Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  21
Author: Subject: Help needed at Punta Cono Photos added
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-10-2012 at 12:37 PM

If anyone is going to visit them...maybe pass on the offer that if they can get a patch on the boat, they could easily pull it up on the beach here to work on it and get things back on track. We are only a couple days sailing...at least there are stores, internet etc here and people to help them out and possible rides north.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 9-10-2012 at 06:52 PM
SHARI=SWEETHEART

YOU AND YOUR OFFER IS WHAT MAKES ME PROUD TO BE A CAPTAIN AND A BAJA,MEX FAN !! GOOD ON YA !! K&T..."IF WE ALL HELPED EACH OTHER JUST A LITTLE,,, IT WILL BE A NICER PLACE TO LIVE"...CREW MEMBER SPACESHIP EARTH !! K&T :cool:
susanna
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2012 at 08:49 PM

Wow! they could write a book about their experience and how people came to help them. That was wonderful how some people made a sacrifice i am sure to get to them and bring food and supplies.May God Bless these folks for their efforts.Hope they get back safe wherever they go.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2012 at 08:56 PM

just paying forward all the amazing help I got when shipwrecked. and lost most everything..within a day, I had a job, a place to live and a couple good samaritans amigos who helped me get back on my feet AND taught me to surf in Costa Rica...those were the days eh!!!...the stuff stories are made of!

imagine the stories those kids will have to tell to their grandchildren!

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2012 at 09:08 PM
Sending best wishes to this family tonight.

It would be the best of worlds if they could safely make their way to Shari's beach.

She's been a light and offered safe-harbour to many who've been lost, has given support
while they righted their course and cheered as they bravely cast off into new adventures.

Besides all that good stuff, Shari's just plain fun to be with!
Those kids would love the blowhole, too.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
Nemo55
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2012 at 10:47 PM

Couldnt have said it better myself K&T ,,

"Nemo55" (Alex) Lost somewhere down in the engineering section of Spaceship Earth ....just Oiling things up.:P

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
YOU AND YOUR OFFER IS WHAT MAKES ME PROUD TO BE A CAPTAIN AND A BAJA,MEX FAN !! GOOD ON YA !! K&T..."IF WE ALL HELPED EACH OTHER JUST A LITTLE,,, IT WILL BE A NICER PLACE TO LIVE"...CREW MEMBER SPACESHIP EARTH !! K&T :cool:
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2012 at 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
just paying forward all the amazing help I got when shipwrecked. and lost most everything.. HOLA,Would love to hear more about that storey !! do tell !!
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2012 at 06:50 AM

well Capt....you're just gonna have to sail in here and sit around the fire with us to hear those stories in person...parts of them arent fit for the general public:lol:

....particularly the part about the dashing young man who swam out and rescued me. When he got to the boat that was mostly underwater, I asked him to save my little ditch bag first that had my journal, camera and negatives in it....so he swam through raging surf with one arm holding my bag over his head...then he swam back out again and I made him swim my guitar safely to shore...he must have thought I was one crazy chick...the third time he swam out, I let him rescue ME! I guess I was just in shock and not really thinking clearly... pretty cool he saved my journal though which had all the songs I had written at sea in it too. Turns out the guy was the son of a president of another country in hiding...oh the intrigue right!

He arranged for me to live on a 93' sailboat that had been confiscated for drug running and got me a job in the bar Bananas at the head of the dock in Puntarenas...wonder if that bar is still there? parts of our wrecked boat were on the wall....the skipper married a young tica and lived happily ever after.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2012 at 06:52 AM
now thats a sea story..cool!!

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2012 at 06:59 AM

oh that's just the part I could tell here!!!:rolleyes:
It was a two year trip I did sola crewing for sailors...got in the middle of a hurricaine and blown offshore 200 miles of the Gulf of tuantepec (sp), spent 10 days drifting in the doldrums, worked in the panama canal as a line handler, jumped ship(to avoid another shipwreck) and worked in the Galapagos..nearly got married there...that's a whole other story that brings a smile to my face!

so I have been thinking alot about this family and the stories & characters they are building!...you know the saying...what doesnt kill you makes you stronger!

I have met many cruising families with children who are incredible and much better educated and worldly than kids who have only gone to school.
But I certainly am concerned about the children having enough food and water...and the state of this boat.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2012 at 07:08 AM
a-firm on all !!

thats a story that would make a great book and a hell of a night around a baja beach fire !! K&T:cool: off to the marina for work....everybody have a great !! "and live like you mean it..tomorrow may never come to be, for all of us"
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-11-2012 at 07:34 AM

now it all makes sense why Shari is such a cool chick!

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
they were waiting for Mario McLeash to bring them some fibre glass and resin so they could repair the bottom and get underway.
Is there any contact information for Mr. McLeash?

You can contact me privately if needed.

Thank you.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2012 at 03:24 PM

Forgive me for jumping in here after long months away........

This really scares me, I haven't heard of anyone calling the PD that Jorge offered up that this man may be wanted for abuse of his family, has that happened? Grand-ma may be being over protective/drama queen/buttinski who knows, I would have called first mention to get a grip on the facts.

The kids and Mom look really happy in the pics. but, as Nemo says that is something children learn to do.

I hope to God that all is as it seems to those of you that have met them, but, we have seen time and time again wives and children that are killed with the neighbors never having a clue as to what was really going on.

I pray that the boat will be repaired and they will be onto their next adventure (at Shari's) with the kids having wonderful stories to tell about a loving family and their time on the beach in Baja.

I maybe should keep my dos centovis to myself, but, those of you that know me know that that ain't happening. Gran-ma should stay put, no Baja experience? Another person to rescue might not be a stellar idea.

Mean people suck!
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2012 at 06:11 PM

I recieved an U2U that my comment about Gran-ma might have not come across as I meant,

I'm sorry if that is the case. I didn't mean to call G-ma a "buttinski" What I was trying to say, I was afraid she might be seen that way.

She is in fear for her children. What I shoud have said is that I've been exactly where she is and know her fear. For her to go to Baja on her own having no experience (I assume this because she is asking about how to get a passport) would not be a good idea. I would fear for her safety

I'm still asking, has anyone call the local PD to find out if there is a record that this woman and her children might be in trouble?

?????

Mean people suck!
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2012 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
I recieved an U2U that my comment about Gran-ma might have not come across as I meant,

I'm sorry if that is the case. I didn't mean to call G-ma a "buttinski" What I was trying to say, I was afraid she might be seen that way.

She is in fear for her children. What I shoud have said is that I've been exactly where she is and know her fear. For her to go to Baja on her own having no experience (I assume this because she is asking about how to get a passport) would not be a good idea. I would fear for her safety

I'm still asking, has anyone call the local PD to find out if there is a record that this woman and her children might be in trouble?

?????

I agree with you,
Nemo55
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2012 at 08:29 PM

Ditto.......

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
Quote:

?????

I agree with you,

\"The Truth will set you free...But first it will pee you Off\"
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 07:43 AM

Quote:

This really scares me, I haven't heard of anyone calling the PD that Jorge offered up that this man may be wanted for abuse of his family, has that happened? Grand-ma may be being over protective/drama queen/buttinski who knows, I would have called first mention to get a grip on the facts.

The kids and Mom look really happy in the pics. but, as Nemo says that is something children learn to do.

I hope to God that all is as it seems to those of you that have met them, but, we have seen time and time again wives and children that are killed with the neighbors never having a clue as to what was really going on.

I pray that the boat will be repaired and they will be onto their next adventure (at Shari's) with the kids having wonderful stories to tell about a loving family and their time on the beach in Baja.

I maybe should keep my dos centovis to myself, but, those of you that know me know that that ain't happening. Gran-ma should stay put, no Baja experience? Another person to rescue might not be a stellar idea.
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 07:55 AM

Quote:

Well if she's anything like my Mother in law, she is a buttinski...:lol::lol::lol:...... Im sure she's just concerned for the children as any other grandmother would be. Our thought and prayers go out to them.

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 08:17 AM

The lack of passport is not preventing anyone from going to Mexico, or returning home*. So grandma shouldn't let that be in the way... However, she could have received one in the time this thread has been going!

I think this thread should be kept near the top of 'Today's Posts' until we know they are safely on their way, or mom and the kids are with grandma.

*My son recently returned from 2 months at Mag Bay with no passport or birth certificate... (he is 23 and knows that was dumb) and never was asked for either on the 1600 mile round trip... and crossing home was no problem, no secondary... Just a driver's License for ID.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  21

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.