Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Good Guys nab boat robbers in East Cape
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 10:15 AM
Good Guys nab boat robbers in East Cape

After the bad guys have stolen 36 boats in the last two years between La Paz and Frailes on the beach or at anchor without a single recovery/arrest there is some good news.

The authorities here (with help from others in La Paz) discovered a boat with a 200hp motor, 5 bad guys with automatic weapons at rest near the shore during daylight hours.

They took off at high speed and were later apprehended near Boca del Alamo south of Bahia de Los Sueños.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 10:47 AM

They should use those guys for bait in a lobster trap.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 11:28 AM

Years ago, I brought a 10-speed to a town way up in the hills in the state of Jalisco. From the looks the local "chamacos" gave me I knew the bike was coveted.

So I went to the hardware store and purchased a ceramic light bulb base, and 40 watt bulb, and light switch. Then 100' of wire. I tapped into one of the wires in the bedroom, ran the wire out the window, over the roof, down the side of the house and buried it in a few inches of dirt. I barred the end of the wire a few inches and wrapped it around the spokes of the rear wheel.

Turned the switch on every night.

Several (I forget how many) nights later the light bulb came on and I heard a scream. I slipped on trousers and ran around to the side of the house. The bike had fallen onto its side.

Propped up, the tires and handlebar grips insulated the bike.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 11:30 AM

Thanks for the good news.

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 06:59 PM
DAVID E

NOW THATS A FUNNY !! SMART THINKING ON YOU BEHALF !!!
Mateo-Feo
Nomad

Mood: MuchoTakeitEasy

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 07:55 PM

Just heard on BD. That's sooo rad!
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2012 at 10:32 PM

Very interesting, especially about the bike. One thing I don't understand - how that seized boat of drug traffickers (or whatever business they were in) helps in catching boat thieves - a different line of business usually.
bajalorena
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2012 at 11:19 AM

I am hoping the seized boat and men were the boat theives. Too many fishermen have lost their boats, and some of them, their livelyhood. This has been a concern on the East Cape for years.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2012 at 11:31 AM

great news !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-25-2012 at 12:06 PM

If (when) I have a boat in Baja, or even up here, I will rig a hidden cutoff in either the fuel of the ignition.

I know it can be traced and overridden but at least it gives a measure of control.

Sort of like the "bait cars" the cops are using these days.

But, I really like David E's solution- just should have pushed a lot more amperage through the system.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-25-2012 at 12:16 PM

Got to be careful with hurting people down here. A burglar can break into a house in the middle of the night, and the occupants may stab them with a kitchen knife. Alive or dead, when the cops arrive the stabbed goes to the hospital or undertaker, the stabber goes to the commandancia, and can be locked up until the ministerio publico decides that the action was justified. No, it isn't right IMHO, but yes, it is reality and it serves me well to remember it. A bad jolt is what I intended, not to permanently damage or destroy a life over a bicycle.

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2012 at 01:58 PM

Stealing a boat doesn't require a gun, not worth carrying and using it for this. Those "los malos" might be happy customers of boat thieves, but it's not clear from the story whether the seized boat was a stolen one.

About that bike story... How did you connect the wire to the bike? If you wrap each lead around a spoke, even 2 different spokes, this would close the circuit before somebody's touching it. Also... if it's a child, or somebody with too much alcohol in blood, an injury would be more serious. I still like the idea, though :)
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2012 at 02:30 PM

I didn't intuit that the boat was stolen. It sounded more like it was a special boat (200hp outboard) to steal boats and/or motors and/or steal away into the night with haste. Of course the same kind of boat would be good to transport drugs.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2012 at 03:26 PM

1. I ran a single wire through the lamp base and out to the bike with the switch off.

2. I bared the end of that one wire and connected wrapped it tightly around a spoke.

3. I did not run a neutral wire. It was not needed

4. The chamacos wore huaraches. No kid in that village had shoes.

5. The house was surrounded by a flimsy bamboo fence about three and a half feet tall.

6. No small child was going to be wandering around at 11:00PM when I wheeled the bike out of the tiny (very tiny) single room so I wouldn't trip over it yet again on the way to the bathroom.

7. The light bulb was there to do two things, limit the current to around 4/10ths of one amp and to light up if the wire achieved continuity.

8. Don't try it, but you do not need two wires connected to make this work. All dwellings in north America have neutral bonded to ground at the service drop. The amount of "zap" will vary. But with huaraches, covered with damp dirt (hee hee hee) even a single conductor will offer plenty of zap.

9. A drunk crawl over my fence and steal my bike? If I knew a drunk was on the way to steal my bike I would have switched the bulb to a 100 watt!

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2012 at 07:36 PM

200 hp motor and guns sounds more like druggies to me. If things in Baja have come to the point where boat/motor thieves are carrying automatic weapons - Jeez, this is scary.

Got it now, thanks David. This kind of deterrent is rather "emotionally rewarding" to the owner. Though you never know what their reaction could be. What about alarmed disk locks and similar things?
Bomberro
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2012 at 07:12 AM

Here is a copy of an article in the SudCal from La Paz. Not sure if it all will copy.
Police
They destroy military band of thieves!
The Sudcaliforniano
August 24, 2012

Sarabia Porfirio P.

La Paz, Baja California Sur. - The Ministry of National Defense through the Commander of the 3 / a. Military Zone in coordination of the State Preventive Police, personnel of the Second Naval Zone, Municipal Preventive Police and members of the State Ministerial Police, conducted ground surveys and arrested five individuals suspected thieves of marine vessels in coastal fishing tort Punta Arena, Baja California Sur.

In pursuit by land and sea were detained five individuals who were engaged in stealing outboard motors to fishermen coastal Baja California Sur.

The arrest of the suspected robbers happened the night of August 22, 2012 in El Cardonal in the vicinity of Los Barriles, jurisdiction delegation of La Paz, Baja California Sur, assured them a boat 26 feet in length, with 250 hp engine Force, Yamaha, a 12 gauge shotgun and eight drums each containing 50 liters fuel.

The alleged robbers are: Dante Welder Hector Flores, 34 years old, from the State of Sonora, Pascual Velazquez, 31-year-old native of Sonora, Jesus Valenzuela Arturo Cisneros, 21, Alejo Martín Ruiz Valdez, 25 years old and José Adrián Sánchez Haroz of 28 years, the last three from the state of Sinaloa.

Were made available to the public prosecutor of the Common Law Researcher, for his alleged responsibility in the commission of the crimes of robbery boats and outboard motors, carrying a weapon and other crimes.

According to information obtained highlights that after several complaints and many complaints of excessive theft outboard motors, personal finally Mexico Navy of the Second Naval Zone in coordination with the Municipal Preventive Police, was achieved destroy this band of criminals.

It is emphasized that the seamen to make an intensive operation that began at 1300 hours on August 22, 2012 in La Ribera, Baja California Sur, where the Navy asked for support for the arrest of the suspects.

They reached the place elements of the Directorate of Public Security and Traffic Municipal Preventive Police, led by José Guadalupe Anguiano Polo Rubio Alfonso Mejia, Armando Santoyo Simental and Deputy Miguel Angel de los Santos, initiating such persecution and ending at the port mount The Cardonal fishing, Baja California Sur at 21:00 pm that day.

The detainees stated that it was the first time I stole outboard motors to fishermen coastal Baja California Sur.

Previously they had stolen more engines and sold in the State of Sonora and on the hill "El Cabezon" in the State of Sinaloa.

Note that the five arrested the morning of August 18, 2012, armed with four boats stolen outboard motors in Punta Arena, San Juan municipal delegation of Plans, municipality of La Paz, Baja California Sur.

On Sunday 19 March and year two of the boats were found without their motors, offshore, south of Cerralvo Island.

The detainees have now committed several robberies outboards detriment of coastal fishermen Sergeant, Punta Arena, Bay of Dreams, The Bank, The Cardonal and San Juan de Los Planes, Baja California Sur.
Bomberro
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2012 at 07:22 AM

This another article in same papers news and is a bit more detailed and long. The translation is sort of ok, one needs to read and guess some of the words.
rounding or consignment pangas thieves
The Sudcaliforniano
August 25, 2012

La Paz, Baja California Sur. - Constitutional term expires today for the Public Prosecutor of the Common Jurisdiction Investigator, which integrates a preliminary investigation requested by the roots or the appropriation before the criminal judge in turn the five alleged thieves pangas outboard motors and fishing in coastal sudcalifornianos prejudice.

The five were made available to the authority: Dante Buelna Hector Flores alias "El Wangler," 34-year-old native of Huatabampo, Sonora, residing known Yavaros Huatabampo, Sonora Township, occupation fisherman, Jose Adrian Haro Sanchez alias "El Pepe and / or Baez Jose Antonio Cervantes, a 28-year-old native of Cerro Cabezon fishing camp, Municipality of Guasave Sinaloa, occupation fisherman.

Jesus Valenzuela Arturo Cisneros aka "The Tristan", 21 years old, Velázquez Pascual Romero alias "El Parka", 30 years old and Martin Alejo Valdez Ruiz alias "El Alejo", 25 years old.

The three Benito Juarez Paredoncito originating Sonora, fishing occupation.

They are allegedly responsible for acts constituting crimes presumably. It turned over shift report and were made available to the Public Prosecutor of the Common Jurisdiction Researcher, based in the town of Los Barriles, Baja California Sur, the aforementioned persons.

Elements of the State Ministerial Police reported being on August 22, 2012, it was learned by the Ministerial Police Command destacamentada State in the town of La Ribera Baja California Sur, where they made a vessel of knowledge who was at the edge of the beach.

And that board were 4 to 5 person, which dressed completely in black who apparently were armed.

So immediately moved elements of the State Ministerial Police of the Commands of La Ribera, Los Barriles and La Paz, Baja California Sur, in coordination with the Mexican Army, Directorate of Public Security, Traffic and Municipal Preventive Police of that population.

As FONMAR personnel, corroborating the above taking it a boat on the shore of the beach, with five people on board, they realize that the presence of agents, tried to flee in the same boat unknown destination by the naked eye that the vessel was on its sides appreciated the legend "El Chapo".

Thus initiating a sea chase, achieving locate meters ahead on the shore of the beach, with the same characteristics of the vessel which had just before pursued.

Being a white boat with green skirt, 250 horsepower engine, Yamaha, color lead, 25 feet in length, starting tours around the edge of the beach.

Noting that ran through the forest in the direction of the town of Boca del Alamo, initiating a chase pedestrian pathway, making them reach the gap leading to Boca del Alamo five male persons, fully identified as elements of the Ministerial Police State.

Stop asking his career ignoring such a request, but not before managing to stop them oppose strong resistance, attacking with hand and foot to the elements with intent to injure, being subjected to police tactics and taken to the headquarters of Los Barriles Baja California Sur, in order to be interviewed in relation to the theft of boats and outboard motors in populations described above.

Expressing these people actually were engaged in theft of boats and outboard motors and coming from the State of Sonora, and that had been stolen boats and outboard motors of the locations mentioned above, same as the carrying out of state in order to sell them to different people in the state of Sonora.

We mention that in the boat that left abandoned on the shore of the beach, were secured by the social representative the following objects: 01 Gun shotgun, brand-Western Wards Fild, 12 gauge, with black plastic handle and shortened barrel, loaded with two rounds of ammunition, with which fishermen threatened to strip them of their boats.

Some Googles type lenses, night vision, GPS Map 75 A black, purple thermal backpack, a Remington 12-gauge cartridge and a 12 gauge cartridge Eagle brand.

It stresses that persons name: Dante Buelna Hector Flores alias "El Wangler" Adrian Sanchez and Jose Haro alias "El Pepe and / or Jose Antonio Cervantes Baez, are related to the following Preliminary: Preliminary Investigation dated 13 June 2012, filed by the person concerned, who denounced the crime of simple theft, to whom he was stolen his boat with its own outboard.

Preliminary Investigation dated June 14, 2012, filed by the person concerned, who denounced the crime of simple theft, to whom he was stolen his boat with its own outboard.

Preliminary Investigation annexed dated June 13, 2012, filed by the person concerned, who denounced the crime of simple theft, who has stolen his boat out with its own outboard.

Preliminary Investigation dated June 13, 2012, filed by the person concerned, who denounced the crime of simple theft, to whom he was stolen his boat with its own outboard.

Preliminary Investigation dated August 9, 2012, filed by the person concerned, who denounced the crime of robbery using violence, who stripped him of his boat with its own outboard, with great violence, amagándolo with a firearm .

Preliminary Investigation dated June 26, 2012, filed by the person concerned, who denounced the crime of robbery using violence, who stripped him of his boat with two outboard engines and a four-engined vehicle type, brand Kawasaki, with great violence , amagándola with a firearm.

Likewise people names: Dante Buelna Hector Flores alias "El Wangler" Adrian Sanchez Jose Haro alias "El Pepe and / or Baez Jose Antonio Cervantes, Jesus Valenzuela Arturo Cisneros aka" The Tristan "Pascual Romero Velazquez aka" The Parka " Martin Alejo Valdez Ruiz aka "The Alejo", are related to the following preliminary investigations.

Similarly, the person named Jose Haro Adrian Sanchez alias "El Pepe and / or Jose Antonio Cervantes Baez is associated with 3 Preliminary Investigations.

Preliminary dated November 28, 2011, preliminary dated January 2, 2012, preliminary dated February 13, 2012, where people afectadadenunciaron the robbery on machinery, instruments, equipment or product and Fishing boat with its own outboard.

As described above, the Public Prosecutor of the Common Jurisdiction of this city, and integrates the preliminary inquiry into the constitutional term shall rule on the legal status of the detainees.
slimshady
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2012 at 09:25 PM

Let the beatings begin. Torture them then cuff them to the shark buoys.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2012 at 09:59 PM

Robbery at gun point indeed. Sonora guys. One would think there are more jobs in Sonora than in Baja. A crazy world we live in...
Bomberro
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 08:45 PM

With all of the boats and motors taken, these guys are only part of the big picture. Bring out the electric wires and vice grip pliers, and lets find out who the brokers and sellers and transporters were. I still think they transported the motors back to mainland by shrimp boats. This small bunch could not have done it all by themselves, the military has it ways to find the facts....
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.