Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Pompano Update
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 05:54 AM
Pompano Update

I was asked to give an update on Roger. Pompano has been hospitalized in North Dakota for several weeks. It was brought on by an internal infection and bleeding issue. It was very serious and still is but hopefully he has turned the corner and is mending, albeit slowly.

I visited Roger yesterday. He looked like he was on the fix, finally. We talked about the upcoming hunting seasons here in North Dakota, we talked of Baja and of course his pretty nurses were in our conversation also. He is definitely feeling better!

Roger says to tell the nomads he misses the folks on the board, misses keeping up with Baja via the board and misses Baja. No computer fix for Roger for the last month and it will be a bit longer before he is back online.

Please feel free to send Roger a shout out, hugs, best wishes or a prayer. I will pass written comments to Roger when I get back there later in the week.

As I look out the window this early morning into the expanse of prairie, the flowers are still blooming in the gardens but the cottomwoods, ash and elms trees in the shelterbelts are turning yellow and orange. Any day now the season's first killing freeze will come and officially end the growing season. Harvest has begun and we busily dig potatos, clip and harrow pastures, move cattle closer to home and combine beans.

The lake is calm. It is quiet excepting the sounds of geese and ducks in their morning conversations. I wonder if they are speaking of family, friends and community? Roger and I did.

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 06:59 AM

Thanks Jorge......Roger is up front in my thoughts and I'll pray hard for his recovery.

Sounds like he could use an IPad or something similar ....just to pass the time. Hospital living sucks without a diversion.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jorge
I was asked to give an update on Roger. Pompano has been hospitalized in North Dakota for several weeks. It was brought on by an internal infection and bleeding issue. It was very serious and still is but hopefully he has turned the corner and is mending, albeit slowly.

Slowly but surely, that's how these things go. Long, bedridden hospital stays require long recoveries. But things do move forward, day by day.

Thanks for the update. Perhaps a few fishing magazines or a Zane Grey book or two will help pass the time during this recovery period.

Please let us know how I can help.
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 07:10 AM

Roger, get well soon, prayers for ya. JH
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 07:18 AM

Thanks Jorge. Good to hear that Roger is getting better. Please let him know he's in my thoughts and prayers and we all wish him a speedy recovery. Looking forward to his next post here. Hope "co-pilot" is doing ok too....:yes:

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 07:21 AM

muchas gracias Don Jorge for the update and caring for our pal...I'm glad you are there to visit.....please pass this on to Rogelio

Dear Roger....I'm sending you a whack of love, healing energy, a virtual cuba libre, a bear hug and a slobbery kiss that I hope Don Jorge passes onto you....OK, I give permission for a copilot nurse to pass on my beso!

Take it easy man...poco a poco and hope to be crackin jokes with you again soon...much love...shari

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 07:39 AM

Get better quickly Roger, I miss your posts, your humor, your wisdom.

carpe diem!
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 07:41 AM

Thinking good thoughts for you, my man. Hurry back, I need help keeping all these co pilots entertained.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 07:59 AM

One can only hope to be admired and respected by his friends as much as this..............

Get well soon!!!

Stay strong!

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 08:07 AM

Tough news, but good to hear that he is improving

Someone needs to get him a iPad, even an ancient one
I resisted, the kids handed me one last month
and they had inscribed on the back "iDad"

It and I are now close friends.
Easy to learn, easier to use, especially in a hospital bed
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 08:10 AM

The's still some geese left to kill out there. Get out that bed and go do yor duty Roger.

Bob Durrell
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 08:13 AM

Get well and back to Baja soon. October wouldn't be the same without a morning shot from your patio!

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 08:28 AM

One more thing Roger.

Try to lose as little weight as possible during the hospital stay. Eat as much of that hospital food as you can. Even when you don't want to. Even when it tastes lousy.

Uncontrolled weight loss weakens the entire system and lengthens the recovery time. Could add complications as well.

This is from experience.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
One more thing Roger.

Try to lose as little weight as possible during the hospital stay. Eat as much of that hospital food as you can. Even when you don't want to. Even when it tastes lousy.

I developed a "bed-pan appetite" during my recent incarceration insomuch as I refused to use one. I literally crawled into a bathroom to save dignity.
I've lost 30 lbs of excess baggage since the beginning of my ordeal.
I realize not everyone can do this for various reasons, but it's a good thing....for me.

Now....back to our regular programming.
bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 09:27 AM

Sorry to hear things aren't going well and hope your recovery is continuing. Get well and back to Mulege, it wouldn't be the same to pass through this winter without a Pompano sighting.
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 09:39 AM

Ah the perils of growing old,the "Golden Years" who ever coined the phase needs to have their butt kicked:lol: the mending time is much longer but it sounds like you are headed in the right direction,hang in there Pomp,a Internet friend.
Rob

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 09:52 AM

Get well, you old ....
I can say that!:lol::lol::lol:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 10:01 AM

How about if one of our friends in the Mulege, Conception Bay area did a drive by of the little bays along Conception as Roger use to do for us and give him a little status update with photos?

Blessings on you Roger!
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 11:06 AM

Thanks so much for the update Don Jorge.

Pompano... get well soon. We all surely miss you around here!

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2012 at 11:18 AM

Missing your road trip and fishing reports Pomp.! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.