BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Which hospital is best in Baja?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-2-2013 at 07:57 PM
Which hospital is best in Baja?

I received a message the other day wanting advice on which hospital in the Ensenada area is the best? If you are willing to pay the price, you will most definitely get faster service for your buck at the private hospitals. If however, you don't have a good amount to shell out, and you have Seguro Popular, you can get the necessary attention at the General Hospital. The best hospital, is always the closest and the one that can get you the fastest attention. The person that wrote me stated his friend needed facial sutures. If the cut isn't too deep, physicians in Mexico are actually opting out for a Crazy Glue compound to prevent scarring in the case of children especially on their faces. If it is a dire emergency, go to the nearest hospital period. However, if you think you might be having a heart attack or stroke, a specialized cardiac hospital like Cardiomed is your best bet. However, your credit card will be requested upon admission, and you won't be able to leave without paying your bill. But if you need a cardiac artery opened up, they can do that for you within the hour or so needed to save the heart muscle. A stitch in time saves nine.
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 4-2-2013 at 08:37 PM

Advice well taken, Janene.
Muchisima gracias.

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 09:47 AM

De Nada, Loretana!!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 03:30 PM

Thanks for answering my question Ensenada Dr. Yeah, we ended up using some sort of crazy glue substance and it worked quite well!

Thanks again for the info and I hope to never need it!

If I get a second I'll try posting a picture of the injury.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 03:33 PM

New Skin is just krazy glue. everyone should have some and also have a grip on First Aid.

edit: Neptune forbid, but for me the best hospital in Baja is the closest one.....;D

[Edited on 4-3-2013 by woody with a view]

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 03:40 PM
Hope your didn't look as bad as this

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Thanks for answering my question Ensenada Dr. Yeah, we ended up using some sort of crazy glue substance and it worked quite well!

Thanks again for the info and I hope to never need it!

If I get a second I'll try posting a picture of the injury.

Crazy glue was out for my brothers recent cerebal hemorage treatment. Took close to 100 staples.

[Edited on 4-3-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 04:00 PM

DAMN! best wishes to your bro, "zipperhead!!!"

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 04:01 PM

Holy moly Bob, that was a needed ER visit for sure!!!

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 04:04 PM

Here's a photo of my buddy who took a surfboard tail to the skull during last last weekend's South swell at Gaviotas. This picture doesn't do it justice and the bandage completely covers the area. It went from left to right and was pretty deep. A nice flapping bundle of skin. We glued it together then pulled it together, after washing and cleaning it of course. I wanted to take him home to get some stitches but he refused. He got zero waves the rest of the trip.

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 04:58 PM

I've had to unfortunately visit several Mexican emergency rooms and from the tiniest periferico clinica to the largest they jumped on my emergency with humbling speed. I cut a thumb badly trying to catch a falling can of peaches with a partially opened lid "Ouch!" and required cinco puntas. I was being sewed within 5 minutes. Went to a hospital with heart symptoms and within 30 seconds I was connected to an electrocardiogram. I got a piece of grit embedded deeply in a cornea in 1988 and suffered a ride from Mulege to Constitucion. Within 3 minutes a skilled surgeon ran a HYPODERMIC NEEDLE across my numbed eye and scooped out the rust chunk.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 4-4-2013 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I received a message the other day wanting advice on which hospital in the Ensenada area is the best? If you are willing to pay the price, you will most definitely get faster service for your buck at the private hospitals. If however, you don't have a good amount to shell out, and you have Seguro Popular, you can get the necessary attention at the General Hospital. The best hospital, is always the closest and the one that can get you the fastest attention. The person that wrote me stated his friend needed facial sutures. If the cut isn't too deep, physicians in Mexico are actually opting out for a Crazy Glue compound to prevent scarring in the case of children especially on their faces. If it is a dire emergency, go to the nearest hospital period. However, if you think you might be having a heart attack or stroke, a specialized cardiac hospital like Cardiomed is your best bet. However, your credit card will be requested upon admission, and you won't be able to leave without paying your bill. But if you need a cardiac artery opened up, they can do that for you within the hour or so needed to save the heart muscle. A stitch in time saves nine.

I recently had an Inguinal Hernia Repair done here in Northern California. It was a Laparoscopic procedure, and because the holes the surgeon made were small, they used that Super Glue type stuff instead of any bandages. It worked well. It eventually wears off at just the right time of healing.

The main reason I am reporting this is; I would not recommend a lay person to use "Krazy Glue" or "Super Glue" on wounds. What the surgeons use is, for sure, a glue, but it is formulated especially for wounds.

The good news for me (not you :lol: ) is that I still have a beau-u-u-u-tiful abdomen rather than a freaky Frankenstein zipper. :O Also, it is fun to pick off while watching TV or contemplating your navel. :O:spingrin:
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-4-2013 at 11:54 AM

The best hospital is the one you never need!!!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2013 at 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
The main reason I am reporting this is; I would not recommend a lay person to use "Krazy Glue" or "Super Glue" on wounds.

I have a Dremel Tool and right in the instructions and disclaimers, it says, "Not to be used for dentistry." :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yew4E_xNCQA
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-5-2013 at 12:18 PM

Screeeeeeeeeeee - eeeeeeyahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Smell the cooked tooth enamel.

YYYRRRCCCHHH!!!

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2013 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Screeeeeeeeeeee - eeeeeeyahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Smell the cooked tooth enamel.

YYYRRRCCCHHH!!!

Jeeeezo...that hurt just to read it. :o
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2013 at 08:08 AM

Quote:
The good news for me (not you :lol: ) is that I still have a beau-u-u-u-tiful abdomen rather than a freaky Frankenstein zipper.

Tony, don't you know chicks dig scars? next time bring the can opener!!!:lol:

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 4-6-2013 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:
The good news for me (not you :lol: ) is that I still have a beau-u-u-u-tiful abdomen rather than a freaky Frankenstein zipper.

Tony, don't you know chicks dig scars? next time bring the can opener!!!:lol:

Of course! What was I thinking?:?::lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.