Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Bajamar?
yellow281
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 02:15 PM
Bajamar?

We don't appear to be able to get past this broadband issue in CSL and as its a deal breaker for us, we're looking North. We have friends that have a place in Bajamar that they use on a seasonal basis. I wondered if anyone else had thoughts on the area, internet speeds, safety, life in general there etc?

Thanks!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 02:35 PM

Bajamar is a classy development with good security. They also have two [or is it three?] golf courses.
It's not too far from the La Mision area...La Fonda...Poco Cielo and other cool places.
As far as landline phones, I don't know for sure, but that should be easy enough to research.

Their site shows a couple of San Diego area codes, but give them a call:

http://www.bajamar.com/
yellow281
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 02:36 PM

I appreciate your quick response Dennis - thank you!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 02:43 PM

Glad I could help.
Another thing.....It's close to the famed Wine Country from the back road which, from La Mision, comes out in San Antonio de Las Minas and puts you on the road to Guadalupe Valley.
Stay thirsty, my friends.
Dave
Elite Nomad

lol.gif posted on 5-2-2013 at 03:09 PM
Boom!

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Bajamar is a classy development with good security. They also have two [or is it three?] golf courses.

And conveniently located next to the Sempra LNG regasification plant.

yellow281
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 03:13 PM

I have no idea what that means =)
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 03:14 PM

Telmex is the main carrier of "banda ancha" (broadband) here in Baja. Perhaps all of Mexico.

I have the 5 Mbps package and I can't imagine anyone needing more than that unless your going to operate a multi-PC operation with high demands.

I can keep open multiple internet pages, Yahoo chat and video and play tiddlywinks, all at the same time without a glitch.
And all this with being 90 miles from the nearest banda ancha output.
And to top this off, I rarely have any connection problems....it is "always on"

Los Cabos surely has Telmex and the banda ancha packages.
Assuming that speed and reliability are your concerns.

If 5 Mbps is not enough.....they do offer a step up to 10 Mbps at additional costs.

http://www.telmex.com/mx/hogar/internet/banda-ancha.html

[Edited on 5-2-2013 by DaliDali]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

And conveniently located next to the Sempra LNG regasification plant.

It inspires people to come to terms with their own mortality. :biggrin:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 03:57 PM

Yeah, the Broadand issue is a non issue here in Mulege..I have Telmex, and more BW than I could ever use..Same thing always on, seldom down..Cant imagine .....

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yellow281
We don't appear to be able to get past this broadband issue in CSL and as its a deal breaker for us, we're looking North. We have friends that have a place in Bajamar that they use on a seasonal basis. I wondered if anyone else had thoughts on the area, internet speeds, safety, life in general there etc?

Thanks!

Are you looking to buy, rent or lease?????.....do you play golf???

Bajamar is ok, however you are between Rosarito and Ensenada and will probably have to drive 25/30 minutes on the toll road each direction and return to do any shopping, go to the movies or medical care.....that gets old (and expensive) after a while.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 05:04 PM

Would you send some of your leftovers to Bahia Asunción?

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Yeah, the Broadand issue is a non issue here in Mulege..I have Telmex, and more BW than I could ever use..Same thing always on, seldom down..Cant imagine .....

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what that means =)

Sempra's LNG (liquified natural gas) plant right around the corner from Bajamar, where the stuff is stored in huge tanks. Sempra's CEO allegedly built himself a nice little cottage out there. It comes with $60,000 in mattresses personally selected by him, so he must be getting some serious R&R when he's down there.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/13/ex-exec-says-semp...

Anyway, it's not that the location of the LNG plant should be any consideration. Lots of folks live in San Clemente, just up the road from the San Onofre nuclear power plant, which is totally safe.

:tumble:

[Edited on 5-3-2013 by DanO]

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 05:29 PM

bet you'll prefer bajamar come july/august! :light:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 05:33 PM

UDO? Sent you some BW today, via Correo..Plain brown wrapper...:lol:

yellow281
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 05:52 PM

Yes, I need a minimum of 10mbps download and upload (more importantly) of 256kbps minimum. We have a US based business that requires multi line VOIP phones and video conferencing and broadband has to be speedy. It actually amazed me that Cabo's broadband is so poor. Northern Baja has much better speeds it seems. I would have LOVED CSL but saying goodbye to my monthly income is not an option =)

[Edited on 5-3-2013 by yellow281]
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 07:00 PM
Check Out Bajamar by Staying at the Hotel

I haven't heard anything recent, but in the past, there were several complaints about extremely bright lights at night at the Sempra plant, open ducts conducting gas to Tijuana posing an explosion danger and there was a dangerous fire there about five years ago that was barely contained. The Ensenada fire department did not have the equipment or manpower to handle this situation and Sempra was blamed for not maintaining adequate safety response services on its property.

Sempra has been involved in multi-million dollar lawsuits for the last several years that point at greedy, short term executive management who took the money and hopped out on the golden parachute.

That being said, Telnor is the land line service provider to Bajamar and they have English speaking customer assistance that can inform you about internet services available.

http://www.telnor.com/hogar

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
I haven't heard anything recent, but in the past, there were several complaints about extremely bright lights at night at the Sempra plant, open ducts conducting gas to Tijuana posing an explosion danger and there was a dangerous fire there about five years ago that was barely contained. The Ensenada fire department did not have the equipment or manpower to handle this situation and Sempra was blamed for not maintaining adequate safety response services on its property.

Sempra has been involved in multi-million dollar lawsuits for the last several years that point at greedy, short term executive management who took the money and hopped out on the golden parachute.

Apart from that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 01:14 PM
To Quote the Late, Great Roger Ebert

"I had a colonoscopy once, and they let me watch it on TV. It was more entertaining..."

:P

[Edited on 5-3-2013 by Gypsy Jan]

—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
yellow281
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 01:31 PM

I would LOVE to have a conversation with TelMex but I cannot reach them from Canada. I have tried every which way to get a local number for TelMex or one I can dial from here. If anyone has one, please let me have it. Or if you know how to call TelMex from outside of Mexico.. again, please, please!

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
I would have LOVED CSL but saying goodbye to my monthly income is not an option =)
If as you mentioned somewhere else, price is not a problem, I would be amazed if you can't get what you want in CSL-- that's a major focal point for Telmex infrastructure. You may have to go beyond/around the standard Prodigy consumer packages, though. If you haven't had an in-depth conversation with the service reps at Telmex, I bet they'd be more than happy to take your money for a satisfactory product. :biggrin:
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 01:36 PM
Contact TelMex USA

Hope that this link helps you out:

http://www.telmexusa.com/us/carrier_ds.html

—Mark Twain

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.