Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Residente Permanente Info
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 10:57 AM
Residente Permanente Info

Last night I ran into a friend that told me he is in the process of getting his "Residente Permanente" at the CSL INM office. I only had a couple of minutes to talk with him but here is what I found out.

He has had a FM-3 for 17 years. He has never been late or received a fine for being late when renewing his FM-3. He is Canadian, retired, owns a condo and lives in CSL between 5 - 6 months a year.

He said the process has been extremely smooth and agents have been very helpful. He provided the same paperwork as he has done in previous years. Three months of bank statements, copy of CFE bill, copy of his Canadian passport, copy of current FM-3 card, application from INM website and payment was made at the bank. He couldn't remember the exact amount but said it was around 4500 or 4800 pesos total...3800 pesos for the Residente Permanente and a one time processing fee.

He did say "INM computers only show the past three years." When the INM agent looked him up in the computer she told him "you have had a FM-3 for three years so you will need to renew your FM-3 for one more year before you can apply for Residente Permanente." My friend said "no, I have had a FM-3 for 17 years." The INM agent said she would have to look in his folder then she would call him the next day to tell him what she found. Sure enough the agent called him the next day and said "you have been a good boy...you have never been late renewing your FM-3 or had any late fees so that means you qualify for "Residente Permanente."

He was told it would take 20 days to process. Like us, my friend has always done his renewals himself without the help of any "paid agent". Again this info is coming out of CSL INM office.

Hope this info is helpful to others.
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 03:27 PM

If not for the new laws I would have filed for my 4th year of FM2's today in CSL.

I use an agent because, well just because.

I asked for an approximate time to complete and got a loose, "eh, 2 weeks or so." Loose being the key factor.

Updates as they develop or are remotely interesting.

p.s. the processing fee is $4850.

[Edited on 12-3-2012 by Wally]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 03:44 PM

How much for your agent?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wally

Thanks Wally. Does that include the agent's fee? I just today paid 600 bucks for mine....agent fees included.

Why do I always get the feeling that my agent charges more than everybody else in the biz?
nobaddays
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 03:51 PM

s Sergio your agent in Cabo?
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
How much for your agent?

Sergio, Paperworks.

$2,850 pesos for the whole process and they take the photos.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 04:37 PM

So....hold on a minute.....that's a total of 2850 plus 4850 = 7700 Pesos. Is that right, or did I screw it up?
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
So....hold on a minute.....that's a total of 2850 plus 4850 = 7700 Pesos. Is that right, or did I screw it up?

Affirmative.

And apparently to never, ever, have to step into an INM office again...unless you want to be a citizen. OR so I've been told.

Actually, I take that back. Citizenship is a completely different agency of the Government.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Affirmative.

And apparently to never, ever, have to step into an INM office again...unless you want to be a citizen. OR so I've been told.

Actually, I take that back. Citizenship is a completely different agency of the Government.

OK...I feel better. You're paying just about the same that I'm being charged.
Come to think of it, photos weren't mentioned....yet, so I'm probably not completely finished.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 05:52 PM
Questions

Is Residente Pemanente a new designation (or change of rules) or is it the same as Inmigrado?

For background, we did our FM3, then FM2 and then inmigrado applications through our agent in Rosarito and the fees were a great deal less than what I have seen on this thread.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Is Residente Pemanente a new designation (or change of rules) or is it the same as Inmigrado?

For background, we did our FM3, then FM2 and then inmigrado applications through our agent in Rosarito and the fees were a great deal less than what I have seen on this thread.

FM3, FM2 and Inmigrado are no more . They are changing to Residente Temporal and Residente Permanente.
Yours won't change, Jan. The new designations are for those who haven't as yet earned Inmigrado.
This is how I see it........hope it's correct.
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
If not for the new laws I would have filed for my 4th year of FM2's today in CSL.

I use an agent because, well just because.

I asked for an approximate time to complete and got a loose, "eh, 2 weeks or so." Loose being the key factor.

Updates as they develop or are remotely interesting.

Visa fees from Article 80, Ley Federal de Derechos (D.O.F. Sept. 4, 2012):
Artνculo 8o. Por la expediciσn del documento migratorio que acredita la condiciσn de estancia se
pagarαn derechos conforme a las siguientes cuotas:
I. Visitante sin permiso para realizar actividades remuneradas …………………… $295.00
II. Visitante con permiso para realizar actividades remuneradas ……………… $2,350.00
III. Visitante Regional ……………………………………………………………………………… $295.00
IV. Visitante Trabajador Fronterizo ………………………………………………………… $295.00
V. Visitante con fines de adopciσn ………………………………………………………… $2,280.00
VI. Residente Temporal:
a). Hasta un aρo ………………………………………………………………………………. $3,130.00
b). Dos aρos …………………………………………………………………………………… $4,690.00
c). Tres aρos ………………………………………………………………………………… $5,940.00
d). Cuatro aρos ……………………………………………………………………………… $7,040.00
VII. Residente Permanente …………………………………………………………… $3,815.00
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 08:24 PM

Quote:

OK...I feel better. You're paying just about the same that I'm being charged.
Come to think of it, photos weren't mentioned....yet, so I'm probably not completely finished.

Hey, Dennis, weren't you planning on moving north of the border permanently in the near future?

There most certainly is but one side to every story: the TRUTH. Variations of it are nothing but lies.
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 08:26 PM

Will this residente parmanente status have any bearing on whether one needs to keep paying for the fideicomiso? My understanding is that getting citizenship allows for one to cancel the fideicomiso, but I'd be surprised if permanent resident status did the same. Am I wrong on this assumption?

There most certainly is but one side to every story: the TRUTH. Variations of it are nothing but lies.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajatripper

Hey, Dennis, weren't you planning on moving north of the border permanently in the near future?

I would leave today if not for my house, Steve. Can't just walk away from it.

http://micasaes.net/

[Edited on 12-4-2012 by DENNIS]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 08:52 PM

There was some indication on some discussion boards that one could qualify for a Permanente card simply by virtue of proving a certain level of financial capability. That is, you show dem da money in your account or valuation of a house or an income stream and you dont have to have four years of FM2 or Fm3.

Well, that's not the case in Guaymas, Sonora. Went in today and asked about this and they said "no, gringo, you gotta put in two more years on your FM3." That would give me four years.

However, there is some indication that a person starting anew (no previous FM2 or 3) who applies at a Mexican Consulate in their home country CAN jump straight to Permanente status by virtue of economic proofs. Go figure. If that's really an option, I should let my FM3 expire and go apply at the consulate. I'd end up saving 4700 pesos over the next two years.

Of course, all this gets us no closer to having hard and fast answers about all this. Is anyone surprised?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Of course, all this gets us no closer to having hard and fast answers about all this. Is anyone surprised?

The constant mystery that is Mexico can be "tiresome" at times.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 09:07 PM

I now have Inmagrante and the cost is exactly what I paid, but when I look at the back of the card, I see that it actually has an expiration date. So I guess I get another trip back to immigration to ask them what that means. When I got the card the guyt said congratulations and I said well, I will probably see you next year, and he looked at me with a confused look on his face, like he knew something I did not. So, now I guess I will go back and ask them what I really have ( like they might know)

I see a lot of people confusing getting an Inmagrante card with citizenship. Citizenship is a whole different ballgame and means that you have become a citizen of Mexico. The Inmagrante does not change your status as able to buy and purchase land. You just happen to be a permanent resident but your citizenship is not Mexican.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajatripper
Will this residente parmanente status have any bearing on whether one needs to keep paying for the fideicomiso? My understanding is that getting citizenship allows for one to cancel the fideicomiso, but I'd be surprised if permanent resident status did the same. Am I wrong on this assumption?

Yes, Inmagrante is not the same as Naturalizado. Which means that you actually obtain citizenship of Mexico. Not connected with your immigration status.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
I now have Inmagrante

Do you mean Inmigrado? I thought that was forever.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.