Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  21
Author: Subject: Help needed at Punta Cono Photos added
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2012 at 12:06 PM

Hello,

Can who ever talked to Grandma before - please give her a call and see what she knows or thinks is happening with this family?
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-19-2012 at 02:06 PM

McFez,

It is encouraging to see that some Nomads still have blood in their veins....so many posters here are quite insensitive to the human condition and seem to only perceive it as anyone outside the 1% is a bum.

Interesting that the Hell's Angels also consider themselves to be 1%ers....but for a different reason.....or maybe not :light:

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-19-2012 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mula
Way back when - at the beginning of this thread, someone was talking to Grandma in the states by phone.

Maybe they could check in with her again and see is she has any idea where they are. . . .

My last post on this thread was immediately after I spoke with her last on the phone.

fyi.

(on edit) Further elaboration to answer the question posed.... she has no idea where they are.

[Edited on 11-19-2012 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

Mood: bewildered

[*] posted on 11-19-2012 at 09:36 PM

Thank you Mula and BajaNomad.
It is very concerning that they disappeared and that even Grandma hasn't heard from them.
Is anybody on this board a participant in any of the cruisers Sideband networks? That might be the best, next place to check.
I'll go back to the early days of this tread and see if there's any identifying info for the boat, other than a battered plywood tri.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-19-2012 at 09:50 PM
marina de la paz

...011-52-612-122-1646 or www.marinadelapaz.com.............explain the situation and they will run it on the morning net..THIS would not usally be on a SSB net......Hey,,comitan..got a VHF ?? Boat folks usally take care of biz...OR get shipwrecked or die !! its a simple world out there on the water !! YA THINK !! no room for mistakes.............K&T
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2012 at 10:12 PM

Yeah Cap, when they're close enought they use the VHF, but the SSB nets would have more reach. The Haha just went through that area, and they use a VHF net to stay in touch with the participating boats.
To recap: A 30' Searunner Ketch, Califfornia registration CF 7048 FH
2-adults and 3-kids.
Last contact was mid-October when they were reported to be afloat and anchored south of Punta Cono.
The grandmother hasn't heard from her daughter or grandkids since before the last reported sighting, which was before hurricane Paul went through that area.
That sound right?
I have been corresponding with the good people at marina de La Paz on another matter, and once i know that I have the information correct I'll forward it on to the Shroyers to put on the net.
Thanks
degoma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2012 at 12:02 AM

We received our first Facebook post from Lea this evening and were relieved even though it was very brief: “We are very much okay. I can't stay long as I am on borrowed time. Thank you very much for all your help. Hope to see you again”. We called Bridget (the grandmother) and she was relieved to know they are alive. She wonders, if anyone were to visit the area could they please take some pictures of the kids and talk with them. She asked that we post her contact information: Bridget Fields 619-734-5092 biblestudyforu2@yahoo.com P.O. Box 1907 Blythe, CA 92226 Also, please, if anyone sees Lea, pass this contact information along as some of it has changed recently.

We look forward to hearing a location post….great idea about the fly-over Lancair Driver! The last report I received (third hand) was on November 1st…still anchored in the bay at Pta. Cono.

Islandbuilder, the boat is a Piver 35’ Trimaran CF 7048 FA (not FH)
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2012 at 09:45 AM

well at least this is good news,, good going guys
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-20-2012 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by degoma
We received our first Facebook post from Lea this evening and were relieved even though it was very brief: “We are very much okay. I can't stay long as I am on borrowed time. Thank you very much for all your help. Hope to see you again”.

"borrowed time?" that's an odd expression, and not a reassuring expression,...
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2012 at 10:29 AM
islandbuider

mary and mac are awesome folks..and the NET is very capabl;e..when info gets run on the vhf net it will get transferred by someone like EBMIKE or SHASAAM to the SSB nets if they feel its needed !! K&T
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2012 at 08:46 AM

at least we know one of this is ok-sort of. (borrowed time???) guessing they meant limited time to use the net.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-21-2012 at 08:55 AM

What kind of repair is it that is taking this long? If they can get provisioned for food, then whatever part(s) they might need should have shown up long ago. What have they been there for, four months now?

It feels like someone in that group doesnt want to be rescued................

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-21-2012 at 09:51 AM

if they are anchored in the bay that soumds like they could make it to Rosalillita where life would be easier and repairs and provisions much easier.

sounds like they are happy where they are.

Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2012 at 11:40 AM

I think that in light of recent contact (Nov.1) from Lea to her mom, that they are still anchored at Cono (pretty good job of anchoring to get through Paul!) it's OK to let them be.

I agree with Hook, Woody and SP, that they could get to Rosalillita if they wanted to, I imagine that the local fishermen would tow them there just to get them out of the bay. For whatever reason they are choosing to stay where they are. If Lea wanted to get out, she's had numerous opportunities.

I would suggest that in future contacts with Lea, someone offer her a ride, right now, today with the kids and their stuff to San Diego where she can meet up with her mom. Simple. Clean. Minimum drama.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-21-2012 at 11:43 AM

just think, they could be the first guests to use the marina a Rosalillita! maybe a mariachi band with fireworks and more!!! every 12 hours the tide drains and they could do repairs right there on the sand, then refloat her to see if the patch is seaworthy!:biggrin:

Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2012 at 01:07 PM

I doubt they could get inside the breakwater before they grounded. Perhaps on the full-moon high?
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2012 at 01:51 PM

oh woody-the horror! they pull into rosa as the "first" guests, therefore, proving it is viable and then become the pinups for the resurrection of the ladder...aggghhhhh....
degoma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2012 at 05:31 PM

A friend of mine just returned from the area of Pta. Cono. He knows the fisherman over there and about the boat. I asked him to please try to find out what's up. I post this report as it came to me but have removed names. Here's the report:

Just returned from the Pacific and had a long talk with fisherman. The boat people left about three weeks ago. They stayed at Santa Rosaalita for about 3 weeks, used peoples lap tops and were well taken care of. They left abruptly without thanking the fisherman who helped them so much by taking water, food, fruit, lobster etc. almost daily at Pta. Cono. They headed south and the boat was still leaking due to another crash. The woman(Lea) had been beaten again but refused to leave him. The fisherman grape vine is tracking them down the coast. It is suspected they are near or at Tortuga.

[Edited on 12-6-2012 by degoma]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-5-2012 at 07:31 PM

If they make it to Asuncion, we will have very good eyes on this situation. It would be a good port for them in this storm....I believe there are a few angels of mercy living there.

Spousal violence dynamics often lead a victim to fear for their life at times, and not just their temporary sense of security (as the primary abuser may make explicit death threats to the other adult and/or regarding the children).

While the mother may appear to have some degree of responsibility to protect her children, she won't be able to if she cannot even protect herself. The worst part of being a victim is thinking like a victim.

If they are borrowing computer time, i wonder if they are following this thread?

:?:

Don't believe everything you think....
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2012 at 07:43 PM
wonder if they are following this thread !!

Hola,,darn good question but no matter !! they seem to be "working" (used loosey) their way south..way behind the fleet....once and thats a IF... they get into the cruisers things will change.and Fast....cruisers may seem laid back and carefree..buts thats only because we take care of biz first..then we relax....I dont know the answer or the whole story but in my small mind something smells fishy and it's not dirty decks... hoping for the best !!.....K&T
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  21

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.