Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A public Declaration of Gratitude to Nomads
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 09:31 AM
A public Declaration of Gratitude to Nomads

It has come to my awareness that, unbeknownst to me, there has been a "behind the scenes"
effort on my behalf. This has come as a total surprise and has truly humbled me, for I have
been more of a lurker in recent years.
This effort was instigated by M, and has resulted in a fund I will use for medical/transportation
financial assistance. It was suggested that I go public with this declaration of gratitude
for there are many who wanted to remain anonymous...You know who you are. Just know that I am
floored by this and overwelmed by your generosity.

My apologies, Doug for taking up your board space and to those who are reading this and thinking,
"WTF is she talking about?" (I know this :lol: )

Now that "The cat is out of the bag", here's what's up. What I initially thought was a 20 yr. old neck injury resurfacing turned out to be something far more nefarious. I have some type of un-diagnosed neurological disorder (diagnosed as in what the condition is called - Cerebellar Ataxia. Un-diagnosed as to what is actually causing it..MRI ruled out stroke, tumor & Parkinson's and bloodwork points to an auto-immune disorder).

I can no longer drive, (sold my Jeep) and I sound like I've spent WAY too much time at the Margarita bar. However, my writing & thinking abilities are unaffected...it's strange how the brain works .... I've had to move in with my mother.

I'll stop here...thank you M, and thank you all...

With much love, appreciation & gratitude,

jeans

[Edited on 1-11-2013 by jeans]

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 12:31 PM

Jeans, I don't know you but I have just decided that you are a class act!!
Hope things work out for you in the long run...in the short run, run to the margarita bar...short term therapy....

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeans
It has come to my awareness that, unbeknownst to me, there has been a "behind the scenes"
effort on my behalf. This has come as a total surprise and has truly humbled me, for I have
been more of a lurker in recent years.
This effort was instigated by M, and has resulted in a fund I will use for medical/transportation
financial assistance. It was suggested that I go public with this declaration of gratitude
for there are many who wanted to remain anonymous...You know who you are. Just know that I am
floored by this and overwelmed by your generosity.

My apologies, Doug for taking up your board space and to those who are reading this and thinking,
"WTF is she talking about?" (I know this :lol:)

Now that "The cat is out of the bag", here's what up. What I initially thought was an old neck injury resurfacing turned out to be something far more nefarious. I have some type of un-diagnosed neurological disorder (diagnosed as in what the condition is called - Cerebral Ataxia. Un-diagnosed as to what is actually causing it..MRI ruled out stroke, tumor & Parkinson's and bloodwork points to an auto-immune disorder).

I no longer drive, (sold my Jeep) and I sound like I've spent WAY too much time at the margarita bar. However, my writing & thinking abilities are unafffected...it's strange how the brain works .... I've had to move in with my mother.

I'll stop here...thank you M, and thank you all...

With much love, appreciation & gratitude,

jeans

Mindy, We all live so far apart, and even years of absence doesn't matter, I know, we are family sharing a love of a great peninsula. Now that I'm 'free' and moving to Rosarito, I will be able to dedicate more time to the things important to ME. I think it's time we got the 'Baja Boojum Broads' back together, slap on the green face masks, get naked in the hot springs again and just enjoy, once more, everything that is good in Baja. (Suzanne, are you out there?) We are both a little beat up, but spirit and friendship will make many good things, happen. I too was overwhelmed at the generosity extended to you during this difficult time. Your a very special lady and many from the old 'Amigo' board and the currant Nomads have just proven that. God bless every one who contributed to help you out. This is a family, and like a family, there is bickering, b-tching and complaints. There is also friendship, a home base, amazing support and generosity and a wealth of information and help when called upon. Once settled in Rosarito (within the month), I am looking forward to giving this board and the people on it, another 'home base' and any support and help I can offer. I hope to once again, organize gatherings so that we can all meet and greet and tighten the bonds we already share. I hope you will join me in those efforts Mindy. My sincerest gratitude also to those that helped my friend during this incredibly difficult time for her. She's worth it. My sincerest thanks to her and her mother also for offering their garage for storage during my transition to becoming a Baja resident. My married life in Laguna Niguel is coming to an end very soon, but, with excitement and more than enough fear, I am living my dream to live on the peninsula that we all love. Perhaps then, I can take pen in hand again, and share some of the crazy experiences I have already encountered here. I'll see you soon Mindy.
BIG HUGS,
M:cool:

Looking for new adventures now; Always...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 02:04 PM

Quote:

"WTF is she talking about?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebellar_ataxia
jeans
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terry28
Jeans, I don't know you but I have just decided that you are a class act!!
Hope things work out for you in the long run...in the short run, run to the margarita bar...short term therapy....

Thank you, Terry28, I did splurge and had a margarita at La Fonda recently (since I was not driving). Taking a walker into a bar, then having a drink just seems wrong...but it tasted soooo good :spingrin:

M..... ditto ;D

jeans
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

"WTF is she talking about?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebellar_ataxia

See?!! I knew there was somebody think that..You just did some research.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 04:03 PM

best of luck with all your medical stuff and may it quickly become a thing of the past.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
jeans
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
best of luck with all your medical stuff and may it quickly become a thing of the past.

Thank you, BajaBlanca....just finding out what is causing this would help. Neurologist #5 referred me to UCSD because I was not "routine".

Well, I guess my tag line has come back to bite me.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 07:45 PM

We all hope that they figure it out and you improve! The Baja Nomads are a very good family, and we sometimes argue like family does, but we do take care of each other as best we can and in our own special way.

Get well amiga 'jeans'!!!:bounce::bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 1-11-2013 at 08:08 PM

Jeans, I have been off the board more than not these last few months, so in this moment of reading the news of disorder in your life just left me sitting here in true WTF mode. I really, really hope this is a temporary set back in your adventures and that some day you will again find your way back down the Peninsula and we can share time together. Be well My friend.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 1-12-2013 at 11:04 AM

Why do I so feel the pain of my cyber friends? I wish you all the best. We can (and do) get through this stuff. My hope for you and for myself is just for a little PEACE and the time (between Doctors) to enjoy my many blessings.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 1-12-2013 at 11:36 AM

Mindy, anytime, you have my number,k

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
jeans
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2013 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Why do I so feel the pain of my cyber friends?
I know exactly how you feel. Just because we may have never met some of our "family" we still get wrapped up in their lives (in my case, I have met a hundred or more at the partys we used to have)... the ache of despair when Eli lost her father (and Baja lost a Legend) and Sally lost her daughter .... the senselessness of what happened to BajaGringo, the edge-of-the-chair reporting about Dennis' recovery and I still remember Jesse tell the story of loosing his dog, Cookie Wet Nose...plus years of daily minutia that makes us all so very human.

Yes..We have a bonus family.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 1-12-2013 at 09:00 PM

So very, very sorry to hear of your problem amiga. Sending many prayers and well wishes your way...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.