BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  7
Author: Subject: CPB Pressure Cookers Being Siezed
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 04:31 PM
CPB Pressure Cookers Being Siezed

This ain't a good time to bring your pressure cooker home according to a friend who entered at El Paso / Cd. Juarez. His buddy who was also secondaried, had a cooker and canning stuff in his motorhome. CPB confiscated the pressure cooker but not the cases of canned jars of mangoes and fish (from the Caribbean). Secondhand info said the CBP officer said pressure cookers coming the other way would be seized as well. This is getting kinda stupid. I guess some areas have USA inspections looking for guns or money coming into Mexico. Ah man I had plans to buy one in the states.

I can just see it:

"Sorry sir! Electric wire, cookware, butane cylinders, alarm clocks, cellular phones, nails, ball bearings, and every other device or item that can conceivably be used to build an explosive device is now being confiscated".

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 04:37 PM

Reminds me of a time at the San Diego Co Fair,
they were confiscating pocket knifes at the
entry, while inside the fair, in one of the big tents,
all sorts of knives, cutlery were sold
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 04:40 PM

How long before baseball bats are confiscated? It took this bunch in office to turn the Patriot Act against the people it was made to protect. Who was it that said if a government says you must give up some liberty for your security, you will loose both?

edited to remove the bats vs. guns comparison I was mistaken on, per Willardguy.

[Edited on 4-18-2013 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 04:43 PM

DUMB DUMB DUMB....Next they will outlaw Marathons because they cause bombings...I am so glad I live in Baja!

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
How long before baseball bats (which kill more people than guns) are confiscated? It took this bunch in office to turn the Patriot Act against the people it was made to protect. Who was it that said if a government says you must give up some liberty for your security, you will loose both?

Patriot Act, David it was the invention of your Gang of thief's.and Is operating just the way they planned itit was never intended to protect you or your rights
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 04:55 PM

since when are they illegal? i'd demand payment from the turds...

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
How long before baseball bats (which kill more people than guns) are confiscated? It took this bunch in office to turn the Patriot Act against the people it was made to protect. Who was it that said if a government says you must give up some liberty for your security, you will loose both?
david,david,david, ARE YOU SERIOUS?:lol::lol:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/baseballbats.asp
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.

Patriot Act, David it was the invention of your Gang of thief's

Indeed, DK conveniently left out the authors of the Patriot
Act, but who cares about FACTS
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Patriot Act, David it was the invention of your Gang of thief's.and Is operating just the way they planned itit was never intended to protect you or your rights

Really? Well, when I was around (living in here the USA) during the Bush years, we were safe and still free after the Patriot Act, and we citizens were not made to feel like criminals if we wanted to protect ourselves with guns or ammo purchasing. We also could take a pressure cooker with us anywhere we wanted. :light:

It was the left that screamed we would lose freedom under the act, but it is the left that is taking away our freedoms.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
david,david,david, ARE YOU SERIOUS?:lol::lol:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/baseballbats.asp

Thank you, if your link is correct, then I am happy to go with the truth, as always! Still doesn't change my question... regardless of how many bats are used to murder people.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
CPB confiscated the pressure cooker

you people are so gullible!

a friend of a friend said,... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:24 PM

Edit -- Looks like Willardguy beat me to it. Didn't mean to pile on.

By the way, the name you're looking for is Benjamin Franklin.

[Edited on 4-18-2013 by DanO]

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Really? Well, when I was around (living in here the USA) during the Bush years, we were safe and still free after the Patriot Act, and we citizens were not made to feel like criminals if we wanted to protect ourselves with guns or ammo purchasing. We also could take a pressure cooker with us anywhere we wanted. :light:

It was the left that screamed we would lose freedom under the act, but it is the left that is taking away our freedoms.

David,, you crack me up,, do you remember or have you forgotten 911, who's watch was that under, and again the Patriot Act,, golly gee, was this under Bush, I am sure you will blame it on Obama
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:34 PM

C'mon folks. Stop picking on DK's "illogic ". As was said, don't point out the facts that get in the way of his victim-rants.

Geedubbya did such a good job of protecting everybody's "rights"...he invented false reasons (as if he was responsible for ANY governance.....puppets can't move on their own) for a war that only needlessly killed a lot of Americans....and others.

My prediction is that the Boston nightmare is the doings of an American terrorist individual or group that is likely at the right side of the political spectrum....Timothty McVey type thinking, perhaps.

But I have been wrong before....we are all waiting to see the whodunnit info.

The horror of the situation isn't losing a cooking pot at the border.....the horror is the loss of life and limb. I don't think that the Democrats are to blame for that....

Don't believe everything you think....
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
CPB confiscated the pressure cooker

you people are so gullible!

a friend of a friend said,... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
it must be true, I read it on the internet. uh bonjour!
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:41 PM

motoged

The horror of the situation isn't losing a cooking pot at the border.....the horror is the loss of life and limb. I don't think that the Democrats are to blame for that....

I would bet you a couple of beers DK will try to convince us other wise
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:46 PM

You see....the problem with the confiscated pressure cooker is that it holds too much food. They should have had the smaller version. After all, who needs that much pot roast??? :lol:
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 05:49 PM

David, blunt objects kill more Americans in America than RIFLES. RIFLES David, not guns in general. Your statement is a bald faced politically motivated lie on the it's face. Here are the statistics from the FBI for 2011. Total people killed by any kind of gun 8583. Total killed by RIFLES 323, total killed by blunt objects, 496.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/c...

Is 496 a greater number than 8583? If it is not, then just please apologize for your immaturity and remain essentially quiet until you know what you are talking about.

And you have got to be the last wing nut on the planet who will still defend George W. Bush!

Stick to missions and naming islands, you're good at that.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh Amigos, I just get sick and tired of people telling lies to support any political position.

edit to remove an error.

[Edited on 4-18-2013 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
You see....the problem with the confiscated pressure cooker is that it holds too much food. They should have had the smaller version. After all, who needs that much pot roast??? :lol:

I think you got the Pot right,, just leave out the roast

I think they forgot to mention that little fact
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:08 PM

When one opens mouth and inserts (political) foot, you'd think one would not be able to say more...stuffed mouth and all. :light: But, NO-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-! Wingnut can still flap his lips. :rolleyes:
I predict this thread will become much longer than it should be. Pressure cookers let off steam, and shrapnel too. BLOWhard. Er, I mean blow HARD. :spingrin:

Pages:  1    3  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.