BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mexican Humor
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-22-2012 at 10:03 AM
Mexican Humor

I spoke with "the family" last night. They all saw the image above. Jesús quipped dah-BEED, do you realize those stacks of money were three times as tall when they first found them?"

Méxicanos are the past masters of sarcastic black humor.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2012 at 10:16 AM

Did you suggest it's the weather? Contracción.

Happens a lot in Mexico
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-22-2012 at 10:28 AM

Knew a state trooper that caught a drug/cash runner. Smiled when I asked him about turning in all the money. He made some smart real estate investments shortly afterwards with money he inherited.:biggrin:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-22-2012 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Knew a state trooper that caught a drug/cash runner. Smiled when I asked him about turning in all the money. He made some smart real estate investments shortly afterwards with money he inherited.:biggrin:

What goes around, comes around. Just saying------------

(of course I would never have done that)

Barry
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-22-2012 at 01:19 PM

I wonder what percentage of that cash was derived from public assistance programs in the US? (Now I've gone and done it)

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2012 at 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

Jesús quipped dah-BEED, do you realize those stacks of money were three times as tall when they first found them?"

Méxicanos are the past masters of sarcastic black humor.

I think that was more a conditioned statement than an attempt at humor of any color. How many Mexicans would disagree with Jesus?
Not many.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress

Smart man. Much smarter than my former boss who found a large amount of $100 bils with a rubber band around it. He was with only me in an elavator going to the Top of the Mark in San Francisco and when we got up there he handed it to the c-cktail waitress saying "Parden me mame but somebody dropped this in the elevator". I'm sure she invested it wisely :lol:

[Edited on 8-23-2012 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 01:09 PM

Then there was the young man who found an envelope stuffed with cash and went to the police department in his small town. An elderly widow had lost it on her way to the bank and had it not been returned she would have been made homeless.

Reminds of me of when I got mugged at Doctor's hospital in Richmond, CA. The three of them got my wallet but not a lot of cash. The cops later busted them due to being videotaped on hospital grounds security cameras and the detectives told me they found over five thousand dollars in cash on them.

I turned in a dropped wallet at LAX that had quite a bit of cash in it. I guess that makes me stupid...

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Then there was the young man who found an envelope stuffed with cash and went to the police department in his small town. An elderly widow had lost it on her way to the bank and had it not been returned she would have been made homeless.

Reminds of me of when I got mugged at Doctor's hospital in Richmond, CA. The three of them got my wallet but not a lot of cash. The cops later busted them due to being videotaped on hospital grounds security cameras and the detectives told me they found over five thousand dollars in cash on them.

I turned in a dropped wallet at LAX that had quite a bit of cash in it. I guess that makes me stupid...

Not the same as a wad of cash with a rubber band around it and no ID which is typical of how drug dealers carry their money.

Bob Durrell
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 05:40 PM

Silly me. I had no idea how drug dealers carry their money. Top Of The Mark, huh? Some high class digs. My drug dealer has a stethoscope and a bigote (Dr. Simi) :)

Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2012 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
I wonder what percentage of that cash was derived from public assistance programs in the US? (Now I've gone and done it)

I wouldn't get all worried about making a statement like that. To anybody that doesn't have rose colored glasses on, that is a true and factual account of where most US drug money comes from.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-26-2012 at 10:02 AM

I will agree if you add tobacco and alcohol to the list of drugs most commonly purchased by public assistance recipients. Both drugs are heavily taxed so some of the drug money goes right back to the government. Most of the money goes to huge agri-business related corporations which have for years benefited from government price supports for tobacco and protections like subsidizing the corn crop today. The 1% cannot be expected to have missed this excellent income source. They get their taxes back and benefit from keeping the lower socio-economic classes addicted. (Let's not get into the concept of private prison contracts demanding that the State keep the cells 90% full!)
Some of the money that fuels Mexican drug traffic also comes from welfare checks.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-26-2012 at 10:25 AM

if you drop it don't expect to get it back..... i mean, if it is that important to you how in the F#*K did you lose it to begin with?

think of it as paying it forward. you didn't earn that!:lol:

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2012 at 10:40 AM

Interesting. My income is far, far less than many in those "deprived" socio-economic groups and if I cannot afford tobacco or alcohol, then tough pa-tootie. Same with an IPAD or designer clothes, jewelry and especially drugs. Look at what happened to Rodney King -- drowned in booze and drugs at his very nice house. I do not make excuses for my own conduct, and maybe I'm wrong, but I insist that others do the same.

"It's Not Me" raves the speculator when accused of driving up prices on life support items.

"My father Abused Me" shrieks the child killer at the jury

"Of Course I Take Drugs Look How I Am Forced To Live! On Welfare!" whines the person after cops raid their squalid apartment and seize fenced flat screen televisions and jewelry.

"My daddy left me when I was eight and my momma was a crack addict" pleads the killer accused of murdering several people during a home invasion.

Like Flip Wilson used to crack "Da devil made me do it"

[Edited on 8-26-2012 by DavidE]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.