Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: tequila in mercado del mar in rosarito
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2012 at 05:35 PM
tequila in mercado del mar in rosarito

a mile south of the rosarito beach hotel on the east side of the road looks tiny sandwiched between curio shops and a small apartment building. its a cool market with everything you can imagine but off to the side is a HUGE room filled with every tequila ( and other liquor) you could possibly imagine, thousands of bottles. it has to have the largest selection in all of baja, I bought a bottle of extra anejo and a liter of cointreau and the prices were way below any internet price. if you're ever up this way its a must see :bounce:
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 9-15-2012 at 05:37 PM

So much....but so little time.:wow::wow::wow::wow:
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-15-2012 at 05:46 PM
Ensenada Tequila Shop

There is a shop on Calle Primera in the tourist section of Ensenada....think it's in the same block as McDonald's..... that specializes in Tequila.....must have about a zillion brands

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2012 at 05:56 PM

I wonder how many come out of the same barrel?
Cyanide41
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2015 at 02:57 PM

Does anyone know if this place is still around? I will be in the area soon and I am looking for a few good bottles.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2015 at 03:05 PM

yup, was just in. also a great spot to buy tequila is the don pisto warehouse store across the street from the coppel/auto zone in north rosarito. absolutely best prices in town;)
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2015 at 03:09 PM

if I want a good deal on great tequila, I head over to El Gato Loco's place:biggrin:

Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2015 at 03:43 PM

Concur with Willardguy. Del Mar is the place for a truly outstanding selection of all types of booze. They also have a imitation Cointreau for a great price. Comes in a green bottle. If in Rosarito, give it a visit, it is worth the time, even if you don't buy anything.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-19-2015 at 04:39 PM

stay thirsty, my friends!

soylent_green
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 09:56 AM

great place --

Owner Don Blas is a true expert in tequilas and also has a wealth of information on Valle de Guadalupe Wines. Real nice guy.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 3-24-2015 at 02:00 PM

Their store in Puerto Nuevo has the same low prices. It is on the main road, as you enter the town. Its on the right side almost to the corner.

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
yup, was just in. also a great spot to buy tequila is the Don Pisto warehouse store across the street from the coppel/auto zone in north Rosarito. absolutely best prices in town;)

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2015 at 08:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
if I want a good deal on great tequila, I head over to El Gato Loco's place:biggrin:

Yea baby! We have some new stuff to try, never mind the growing Mezcal collection. :biggrin:

Stop on by anytime. The price is always right. :saint:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2015 at 08:43 PM

a mile south of the rosarito beach hotel on the east side of the road looks tiny sandwiched between curio shops and a small apartment building. its a cool market with everything you can imagine but off to the side is a HUGE room filled with every tequila ( and other liquor) you could possibly imagine, thousands of bottles. it has to have the largest selection in all of baja, I bought a bottle of extra anejo and a liter of cointreau and the prices were way below any internet price. if you're ever up this way its a must see :bounce:

Next time down we will check out Del Mar. I was going to go there last weekend but could not remember where it was so just popped into Don Pisto in Puerto Nuevo. The lobster village was PACKED to the gills Saturday mid-day. Lost of locals with a few gringos sprinkled in. Good times.

Thanks for the tip!

MAGA

soylent_green
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 09:00 AM

Mercado del Mar is having a tequila tasting

Friday April 17
430PM
$17

to benefit the Club de Niņos y Niņas in Rosarito

http://www.clubrosarito.org

Im not affiliated with either, but it seems like a great event and a chance to get a great tequila education from the guys @ Mercado Del Mar
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 09:08 AM

also, the place is renowned for its meat case :yes:
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 09:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

Next time down we will check out Del Mar. I was going to go there last weekend but could not remember where it was so just popped into Don Pisto in Puerto Nuevo. The lobster village was PACKED to the gills Saturday mid-day. Lost of locals with a few gringos sprinkled in. Good times.

Thanks for the tip!

Did you have a lobster meal? If so, how about a review?
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 10:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tripledigitken  
Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

Thanks for the tip!

Did you have a lobster meal? If so, how about a review?

The short answer is no, we only stopped for tequila this trip. Not a fan of PN style lobster any longer but in my youth we ate it all the time down there. When I was very young 5-6-7-8 our family would go to the village and sit in the Ortega family's dining room to eat. These days I prefer my lobster raw, sashimi style, and I get my fix at Sushi Ota during lobster season. When we do eat in PN we go to Rosamar and I order the Camarones Rellenos aka Costa Azul. Its a real healthy preparation, shrimp stuffed with crab or lobster and cheese, then wrapped in bacon and covered with a mushroom cream sauce, all the food groups :). Wash it down with a couple hand made margaritas and you are good to go. The family who owns Rosamar had their lobster traps in front of our casa for years. When we would be out for a surf the father would be pulling up the traps and we would paddle over and place our order and then head over that evening. I recall the son riding along with pops and eventually he was driving the boat himself. Thru the 80's and 90's whenever there was a big boxing match or soccer game we new that we could head over there to watch the game on satellite with the patriarch pouring us a celebratory shot of his private mezcal stash. The family lived upstairs at the restaurant until a few years ago when they added seating after the parents finally passed. Now they once again have ocean view dining. Still owned and operated by the son and daughters and now their children are working there too. Third generation.

FYI - everyone we take there LOVES the lobster when they get it, including my wife. :saint:

MAGA

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 11:15 AM

where is this place?

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 12:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
where is this place?

Down the main drag, take a left at Don Pisto all the way down on the left hand corner. Rosamar.

MAGA

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 01:49 PM

For those of you who may be uninformed:

When in Puerto Nuevo, one does not have to settle for the lobster the way the restaurant cooks prepare it.

One CAN order it steamed or just boiled in clear liquid.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.