Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Reno weather to Bajaguy
RenoJoe
Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 07:59 AM
Reno weather to Bajaguy

Dec. 14th. 6:15 a.m. 22 degrees. should get up to 38 by 3pm.seems like Christmas but no snow,
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 08:08 AM
Ensenada weather

2 1/2 inches of rain here in Ensenada over the last 24 hours.

Temp this morning is 51 degrees.

Reno weather in the winter is why we are not there!!!!

Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 09:51 AM

Yeah Guy, I read that it's raining in San Felipe too. I'm still here in the Sierra though freezing my burro off.:no:

Why do Liberals insist and demand that achievers pay the way for nonachievers who are to lazy to succeed, or are just failures by their own choice?

Criminals prefer unarmed victims, dictators prefer unarmed subjects.

Why do ignorant people continue their blabbering when it only proves to others how stupid they are.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RenoJoe
Dec. 14th. 6:15 a.m. 22 degrees. should get up to 38 by 3pm.seems like Christmas but no snow,

Not too bad. Does Reno and/or Carson City (valley) get any fog in winter?? Gettin out of CA is becoming a priority for us.

Barry
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:

Not too bad. Does Reno and/or Carson City (valley) get any fog in winter?? Gettin out of CA is becoming a priority for us.

Barry

Barry.....sometimes during the winter we get what is known as "Pogonip", a very heavy fog with lots of moisture. Several years ago, it stuck around for about 3 weeks.

Cancelled several flights at the Reno airport, coated everything with white frost, like dipping everything in white frosting.

Have you looked at the Pahrump Valley area, between Death Valley and Las Vegas?????....about 60 miles to LV.

Although in the Reno/Carson City/Douglas County area we definately do get the four seasons!!!!

[Edited on 12-14-2012 by bajaguy]

Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Barry

Fog very occassionally, inversion sucks at times when there's no wind.

Why do Liberals insist and demand that achievers pay the way for nonachievers who are to lazy to succeed, or are just failures by their own choice?

Criminals prefer unarmed victims, dictators prefer unarmed subjects.

Why do ignorant people continue their blabbering when it only proves to others how stupid they are.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 11:03 AM

Thanks, guys. It's been years since we were thru Pahrump, but I have a friend that has lived there a long time, and he loves it. Good suggestion.

We have always been impressed with the Carson Valley and close environs------beautiful area, but getting crowded, but the infrastructure seems to be playing catch-up but making progress.

Lots to think about. Fog is depressing (to us), but if minimal not so bad.

Barry
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 11:13 AM

Barry.............not knowing what you want for a living area, you also might want to look at the Dayton Valley, just about 9 miles east of Carson City on Hwy 50.

Yeah, we are growing up...a COSTCO, a Trader Joe's, an In-n-Out, a 5 Guys and an Olive Garden!!!!!.....very seldom do we go to Reno anymore for shopping.

A lot of people find the fog depressing, but I like it. Great photo opportunities....I just throw another bag of pellets in the stove and fire up the hot chocolate with a splash of El Presidente Solara brandy.

I think Pahrump might get a dusting of snow, and it gets cold there in the winter.....also, major shopping is in Las Vegas, about an hour or so away.........but closer to Baja for you!!!!

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 11:44 AM

Wow, "Dayton Valley"--------great idea. We have NEVER covered the area immediately EAST of Carson City--------GREAT idea. We do go back and forth (N / S) to the Owens Valley many times a year thru Carson City as my son lives in Independence, CA. We like small towns with availability to some shopping (Carson City is perfect) so that is an excellent idea. We will definitely take a look the next time we go over the hill from Redding.

Thanks again.

Barry
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 11:53 AM

If your visit is between April and October, let me know. We can meet and have dinner at the JT Basque Restaurant in Gardnerville.....might even invite Bajajorge if he promises to use a fork and knife instead of his hands :lol:

bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 05:19 PM

I've lived in Gardnerville (Carson Valley) for a little over 15 years now and really love it here, not a big fan of the extreme cold but you get use to it. As for The Dayton Valley not one of my favorite places but to each his own, prices have really come down there at one time Lyon county was one of the fastest growing counties in the Nation.
As for the fog in our area its just not an issue, very very rare and its usually only in the early mornings and burns off within a few hours of sunrise.
Born and raised in Northern California, moving to Nevada was one of the smartest things Ive ever done and I wouldnt trade it for anyplace...except Baja but thats when I retire.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 05:35 PM

Thanks, BajaFreaks---------lower prices are always good, and being off the beaten track has always appealed to us since living in SoCal for 30 years prior to 45 years ago. Thanks for the testimony. You are right, that Fog situation does not sound that bad.

Just south of Gardnerville, just west of Hyway 395, there is a row of houses on a bluff overlooking the East Fork of the Carson River and the Res. that has always appealed to us, but we never see any of them up for sale.

Maybe we ALL can get together at the Basque restaurant for dinner some night-------seems to be quite a few NOMADS living in the area. :tumble:

We normally stay at THE PLAZA HOTEL in Carson City, just south of the Capitol building-----love that place, and the price is right, and some great restaurants within walking distance.

Barry
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2012 at 05:53 PM

Quote:
We normally stay at THE PLAZA HOTEL in Carson City, just south of the Capitol building-----love that place, and the price is right, and some great restaurants within walking distance. Barry

Like Red's Old 395 Grille!!!!! :lol:

jkruk
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2012 at 07:36 AM
Surrounded by NOMADS

Well the temp here this morning is 11 degrees .Live above all you flatlanders in the valley South Lake
baron
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2012 at 08:44 AM

Carson? Dayton? Gardnerville? If you like the wind all summer long..... blowin like a freight train EVERY afternoon incessantly ......... I might think of it being a good place to live.
California has it all...there is no state quite like it climate wise. Of course that is why we have so many people but there ARE places to hide out
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2012 at 09:19 AM
Sorry Baron

Wind doesn't blow every day. When it does, it clears out the valley.

If California is so great, why are more people moving out than people moving in?????. I left in 1974, nothing in that state including their givernment and taxes interests me.

Nevada has it's faults, but nothing as bad as California, and Nevada does not have a personal income tax.

[Edited on 12-15-2012 by bajaguy]

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2012 at 09:45 AM

Yep!!!! I am a third-generation Californio, but I have had enough of the anti-business policies. Love the Geography, but the politics & Govt. (reads taxes) is just off the chart left & dumb, IMO. When you over-tax something, you get less of it.

Time to move on.

Barry
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2012 at 10:08 AM

Same here with regards to California. Born and raised, but will relocate to another state within the next 2 years. Another year like this year with rising RE prices and we will sell out. (our Zip 2012 vs 2011 +22%)

Gardnerville and vicinity is on our shortlist too.

bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 12-15-2012 at 10:20 AM

Its nice having Calif. right next door its a beautiful state no doubt, but living there...not for me, it just doesnt make sence.
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 12-15-2012 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajafreaks
Its nice having Calif. right next door its a beautiful state no doubt, but living there...not for me, it just doesnt make sence.

I lived up hwy.88 near Jackson at Pinegrove Ca.I loved the area and it was a good place to live.But like everyone has said . after you retire you can no longer afford to live in Ca

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.