Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: GREETINGS, and, lo siento
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 3-9-2013 at 05:55 PM
GREETINGS, and, lo siento

Dear friends, I am writing a whole tale of my 'Baja adventures' to date, BUT, I have had, SERIOUS problems getting connected here. I have had my 'geek' here, MANY times about, WHY, I cannot stay connected with Wi-FI. As a mater of fact, He said, he's coming with a priest next time!
He's standing at my side now, so, I cannot continue now, but, will very soon, just as soon as the excorcist leaves. Promise. Actually, I love my home, the people and even the mutts that swarm my castle.
I will post, ASAP. I have to go now,
M

Looking for new adventures now; Always...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2013 at 06:12 PM

We were wondering. Talked at length about it over coffee this morning.
Yep....that's what we did........talked about it over coffee. Folgers...I think it was. Good 'n Hot Folgers Coffee. [I spilled a little bit on my shoe]

[Edited on 3-10-2013 by DENNIS]
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 3-9-2013 at 07:00 PM

My travels throughout Baja have documented the problems I have had with internet connections, and in particular with the INFINITUM routers.

I don't think I'll take a priest with me next time South.

However...

purportedly the best of the connections seem to be the ones that connect directly to a phone line instead of someone's router.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-9-2013 at 07:07 PM
Routers

On my third INFINITUM router in less than 6 months, however the internet works, the phone doesn't :fire:

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 3-9-2013 at 07:24 PM
Router

We replaced ours a while back it acts worse than the old one i wonder what the problem is.:?::?:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-9-2013 at 10:50 PM

We have the same problem, often.

All routers cant be bad. I think it's a lack of bandwidth on the Telmex system and the interruptions are due to sharing of the bandwidth. It's DSL, after all.

But, what do I know..................

cabobaja
Nomad

Mood: Smiling

[*] posted on 3-10-2013 at 08:24 AM

Have INFINITUM at office in Todos and at home. Very fast and have never
had a problem. Guess I'm lucky!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2013 at 09:09 AM

We have a good connection here as well in la bocana

but every so often the signal goes POOF both for phone and internet

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 3-11-2013 at 02:01 PM

The closer a BCS connection is to La Paz, the better. Even though a fiber optic cable runs the full length of the peninsula, it connects at La Paz, the ISP. The longer the microwave link to La Paz the worse the system performs.

Carlos Slim is bound and determined to become the first Trillionaire before he dies. "They" need to open this market up and run a few tens of thousands of miles of new fiber optic lines and the same number of connections to the optic system. Slim is charging the same DOLLAR amount as premium service in the USA using cheap labor and dirt cheap property prices. I hope the @#$%! gets to shake St Pedro's hand very very soon.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2013 at 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
The closer a BCS connection is to La Paz, the better. Even though a fiber optic cable runs the full length of the peninsula, it connects at La Paz, the ISP. The longer the microwave link to La Paz the worse the system performs.

Carlos Slim is bound and determined to become the first Trillionaire before he dies. "They" need to open this market up and run a few tens of thousands of miles of new fiber optic lines and the same number of connections to the optic system. Slim is charging the same DOLLAR amount as premium service in the USA using cheap labor and dirt cheap property prices. I hope the @#$%! gets to shake St Pedro's hand very very soon.

http://news.yahoo.com/mexico-moves-against-tv-telephone-tyco...

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2013 at 03:42 PM

Quote:
I hope the @#$%! gets to shake St Pedro's hand very very soon.

Big fan of his, eh David?
Just an FYI........they're putting in fibre optics out here right now.
Price to consumer to be discussed as soon as Carlos gets back from the Jihad Jamboree.
M
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2013 at 11:28 AM
PHONE LINE????

I ain't got no stinking phone line! Not one jack in the place! Yeah, It sucks. I'm 1/4 mi. up the hill from Mindy, in Teraza Del Mar.
That 1/4 mile leaves me sans, No phone, No city water, I have a pila for purchased, EXPENSIVE river water, (DO NOT DRINK) I didn't know that. City water IS potable. I got up 2AM for a nice tall drink. Next day....welll, there were some...problems. Lot's and LOT'S of, problems.
I use a Magic Jack that works, well, when IT FEELS like it. I'm told, I must get the M.J. PLUSS. It plugs into the modem rather than the USB. My computer shuts down after a while. Then, so does MJ.
Oh, cBy the way? There were 2 different men here, 4 days in a row, each higher on the food chain in the Wi-Fi game. FINALLY, THE BIG GUY, from SAN DIEGO came here, it took 14 seconds to tell me the Laguna Niguel address I gave, is 6 miles off thier radar! I have 1 computer for internet. WI FI? FORGET IT! I'm told NONE of the 3 WORKING modems I brought here were working. B.S! I'm supposed to buy a new one. AGAIN! from them, at $60. Ya know, enough is enough. Since I came here, I bought a wash/dryer, a stove and a side by side fridge. My first time using them, the dryer quit working. The guy came out, pulled one of my VERY personal thongs out from where the FILTER should have been, BUT, was NOT! It jammed the drum. I had to go to town, and pick up the filter myself!
Oh, did I mention I didn't have power for 4 days? I came home one day, and my geraniums looked toasted! my front yard, I thought was hit by a Howlitzer. Naw.. It seems the builder was a bit lazy, digging the line DEEP enough. A biblical rain and BOOOOOM!!!!! Over 4 days, rewiring the house, I'm juiced up again.
Oh, did I mention, castles are VERY drafty? COLD as hell. It seems, the builders did NOT bother using cured wood. Nope, they did not! As the wood dried, 1/8 to 1/4 inch gaps were slit in the door itself. AND, shrinking up as green wood does, there are 1/2 inch gaps all around the door and window frames. Solution? the 'handy person' came with half inch wide stick on insulation tape, that he put around the jams, BUT, literally, it was like peeing in a fan. Wind and rain BLEW into my home as I KNEW it was still going to from all sides. My spanglish FAILED to make him, 'Get it'. I needed wood, ADDED to the doors.
My realter has had men here EVERY day since I got here. He said, "Screw a priest, I'm bringing a Shaman next time." Lol.
Nuff said.
NOW, it's getting warmer, let the good times roll.
OH! let me just throw it out there, to the peanut gallery, if you mention me, and, 'victim', in the same sentence again, lets do lunch. I have a b-tch slap in mind.

BIG HUGS Udo.
M

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
My travels throughout Baja have documented the problems I have had with internet connections, and in particular with the INFINITUM routers.

I don't think I'll take a priest with me next time South.

However...

purportedly the best of the connections seem to be the ones that connect directly to a phone line instead of someone's router.
:lol::lol:

M
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2013 at 11:35 AM
LOL, AMEN SISTER!

I'm at a loss as to how ANY of this wiring stuff works, clearly, they SMELL my fear. CLEARLY, they SMELL my wallet. Lol...Gotta love em.....or, kill em.
Hugs, M

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:

http://news.yahoo.com/mexico-moves-against-tv-telephone-tyco...

M
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2013 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
I hope the @#$%! gets to shake St Pedro's hand very very soon.

Big fan of his, eh David?
Just an FYI........they're putting in fibre optics out here right now.
Price to consumer to be discussed as soon as Carlos gets back from the Jihad Jamboree.

LOLOLOLll. You juist KILL me Dennis!

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 3-14-2013 at 11:51 AM

Hang in there, M, it can only get better!
When do you go to the doctor again?
Neal

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 3-14-2013 at 12:12 PM
faith-based wireless service?

someone mentioned a priest. perhaps you need to go to a higher source. since MX is a catholic country, thought this would be helpful... and, yes, I'm a "confirmed" Catholic, thanks to the hard work of the sisters. but I lost the lottery at birth to have a chance to rise within the ranks.

how to become a pope

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-14-2013 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by M
.... let me just throw it out there, to the peanut gallery, if you mention me, and, 'victim', in the same sentence again, lets do lunch. I have a b-tch slap in mind. ...
M

M,
What kind of response are you looking for here?

Sounds like you are pretty frustrated with how things are going/not going for you :(

Directing physical threats to other Nomads may not endear your plight to some.....

Good luck with it all.

Don't believe everything you think....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2013 at 12:41 PM

How about a cell phone....and a water filter?
M
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2013 at 05:22 PM
HELLO H.I.W.

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns
Hang in there, M, it can only get better!
When do you go to the doctor again?
Neal

I'm leaving here Sat night about 3AM. Any advice? Any time better?
I have an apt in the states on Monday or Tues. I PRAY!

I'm doing too much. Hurting too much these last few day's, BUT,You can't tie me down,.....Well, unless I want you too :P
BIG HUGS TO YOU NEAL, and that darn adorable #1 Wife.
M

M
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2013 at 05:32 PM
OH SERIOUSLY!!!

It's JUST BAJA after all. It's so rediculous, it's really become hilarious! How can it Not? What am I gonna do? Rage? Forget it. It's not worth it. My point is, I've taken a bit of rudeness here, and my heart is ALWAYS good. Most know that. When I toss a bit back, the peanuts just get thier panties in a knot. They can throw it...............but, they don't do well taking it. My comment about B-slap, was tongue in cheeck. LIGHTEN UP!

Now, it's getting gorgeous, seasons coming. LETS HAVE SOME FUIN!
M

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
Originally posted by M
.... let me just throw it out there, to the peanut gallery, if you mention me, and, 'victim', in the same sentence again, lets do lunch. I have a b-tch slap in mind. ...
M

M,
What kind of response are you looking for here?

Sounds like you are pretty frustrated with how things are going/not going for you :(

Directing physical threats to other Nomads may not endear your plight to some.....

Good luck with it all.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.