Dead dry my tank holds 16 gallons. So at a quarter of a tank I'll order 16 liters.

Surprise! My fuel economy "jumped" almost ten percent. More kilometers per liter.

Be sorta neat to see others do the same. The pumps must be accurate when dispensing by product quantity rather than peso amount, to keep PROFECO off their butt.

Until they figure out how to rig the pumps to indicate the amount of liters that you ask for.

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg

yeah- but the station will still put 12 liters in a ten liter container.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 02:46 PM

you do realize a 10 ltr gas container WILL hold 12 liters dont you

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
Wouldnt it be easier to learn gallon to leader conversion.:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Gallon to WHAT ???

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TheColoradoDude
Nomad

Mood: Paz, Amor, y Tacos de Pescado

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 03:20 PM

I was told recently here in San Carlos Sonora to always buy gas by the liter and not by peso amount. So I understand what you are saying in your first post.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
ORDER SIXTY LITERS

For the metric challanged, that's almost 16 gallons (15.85).

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

Gallon to WHAT ???

Got me there David in Texas they taught me to count.Spelling not so good.:lol::lol::lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg

What Dah-veed is saying (I guess) is that somehow the pump meter for liters is not tied to the meter for pesos...

So, if you ask for '60 liters' and the price is 9 pesos per liter, you will get 60 liters and pay 540 pesos ($41.53 at 13 to 1).

BUT, if you ask for '540 pesos'... you are going to get only 54 liters (10% less) or whatever under the correct amount.

------------------------------------------------------------------- :?:

How does the operator or pump seperate the two based on how you ask (volume vs. cost)???

bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 03:33 PM

In line with the origional post, the most accurate order is in units of 20 liters. Plain and simple, 20, 40, 60 liters etc. The liter button depressed on the pump, pump computer switches to complient measurement as opposed to free market with the cash button depressed. Been discussed here before.

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

Gallon to WHAT ???

Got me there David in Texas they taught me to count.Spelling not so good.:lol::lol::lol:

LOL... Looks like you have a spell checker on there and it didn't like 'liter'! :yes: Have a happy turkey day!

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 03:36 PM

i'll go tomorrow and ask and check...interesting

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 05:29 PM

Sigh.:barf:

Cannot ever remember when I didn't just fill the tank. Aside from keeping an eye on the pump to ensure it started at zero, what else to do?

Not sure exactly how frequently PROFECO actually visits the stations, but at the end of the day, unless someone is buying a container ship load of fuel, what's the big deal?
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2011 at 06:26 PM

Unbelievable! Once the pump has been calibrated it does not matter if you ask for pesos or liters. Wrong is wrong. By the way, I usually ask for 40# leader when fishing for Dorado. Sometimes I want to see the litter before making my selection.

:spingrin::light:
Cielomar
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 02:07 PM

Quote:

Pages:  1    3  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.