Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Car accident Guerrero Negro
BajaSwe

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 10:54 PM
Car accident Guerrero Negro

Hi,
Long time lurker. Great forum! Am in desperate need of some help right now.
My friend flipped her car right outside of Guerrero Negro today. One of her three boxers ran away when the accident happened and we have not been able to locate him.

If you are in the area and hear something please call me at 619-2087508. My cell phone works in Baja.

Characteristics of the dog:
Boxer 60 lbs.
Missing right front leg.
Fawn colored.
Very shy and skittish. Will probably run away from you.

I'll post a pic in a few...

Thanks!
john
BajaSwe

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 10:59 PM

Also, his name is Auggie and has a green white a yellow stripe collar with tag with contact info.
BajaSwe

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 11:04 PM

I need instructions on how to post pictures. Thanks!
BajaSwe

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 11:10 PM

We will work on flyers tomorrow. Thanks.
goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 11:13 PM

If you want to you can email me photos and I can post them. Check you U2U at the top right corner for my email. Or I copied these instructions from another thread

Well, from any photo hosting web site or from any web site, for that matter... you can hot link the photo to appear right here in a Nomad thread. Many of us here use the free hosting site 'Photobucket.com' However, not everyone has taken a moment to reset the upload size to 800 or less pixels in width, as per this site's max. frame size... So, some photos will stretch the Nomad page wide, off the screen when they are over 800 pixels wide!

Here is a how to:

You can put pictures on Nomad from any other site using the IMG tags on each side of the image url [img] and [/img]. The photo hosting site will usually provide you with a link for direct posting on forums.

HERE is my Photobucket how to:

For Nomads who have been posting too big photos on Nomad... Doug has asked (and those with standard 15" monitors appreciate) to limit the pixel width to a max. of 800.

The sizing is done when you upload photos TO Photobucket from your PC. So, if you didn't do that already... and they are at the full size setting, they will stretch the Nomad pages wide (on normal monitors).

How to resize them with Photobucket, on your album page:

1) Click the red button 'UPLOAD' at the top of the Photobucket page.

2) At the top of the Upload box that appears, see (in small blue text): 'Customize your upload options', and click that.

3) Choose a reduced size. 640x480 is nice for most photos. I usually only go to the 800x600 size for maps for max. detail on Nomad.

4) At the bottom, click 'SAVE'! Thats it!!!

Now, until you change that setting, all photos will be uploaded to Photobucket at whatever reduced size you picked!

To post your photos on Nomad, use your mouse and copy the link called 'IMG Code', below the photo you want to show... and paste it onto Nomad where you type in your text... You can post several photos at a time, but I suggest not more than a dozen, and double space between each photo link. Specially if you add some captions under each photo.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 11:17 PM
helping auggie

get out there and stop and talk to any/everyone and the pemex or store is a good start...dont be shy..get in their face with a pic and $ motovation,,I have never lost a dog myself but have learned how to get the word out with results and that is what she needs/ if you dont speak spanish I would find a gal that does and if she is pretty dosnt hurt!!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 11:19 PM

Attached photos need to be under 50k in size for now. Or you can use a photo hosting site otherwise.

You can also send pics to me and I'll downsize and post - or use an online site to do it such as:

http://www.webresizer.com/resizer/

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaSwe

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 11:41 PM

Thanks everyone! My wife Angelica just emailed BajaNomad a couple of pics. I'll figure out how to post pics myself later. Thanks again
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 11:44 PM

I received one photo in the email... here it is:

photo.JPG - 22kB

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 12:55 AM

Second picture.... Dog on the left.

photo (1b).JPG - 46kB

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 06:53 AM

we shall be in vizcaino and will spread the word. and will also keep an eye out. poor puppy ....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 07:30 AM

"GRAN RECOMPENSA!

"500 PESOS"

[Image of dog]

[celular] XXX-XXXX

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 08:16 AM

how far outside of GN? north or south of it? I ask because there is the Club Vaqueros ranches to the south of GN where she may end up. Let the municipal police know, put a poster up at their headquarters... good luck.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaSwe

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 09:11 AM

Right at the entrance of highway 1 heading south. Some of the cowboys on the ranch helped us search for him yesterday and are on the lookout today.
Archie
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 09:30 AM

Sorry to hear that.

I´ll be working today in the road between GN and Jesus María, i´ll pass the picture to the guys at the Sanidad Vegetal Checkpoint and the people of the Berrendo Camp.

There are two ranchs in the zone far from the main road but i´ll pass the word anyway because theyre coming in and out all day.

Ocasionally strays dogs venture into the local dump or follow the "scent" of the slaughterhouse, i´ll take a look over there on my way out.

[Edited on 7-7-2012 by Archie]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 09:32 AM

A 3 legged dog shouldn't be hard to spot. Sounds like they were just south of the Y Intersection (entrance road to Guerrero Negro).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
and how the hell do you get in a car wreck there??LOTS of room and openness..

Easy to do around there. On both sides of GN there are lots of places where the road is very narrow and there is no shoulder and enough of a drop off, that if one drops a wheel, it is easy to roll a vehicle. It happens. It is why everyone is so happy that they are adding shoulders in many areas --- some places they have just pushed the dirt up to make a shoulder and it makes a real difference.

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
"GRAN RECOMPENSA!

"500 PESOS"

[Image of dog]

[celular] XXX-XXXX

Yes, and lots of copies posted everywhere. Are you still in Guerrero Negro? And by the way, I hope you and your other dogs are OK??
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 11:24 AM

What good looking dogs. Best of luck in finding you dog.

Ken
BajaSwe

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
A 3 legged dog shouldn't be hard to spot. Sounds like they were just south of the Y Intersection (entrance road to Guerrero Negro).

It was in the Y intersection heading south. The rest of us are all fine and we are still in GN. Looking for the dog and posting flyers.

Yes it was a shoulder accident.

Thanks for your concern!
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 02:36 PM

Good grief I departed G.N. going toward Vizcaino at 10:10 AM MDT yesterday which was the day of the accident. I'm glad no one was injured. I am hoping the dog's instincts draw it to town where there is water. The presence of a visible collar especially one that costs a bit more than the basic ones will allow locals to see that the dog is not merely surplus canine. Best of luck to you and your pooch.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.