BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: What...No place to greet new members?
Yellowtail_Fever

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 12:32 PM
What...No place to greet new members?

I'm new to the board and the first thing I went looking for was a place to meet and greet new members.:no:
I've joined the board so I can learn some of the little tidbits of info I'll need when I decide to buy a place down there and spend some time doing what I love...fishing and relaxing. I also love to meet new people and learn about how communities develope and how "community" develops in Baja.
Ive been making trips down twice a year for the last three years. I spend my time at a friends house in San Bruno and we slip at Santa Rosalia. We fish San Marcos and Tortuga. In fact, I'll be down on Feb 4th to do just that for our first trip of 2013.:spingrin:

Every trip I make to Baja is an adventure filled with discovery and treasure.
El Comadante Loco
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 12:46 PM

Welcome and enjoy:bounce:

I love to fish also and have a place in San Felipe and getting set up in Asuncion...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 12:47 PM

Welcome to BajaNomad, YF.
just pick out a forum that fits your needs and have at it.

FYI YF.....[couldn't resist that] ....most folks I know here just click on TODAY"S POSTS.....put that in their favorites and the board action will be presented to you as it unfolds....regardless of forum. Give that a try and welcome aboard.
Your Gift Pak....the BN decoder ring and directions for the secret handshake are in the mail. :biggrin:
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 12:50 PM

Welcome Yellowtail_Fever!!! This is a great source for info. This is a cross between a sandbox and a chicken coop. We will tend to kick sand and whine while we pick at each other:lol::lol::lol:
What kind of a boat do you have?

[Edited on 1-25-2013 by MMc]

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 12:55 PM

Yellow Tail:

There are many new and interesting places left in Baja especially in Baja Sur.

If you prefer yellowtail anywhere south of Mulege is open to great Fishing.

Del Fonso Island off of San Nicholas. South of Loreto from Agua Verde to La Paz has some very nice places to visit and Camp or go by Panga. It is still isolated, a little tough to get to

I hope that you speak Spanish That is a first as I am sure you have found out. Getting to know the People is a very good experience.
Just over look the negative Posts and you can get some good information.

Good Fishing!!

Skeet/Loreto.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 01:41 PM

Bienvenido YT Fever to the sandbox/coop....you did what is really nice to do...introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself...so far so good amigo! but it is a good idea to have a new kids on the block section! We look forward to your posts and new input here.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Welcome to BajaNomad, YF.
just pick out a forum that fits your needs and have at it.

FYI YF.....[couldn't resist that] ....most folks I know here just click on TODAY"S POSTS.....put that in their favorites and the board action will be presented to you as it unfolds....regardless of forum. Give that a try and welcome aboard.
Your Gift Pak....the BN decoder ring and directions for the secret handshake are in the mail. :biggrin:

welcome aboard

raccoons.jpg - 35kB
Yellowtail_Fever

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 02:32 PM

@ Dennis-Actually, that is why I joined the board. I heard the gift pack includes secret YT hot spots/GPS coords and the secret handshake so I can get double the fish in my tacos.
@ skeet- working on the Spanish
@MMc- My friend has a 23' Parker that stays trailerd down there when not in use and we get a slip at Sant Rosalia for the usual 10 days we stay. Have caught the usual YT, Sails, Marlin, Dorado, grouper, and may other species around that area.

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I feel all fuzzy now.

Over the next few years I'll be looking for a way to set up a place down there for at least part time occupation when I retire...in say 10-20 years. So I've got time to get started and make it what I need for now and later. For now it's simple...I've got fish for brains.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Yellowtail_Fever
Dennis-Actually, that is why I joined the board. I heard the gift pack includes secret YT hot spots/GPS coords and the secret handshake so I can get double the fish in my tacos.

Don't forget Woody's secret surf spots.....all "Members Only."
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 02:54 PM

Welcome aboard Baja Nomads, YT Fever.

Looking forward to your fishing reports from those very familiar places. I used to keep my old diesel FB slipped at the same marina when not gunkholing along the Cortez. Very fun times!

[Edited on 1-25-2013 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 02:57 PM

When I had my place it was all the beer you could drink.:lol::lol::lol: ain't that right Dennis.
Woody, will not give up his spots to just any member.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Yellowtail_Fever

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 03:43 PM

Those pics look like from before the storm. My friend used to slip his boat on that side until the storm filled it up with rocks. Now he uses the other side close to the PEMEX. He gets a good rate and the showers, pool, internet access are nice additions. We have no internet access at the house in San Bruno so the marina is our only access to the rest of the world...that we were trying to forget about anyway. Nice/smart to check weather before heading out.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MMc
When I had my place it was all the beer you could drink.:lol::lol::lol: ain't that right Dennis.
Woody, will not give up his spots to just any member.
fortunately after studying charts, maps and talking to locals these secret spots give themselves up if you know how to look for the telltale signs! :lol:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 03:59 PM

Welcome to Nomad... there are many forums, but not one specific for 'newbies'... The General Baja Discussion forum is perhaps the main one, with Trip Reports Forum and Photography forums being popular, as well.

As mentioned above, by clicking on 'Today's Posts' link (at the top of each page here) you will see the most recent threads (conversations) from all the Baja forums on Nomad... it actually goes back more than one day's worth of new posts and replies.

A great ice breaker is to tell us about yourself, what brings you to Baja, where you like to go, or where you want to know more about if you are new to Baja.

Baja Nomad Forums has been online in this format since 2002... so using the search feature will help you find threads of interest... but feel free to ask, and don't let the bullies chase you off... most Internet forums have them, and Nomad is no exception. The majority are great folks and will be happy to assist you! My personal area of interest is history, maps, four wheeling, photography... Welcome aboard!

[Edited on 1-25-2013 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
My personal area of interest is history, maps, four wheeling, photography... Welcome aboard!

You forgot "Book Sales." :lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 04:22 PM

Only books written by Baja Nomads! :lol:
Such as those by:

Mike Humfreville,
Greg Niemann,
Bernie Swaim,
Graham Mackintosh,
oh, and me... but I am just a co-author! ;)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 04:59 PM

We greet you with warmth Yellowtail_Fever

Have you ordered your BajaNomad uniform yet?

Graham Mackintosh books is a must get item*******

http://www.grahammackintosh.com/Pages/default.aspx

[Edited on 1-26-2013 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 06:56 PM

welcome welcome - so nice to see a new member

come over and introduce yourself, we are not so far away.

come see us here in la bocana and from here head north about 1.5 hours to meet and greet all the bajanomaders that live there, esp. Shari.

We have lived here in La Bocana 7 years. full time. and we came because of the weather (Pacific usually never gets too hot) and the fishing.

welcome !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 07:11 PM

Mil abrazos, YT fever!

YT's are hitting hard right now in Los Barriles.

Don't feel bad about Nomad get-togethers.
It took me about a year before I met any Nomads, and I'm still meeting them.
Every time I head South I arrange to meet more Nomads.
Just let the board know when and where you are going, offer to bring stuff from the states, and arrange for the meeting.

We drive to Cabo as well as fly, and have been doing it for 40+ years. WE regularly head to the Ensenada area, Bahia Asunción, San Ignacio, La Paz, Todos Santos, La Ribera.
Plus we are getting ready to move South in a few months.

Enjoy your membership here!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 07:14 PM

look forward to some of your fish tales. last week in Asuncion:

Got Crabs?:lol:

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.