Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21
Author: Subject: Help needed at Punta Cono Photos added
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2012 at 09:01 AM

at this point it's wish them luck,keep an eye on them, but keep space. the more he feels pressured, the more she will be used as a punching bag...
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
we just got home from the naval base here in town and tomorrow the frigate will look for the vessel & do an inspection and assess the situation.

And as a back up, Juan will swing by in the early morning before he starts hauling on YT...just to say hi and offer to put the family up so they can spend xmas ashore and have some fun.

I'm sure we can figure out how to get them north if that's what they want to do...stay tuned

so what happened? is the family still living life free? or has govt finished it's "inspection and assessment" and stepped in to dictate how govt will allow them to live?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 12:44 AM
stayed tuned

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
we just got home from the naval base here in town and tomorrow the frigate will look for the vessel & do an inspection and assess the situation.

And as a back up, Juan will swing by in the early morning before he starts hauling on YT...just to say hi and offer to put the family up so they can spend xmas ashore and have some fun.

I'm sure we can figure out how to get them north if that's what they want to do...stay tuned

still in tune!

so it's been a week or 2 since the Navy frigate went out for an inquisition -- what happened???????
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
what happened???????

Their journey south continues....

Perhaps they've reached Mag Bay by now?

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-20-2012 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Tri that was in Canoa and Asuncion is now in front of Abreojos.Been there for a week. don't know what the issue is.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=64557

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
IAMTHATIAM

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 03:50 PM
Punta Cono Previously Beached Family

With much love and respect from the previously beached family from Punta Cono....

[Nemo 55] Thank you for showing sincere concern and coming to our defense. I would try to take the time and discuss my all too personal life changing experience with a group of people I do not know and will probably never meet. Because a heart centered few in this group actually care about what happens to others who are in sincere trouble I take the time for you and Baja Nomads for their kindness the short version of this ship wreck story will be given. If you "Nemo 55" have any questions for me personally I would be glad to answer them if they are not too intrusive.

To all of those who have helped me and mine I appreciate it. We are truly grateful. To name some who were all too generous: Steve & Delia ( The Newly Weds) gave everything in their car to help us in our survival efforts. You are beyond awesome in every way. You are the only people I know in my life to give generously and from the heart.You saw our situation and gave everything you could;Food, beverages to the second power,paint for the children, tackle for fishing & fishing pole (Ours were broken),You made a stone oven pizza and shared it with us. The little ones still talk about the pizza and your kindness. Bruce & Gay there are no words for what you have done to help with the boat and the time spent women to women I am grateful. We sure enjoyed those special banana pancakes.

To all who have posted on this thread. I do apologize as I was not present for my own conversations with you. Actually I do not recall having a conversation with most of you excluding the people I met. To all of those who post things about others without getting the facts first are jumping to their own conclusions and it is better kept to yourself. There is a saying that goes...If you don't know what you are saying, it's best not to speak. Or in this case write. I believe it is called slander and I am respectfully requesting you put a sock in it..

My mother was contacted from family members on my husband's side and there was no answer or answering machine available to leave a message. My reasoning to contact my mother was to give her a common curiosity in letting her know I am alive and well. A check in if you wish to call it that. All other matters are none of your concern unless I speak of it and make it so.

There are those who try to nit and pick lies out of a casual meeting. I respectfully request that you Zip-It unless you were actually present.

[woody with a view] Thank you. My mother is concerned. But seems to create a drama instead of actually helping
with much needed supplies. Because of her and the postings made our family went w/o the help we could have received.

We were not warned of any of the advancing storms that we weathered through the night as "true sailors". It appears there are two on this posting that know the meaning of being at sea. The boat was completely sideways at times. We lost one anchor, one life saver and our dingy ripped off. Oh yeah, the children were sleeping through it and are more mature than most brats I have seen in America. We received word shortly thereafter of two other boats that were beached because of the storm that blew through the area.

Our children have been home schooled for three years now & it is registered in California for all those nay Sayers. If the decent people on Baja Nomads want to do good deeds for others that is great but please stop the bickering.

[timmurphy] we said: Mr. Tim I have never met a man more life threatening. To ride by me and my three year old baby on the beach, not more than a foots distance and throw sand into our faces as he passed by. My son was crying and frightened. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED ! You actually sit on this website and discuss child protective services after doing what you did. A- Mazingly shocking. Also, it is a wonderful thing to express yourself through writing though it is always best to be remain in the ball park of being "truthful/fact-full". It appears as though you are not.

Again we wish to say thank you to all those helpful people for all the loving support given. There are too many names to list. We love and thank you and we will never forget what each one of you have done for us. If you see us out there say hello and let us know you are from Baja Nomads. Have Happy Holidays and New Year! ~Namaste
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IAMTHATIAM
With much love and respect from the previously beached family from Punta Cono....

[Nemo 55] Thank you for showing sincere concern and coming to our defense. I would try to take the time and discuss my all too personal life changing experience with a group of people I do not know and will probably never meet. Because a heart centered few in this group actually care about what happens to others who are in sincere trouble I take the time for you and Baja Nomads for their kindness the short version of this ship wreck story will be given. If you "Nemo 55" have any questions for me personally I would be glad to answer them if they are not too intrusive.

To all of those who have helped me and mine I appreciate it. We are truly grateful. To name some who were all too generous: Steve & Delia ( The Newly Weds) gave everything in their car to help us in our survival efforts. You are beyond awesome in every way. You are the only people I know in my life to give generously and from the heart.You saw our situation and gave everything you could;Food, beverages to the second power,paint for the children, tackle for fishing & fishing pole (Ours were broken),You made a stone oven pizza and shared it with us. The little ones still talk about the pizza and your kindness. Bruce & Gay there are no words for what you have done to help with the boat and the time spent women to women I am grateful. We sure enjoyed those special banana pancakes.

To all who have posted on this thread. I do apologize as I was not present for my own conversations with you. Actually I do not recall having a conversation with most of you excluding the people I met. To all of those who post things about others without getting the facts first are jumping to their own conclusions and it is better kept to yourself. There is a saying that goes...If you don't know what you are saying, it's best not to speak. Or in this case write. I believe it is called slander and I am respectfully requesting you put a sock in it..

My mother was contacted from family members on my husband's side and there was no answer or answering machine available to leave a message. My reasoning to contact my mother was to give her a common curiosity in letting her know I am alive and well. A check in if you wish to call it that. All other matters are none of your concern unless I speak of it and make it so.

There are those who try to nit and pick lies out of a casual meeting. I respectfully request that you Zip-It unless you were actually present.

[woody with a view] Thank you. My mother is concerned. But seems to create a drama instead of actually helping
with much needed supplies. Because of her and the postings made our family went w/o the help we could have received.

We were not warned of any of the advancing storms that we weathered through the night as "true sailors". It appears there are two on this posting that know the meaning of being at sea. The boat was completely sideways at times. We lost one anchor, one life saver and our dingy ripped off. Oh yeah, the children were sleeping through it and are more mature than most brats I have seen in America. We received word shortly thereafter of two other boats that were beached because of the storm that blew through the area.

Our children have been home schooled for three years now & it is registered in California for all those nay Sayers. If the decent people on Baja Nomads want to do good deeds for others that is great but please stop the bickering.

[timmurphy] we said: Mr. Tim I have never met a man more life threatening. To ride by me and my three year old baby on the beach, not more than a foots distance and throw sand into our faces as he passed by. My son was crying and frightened. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED ! You actually sit on this website and discuss child protective services after doing what you did. A- Mazingly shocking. Also, it is a wonderful thing to express yourself through writing though it is always best to be remain in the ball park of being "truthful/fact-full". It appears as though you are not.

Again we wish to say thank you to all those helpful people for all the loving support given. There are too many names to list. We love and thank you and we will never forget what each one of you have done for us. If you see us out there say hello and let us know you are from Baja Nomads. Have Happy Holidays and New Year! ~Namaste

Glad everybody is safe. God Bless Matt
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 04:50 PM

I too, while critical of the event, am relieved to hear from you and hope you and the kids are okay... Thank you IAMTHATIAM for joining Nomad and giving us some first-hand details on your 'adventure'! I wish you and your children well... Maybe your kids will take after you and not fear adventure or fear Mexico, either!:bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

timmurphy

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 05:15 PM
cono saga

well you must have the wrong person.my name is of course tim murphy,however,the closest you ever were to me was through binoculars.furthermore,I would never be an buttcrack to anyone,especially when I am in my baja zen mode.slander ?
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 07:03 PM
Namaste & family

Hola, & happy newyear !! thank you for Your post..I Think I can say that for many folks here !! I myself Have been wondering about you folks as a boat & traveler guy... And Crew member Space ship earth ...Are you folks still on the boat ??? is that a piver/browning ? And The Question of a life time ??? and you dont have to answer..I,, for one will understand..having been in storms..Would you do it again ??? Keith & Tasha..:cool:
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 09:10 PM

Glad they are safe and communicating. I'm not going to shift my imagination into overdrive, but I think there is more to this story.

No worries
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2013 at 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63
Glad they are safe and communicating. I'm not going to shift my imagination into overdrive, but I think there is more to this story.

Curt
Maybe you can communicate directly on your next trip to Abreojos. They have been here for over a month now.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2013 at 08:45 AM

IAMTHATIAM,

I don't think anyone here are Nomads knew for sure what was really going on. Most just wanted to err on the side of caution and be sure that the kids were all right.

torch
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2013 at 08:56 AM

I'd love to hear more about the adventures and experiences on this trip.

ex.
"We were not warned of any of the advancing storms that we weathered through the night as "true sailors". It appears there are two on this posting that know the meaning of being at sea. The boat was completely sideways at times. We lost one anchor, one life saver and our dingy ripped off. Oh yeah, the children were sleeping through it and are more mature than most brats I have seen in America. We received word shortly thereafter of two other boats that were beached because of the storm that blew through the area."
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2013 at 10:52 AM

Well said........

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
IAMTHATIAM,

I don't think anyone here are Nomads knew for sure what was really going on. Most just wanted to err on the side of caution and be sure that the kids were all right.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2013 at 01:57 PM

A few years back on a Motorhome drive to Mulege, I pulled off at the junction of 1 and BOLA by the abandoned Pemex station to take a break. Immediately two young gringos I had not noticed came running up, thinking I had stopped to pick them up. They turned out to be members of the Rainbow Family heading to the annual Rainbow gathering held that year somewhere around La Paz. They had no food, no water, ,not a peso, and only the hippy style clothes on their back, without a care in the world. They had been sitting there for two days before I came along. I offered them a ride as far as Mulege, and had an interesting education on the philosophy of the Rainbow Family during the remainder of the trip, on which I supplied food and beverages and an air conditioned comfortable ride, which I was happy to do. I learned that they never panhandle or ask for anything, share anything they may acquire, and rely on the goodness of others to exist. They sit passively by the side of the road and wait to be noticed rather than holding their thumb out. I dropped them off at the Pemex just south of Mulege. A few days later I went by there and there they still sat. I stopped to see if there was any way I could help, and they assured me they were fine, and the locals were seeing to their well being with food and water etc. After a few days they were gone, presumably made it to the convention eventually. Some may consider this irresponsible, others a noble brave undertaking. Moral of the story is that this mode of operation obviously works, probably better in Baja than the US.
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2013 at 02:43 PM

homeschooled? are their assignments getting turned in?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2013 at 03:14 PM

well, I sure am glad we heard from the horse's mouth ! great news that all are OK and that the trip has continued .....

my thought:

is there no way you can find out what weather awaits you before you embark on your next leg of the trip ? why put your kids' lives in any danger for even a second on an ocean that rarely forgives?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2013 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
well, I sure am glad we heard from the horse's mouth ! great news that all are OK and that the trip has continued .....

my thought:

is there no way you can find out what weather awaits you before you embark on your next leg of the trip ? why put your kids' lives in any danger for even a second on an ocean that rarely forgives?

you can visit her at Juanita's Blanca if you want to talk to her.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-9-2013 at 05:14 PM

OF COURSE THERE ARE WAYS OF KNOWING ABOUT APPROACHING WEATHER!! Any PRUDENT boater knows that. And it's not expensive. A simple world band receiver will provide that.

Instead, I guess it is hoped that we will accept that they are capable boaters by pointing out that TWO OTHER BOATS WENT AGROUND, while they managed not to.

Ah, what Bohemians, they are!!!.................:rolleyes:

They are fools! And the sea eventually makes short work of fools.

I guess maybe they are waiting for chubasco season before they head south. :lol:

Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.