Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Border Collie Lost (km 88 South of Mulege) UPDATED WITH PIC
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 08:57 AM
Border Collie Lost (km 88 South of Mulege) UPDATED WITH PIC

Not my dog. Lost classified posted on Craig's List

Our 5 year old border collie disappeared today and we are heartbroken. He was wearing his collar with his name and my number Seamus Canady. Please email me if you find him. The number is my cell phone and it only works in the US. The number on the collar is 804-380-8760. Thank you for your help.

http://bajasur.en.craigslist.com.mx/laf/3655305592.html

[Edited on 3-3-2013 by Wally]
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 09:09 AM

One thing to note, if you ever lose your dog, leave something with your scent on it, like an old shirt, at the location you last saw the dog. Most of the time a dog will return and wait at that spot.
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 10:50 AM

Headed that way today. Will stop at all coves and look.
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2013 at 10:43 AM

Possible very sad news for you. I was just told from our friends who drove to Mulege and back that there is a dead black/white dog on the highway at Km. 80. They couldn't see if it was wearing a collar.
I'm so sorry.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2013 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
Possible very sad news for you. I was just told from our friends who drove to Mulege and back that there is a dead black/white dog on the highway at Km. 80. They couldn't see if it was wearing a collar.
I'm so sorry.

This is terrible news, but I would rather endure the pain of bad news than forever wonder what happened.
I pray for the best.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 3-5-2013 at 06:11 PM
My Heart Hurts for You

I hope that the dog on the road is not your beloved companion.

Border collies are very smart - tops in IQ intelligence tests he/she may be exploring.

I wish you all the best.

GJ

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2013 at 06:23 PM

.......what a shame.,even if the dog is only lost,,,

........Baja can be a -very- tough place for gringo-dogs!
.................piles of irresistable fish-guts
.................coyotes that quietly circle a camp,,then let-loose their -waiiiiil- all at once!
...............then you go for a 'break' in town,,,and those Baja-cats don't care to move when you chase 'em down,,,they just stare you in the eyes!!-humiliating!!!
............all seen through my dog's experience in baja:wow:
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2013 at 08:18 PM
KM 86.1

just north of the Cadaje Bridge I and II and the turnout marking the border between Mulege and Loreto counties...

I found the dog's body mentioned by friends of Marla D. I stopped and walked back to the body. I cannot tell definitively that this dog is or is not the missing dog. Many things would lead one to believe it might be. It was a black long-haired collie-type dog with white markings and back feet. However, it did not have a collar and appeared to be a female, not male, dog. It appeared to have died several days ago.

I gently examined the body, and sent a prayer for this animals's spirit out over the Sea of Cortez as I moved its body over the guardrail and securely off the roadside. Had the collar been on the dog I'd have removed it for its owners.

I'll contact the people in the craigslist notice with my findings. To lose a beloved pet while traveling is a dreadful experience. I wish my findings were more conclusive, as I'm sure they want closure.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2013 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
I found the dog's body mentioned by friends of Marla D. I stopped and walked back to the body.

A heartfelt effort to assist with closure. Had to be difficult. Good try anyway.
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2013 at 10:40 AM

There are remarkably kind and caring Baja Nomads. Going to find
and check out a dead dog in hopes of giving the owner closure is just one example. Thank you for your good work.
pangamadness
Nomad

Mood: Under H20

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 08:31 PM

Sorry to ask but how was the dog lost? Always a big fear of mine. That is just past the turn to San Nicolas. Sorry for your loss.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
just north of the Cadaje Bridge I and II and the turnout marking the border between Mulege and Loreto counties...

I found the dog's body mentioned by friends of Marla D. I stopped and walked back to the body. I cannot tell definitively that this dog is or is not the missing dog. Many things would lead one to believe it might be. It was a black long-haired collie-type dog with white markings and back feet. However, it did not have a collar and appeared to be a female, not male, dog. It appeared to have died several days ago.

I gently examined the body, and sent a prayer for this animals's spirit out over the Sea of Cortez as I moved its body over the guardrail and securely off the roadside. Had the collar been on the dog I'd have removed it for its owners.

I'll contact the people in the craigslist notice with my findings. To lose a beloved pet while traveling is a dreadful experience. I wish my findings were more conclusive, as I'm sure they want closure.

What you did was so very special --- very special.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.