Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: MULEGE CHILI COOKOFF
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2012 at 05:40 PM
MULEGE CHILI COOKOFF

The Mulege Chili Contestt will be held March 18th. Everyone is invited to come and do a taste test of all the great chili and drinks. Always a great event!
Like to cook? Entries are available. See JB, Jim C or u2u me.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2012 at 07:29 PM

I need to convince Les to enter - his chili is beyond delicious ..... can you post the time ? gracias.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2012 at 11:42 PM

Starts at 11 and set up is at 9 ( or so). Gives you plenty of time to drive over. Hope you make it , more entries are needed.

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 01:01 AM

What's the cookoff location in Mulege?

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
XRPhlang
Nomad

Mood: Taco me.

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 08:51 AM

Can you change the date to around the end of April?
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 09:56 AM

The location is the town square by the stadium, Albas Market and Scottys El Cantil Restaurant.

XRP -April is Dorado Chili time. :)

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 07:14 PM

I was all set to win that, but my wife is flying in that day, and I am going to Loreto to pick her up.....

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 10:29 PM

Jesus and Brenda asked me "Que es chee-lee?"

Five decades earlier

(Outside of Uvalde Texas...)

Texas Mountie walks to my open window. "Sorry but the road's going to be closed for an hour or so -- they're filming a John Wayne movie (turned out to be Rio Bravo). Why don't you head on over to the fair; they've got a real famous chili contest going".

Guy with a P.A. microphone "Well sir where are you from again? And you drove all this way to come to our chili contest? You didn't? Well what do you think of our Blue Ribbon winner? What's that? Well I don't know about that. Folks our guest from Californya said that real hot seasoning can hide the taste of real bad chile!" Intense murmuring from the crowd... "Gawd damned liberal burro thinks he can come to Texas and tell use how to make gawd damned chili!"

I decided to make tracks...
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 10:33 PM

Burro? Burro? The editor deleted "jackarse"
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 10:41 PM

Burro? Burro? The editor deleted "jackarse"
PlanB

[*] posted on 3-5-2012 at 02:17 PM

Chilli Contest -
Here are the scorecards from last year:
Chili # 1 Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chili
Judge # 1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.
Judge # 2 -- Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
Judge # 3 -- Holy s…., what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These folks are crazy.

Chili # 2 Arthur's Afterburner Chili
Judge # 1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.
Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

Chili # 3 Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili
Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick. Needs more beans
Judge # 2 -- A bean less chili, a bit salty, good use of peppers.
Judge # 3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting plastered from all of the beer.

Chili # 4 Bubba's Black Magic
Judge # 1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
Judge # 2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
Judge # 3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the barmaid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. That 300-lb. damsel is starting to look HOT…. just like this nuclear waste I'm eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?

Chili # 5 Linda's Legal Lip Remover
Judge # 1 -- Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.
Judge # 2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.
Judge # 3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I cannot longer focus my eyes. I broke wind and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really is offensive that the other judges asked me to stop screaming.

Chili # 6 Vera's Very Vegetarian Variety
Judge # 1 -- Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers
Judge # 2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic. Superb.
Judge #3-- I soiled myself when I passed gas and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except Sally. She must be kinkier than I thought. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my rear with a snow cone.

Chili # 7 Susan's Screaming Sensation Chili
Judge # 1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.
Judge # 2 -- Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. I should take note that I am worried about Judge #3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.
Judge # 3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava like poop to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

Chili # 8 Tommy's Toe-Nail Curling Chili
Judge # 1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.
Judge # 2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge # 3 passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor dude, wonder how he'd have reacted to really hot chili?
Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 3-5-2012 at 07:10 PM

That is about the best funniest review I have ever read. Had my laffing til I cried. Wish I could be there this year. Is Judge #3 gonna be there again?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Posada-BushPilot
Nomad

Mood: Baja Brained

[*] posted on 3-8-2012 at 04:01 PM
NEED MORE CHILI COOKERS

We really could use more chilli cooker competitors!!

If you're concerned about cooking on a St Patty's day hangover, just cook it up the day before. Chilli is always better the next day anyway!

So if you're on the fence, just go forit. You'll have a blast and really help out the community thru Rotary.

U2U for questions about rules etc.
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2012 at 05:47 PM

I take it that judge#3 will not be returning this year. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 3-8-2012 at 05:52 PM

Judge #3! :lol:
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2012 at 05:59 PM

Damn that was funny.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Posada-BushPilot
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2012 at 09:03 PM
CAREFUL

What you say about Judge #3. He and Sally are now happily married. Sadly he has been removed from the bench.
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 3-9-2012 at 10:36 AM

This looks like an event that's good enough to eat.........

Sadly, I'll be attending my yearly dose of college basketball....March Madness begins!

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Posada-BushPilot
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2012 at 02:19 PM
THIS JUST CONFIRMED

At the cook off auction there will be a scenic flight to Punta Chivato including lunch

Two nights stay at El Moro in La Paz

And much much more.

WE STILL NEED CHILI COOKERS!!
JB

[*] posted on 3-13-2012 at 08:20 AM

Count me in! Any one want to start a pool on the best chili?
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.