Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: DENTISTA Dra. Nini Ramirez
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 09:05 AM
DENTISTA Dra. Nini Ramirez

Last Friday night a week ago, yours truly started with a toothache. It was annoying and according to my past history - would surely become a nightmare .... so, I had Les run to our local pharmacy and get me some antibiotics to start on over the weekend. and some pain-killer, which I did not end up taking.

survived Saturday. Survived Sunday. and Monday morning we got ready to head out the door. Not sure if I would get seen by the local dentist who is now in Punta Abreojos or if we would have to head over to Vizcaino. or Guerrero Negro. or Tijuana (where my dentist of over 20 years does business).

I called the seguro in Punta Abreojos and they gave me the number of woman who just opened up a private dental office 3 months ago. I call her and we try to schedule an appt.

How about 5 pm she says.

How about earlier I say.

How about noon she says.

How about now I say. Ok she says. I don't take this issue lightly. Sooner is better than later. Especially since I had to take a day off from teaching English at middle school and we know how devastated the little ones get when I don't show LOL. To make a long story shorter, she saw me, and she was "brilliant" as they say in England.

Here are some of the photos:

As you might have pieced together from the photos, her specialty is kids. She was so careful with me.

I recommend her if you are in the area and in need of dental care. She was a little pricey for Mexico but we are in the boondocks and all her material comes from La Paz. And in the real world she was so inexpensive: she removed the old enamel cover on a tooth - cleaned it all out and a week later when I went back, she reconstructed the enamel on my last molar. total cost was 900 pesos.

[Edited on 10-21-2012 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 09:10 AM

I forgot to mention that she graduated in 2006. Her hermanos are docs too, so it runs in the family. She used to practice in Morelia and moved to Abreojos because her cousin is working in the seguro there. She is also connected with the flying doctors who should have come now but put off the trip due to hurricane Paul.

[Edited on 10-21-2012 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 09:26 AM

Nice to hear you got it fixed fast..and 900 pesos for 2 visits and all that work seems reasonable.

Many of the local people who do not need emergency care are able to get it for free on a periodic basis from Craig (Gregorio) Huenergardt. He has set up a dentist office in his house out in La Beliza and along with his volunteers provides free dental care to the town folks of Abreojos.

I hope our new dentist can coordinate with Craig on care for the village.

http://www.ultimatesmiles.net/abreojos/dental/
scouse
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 10:13 AM

That was "Brilliant" as we say..:) Nothing like a tooth problem, and pain, on a trip is there ???????

I had a bridge come out along with a shrimp taco in Guerrero Negro and found a lady, Dr. Rosy Peņa, in San Jose to fix it and had her do a set of crowns for me because I liked her style. Her and her husband a Harley Riders!

http://www.angelsdental.com/

You are who you pretend to be.
Kurt Vonnegut jnr

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.