Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: CFE RAISING RATES
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 07:07 PM
CFE RAISING RATES

Mexico City. May electricity prices will be 8.4% higher than in April. The Federal Electricity Commision (CFE) explained, the residential sector that uses the most energy will be charged the High Domestic Consumption rate (DAC) at $3 pesos per kilowatt/hour (Kw/h). The industrial sector rate is at $0.9959 pesos and $1.7090 during peak hours. In April the kilowatt was more affordable at $0.9188 and $1.6356 pesos respectively.

The methodology that was first used in 2011 incited that in the electricity price agreement for the next 12 months the Ministry of Finance (SHCP) allowed this increase in high and medium voltage and high consumption user CFE rates.

According to CFE, regular residential rates remain the same and only around 500,000 high consumption and commercial meters will be affected by the changes. In the country there are 36.7 million clients, of which 88% are residential, 9.93% commercial, and 2.07% agricultural and industrial users, these latter being the highest energy consuming group.

CFE explained that the spike in charges is due to the decrease of natural gas used for generating electricity caused by lack of crude oil in Pemex pipelines for which fuel oil was used during the past 18 months. In 2011 fuel oil was priced at $9.74 pesos the liter, in 2012 $8.75 pesos and in 2013 $8.78 pesos. Prices are expected to remain high.

CFE assured that once the natural gas supply to power plants normalizes and fuel oil use is reduced the price of electricity will be reflected in it.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
CFE assured that once the natural gas supply to power plants normalizes and fuel oil use is reduced the price of electricity will be reflected in it.

:lol: Mexicans don't believe anything their government says and I doubt this BS will be any different.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2013 at 06:31 AM

Well, supposedly Mexico wants to lower the poverty and get rid of hunger. This certainly ain't gonna help. Thanks for sharing, Wiley.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-4-2013 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Mexico City. May electricity prices will be 8.4% higher than in April. The Federal Electricity Commision (CFE) explained, the residential sector that uses the most energy will be charged the High Domestic Consumption rate (DAC) at $3 pesos per kilowatt/hour (Kw/h). The industrial sector rate is at $0.9959 pesos and $1.7090 during peak hours. In April the kilowatt was more affordable at $0.9188 and $1.6356 pesos respectively.

??? My DAC rate has been 3.07/ kWh for more than 6 months. I guess I'm special and will get to pay 3.28 starting this month.

[Edited on 5-4-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 5-4-2013 at 09:19 AM

Ever since the gosh darnned PRI took office, Aduana, INM, SCE, and Petroleos Mexicanos have been having a field day.

It started with PRI de La Madrid, got worse under Salinas de Gotari, and now kissy huggy boy el presidente has turned them loose once again.

LAUGH ON...

One of the folks that I am familiar with in Michoacan is a Delagado Federal de Aduana. He told me in the beginning of April that there is serious discussions underway in Mexico City to change to status of most of the Baja California peninsula.

1. IVA rate hike 11% to 16%

2. Bonded car permits south of? (perhaps Maneadero) just like the mainland

3. FRONTERA cars to be nationalized in steps. Extra fees.

4. Permanent (FM-3) residents cannot drive cars with extraneous plates

I hope to god this does not happen. But what has happened to immigration and car permits on the mainland "couldn't happen" either, according to self described experts on Mexico pundits. The laughed, guffawed, came up with 999 reasons why the very thought of what has happened "could not possibly happen! They can't do it! Don't be stupid!"

Apparently from what Ismael believes, a border zone would still exist, but beyond that, 180-day car permits, holograms, and made in Mexico national cars for citizens and permanent residents. Only FMM 180-day car permit autos allowed otherwise.

AGAIN, to make this clear, at this point all of the above is in the planning stages in ADUANA.

Now let's hear the guffaws, the ridicule, and mockery. Be sure to sign your name clearly to fun and games...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2013 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
My understanding is that moderate energy users are heavily subsidized and the DAC (High Consumption Domestic) tariff applies to those domestic users who consume beyond certain KWH limits, which careful energy management can avoid exceeding. Are a lot of folks here being affected by this?

If your average usage exceeds 500 KWH for three successive periods...six months......you lose the subsidy until usage falls below that point.

500 kwh isn't a lot, but I do manage to stay in the subsidy zone.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-4-2013 at 02:20 PM

I don't think that most of us residential users will be affected, We are domestico 1D - 700 to 1300KWH per 2 months our usage and hasn't changed in years.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 06:49 AM

[quote

4. Permanent (FM-3) residents cannot drive cars with extraneous plates

quote]

I keep seeing this statement on the forum and have to laugh.

1. FM3? No such thing any more. I think the new term would be Permanent and I don't know about where eveyone else lives, but here in San Felipe, There are more autos that have California plates, driven by Mexican's that don't even worry about registering their autos. Also, even if you are driving an auto from AZ or California, whenever I have been pulled over, I hand them my drivers license and I have never been asked if I am a Mexican Resident or even if I have a FM2 or FM3.

I would be more concerned about being required to forgo my US drivers license and get a Mexican only DL
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
There are more autos that have California plates, driven by Mexican's that don't even worry about registering their autos.

The term for these vehicles is "Chocolates."

I've just noticed that ANAPROMEX is back in business.

[Edited on 5-5-2013 by DENNIS]
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 09:22 AM

Cortez Blue,

PERMANENTES driving extraneous cars in GUADALAJARA / CHAPALA area, ALL ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED of them "didn't believe it either". Neither did over six hundred vehicle owners in San Miguel de Allende.

Talked to CFE yesterday. Mexico City. Unless you are habitually in DAC residential customers will not be affected neither will small business owners to around 8K kWh bi-mestral. Only the big boys.

The PRI can screw with people who have no recourse (gringos) but they damned well know the average Mexican ain't rich and they can sure as hell vote PAN or PRD in he next sexenio.

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
The PRI can screw with people who have no recourse (gringos)
Gee, I've always had the feeling gringos were accorded a lot of slack. Can a green-carded Mexican in the U.S., continue to drive a car with Mexican plates (I have no idea)?

Not if they use a US address

Bob Durrell
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

The term for these vehicles is "Chocolates."

Hey Dennis, good to see you are doing well.

Part of my assimilation was getting my Licencia de Conducir Mexicano and using a 'chocolate' as a beater. License plates seem to be optional in the Free Zone and car insurance is assigned to the driver, not the car. If I run over three locals I just pull out my Seguros Atlas card and ask them to speak to the abogado.

My March/April bill from La Comision showed no rate change to the gringo level of consumption.

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes

Hey Dennis, good to see you are doing well.

Gracias. Life is my new hobby. :biggrin:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 11:57 AM

One of the guys that worked on our ranch now and then, had Sonora plates on his almost brandy new ford..He had a US drivers licence and address...

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 12:04 PM
Baja DL

Getting a Baja (Norte) drivers license was a fun experience. Written test (in english), eye test, blood type, driving test. License issued on the spot........WAY better than DMV experiences in the states

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 01:57 PM

On the mainland, if you are caught driving a Mexican car with US driver license: 1,100 pesos official multa.

In the USA, if a Mexican driver receives a citation for ANYTHING and does not satisfy the court, he and or the car is prohibited entry into the United States at all POE.

In Bajas Californias, it is the law, by both states to allow a foreign placard vehicle be driven ONLY IN COMPLIANCE WITH INM LAW. Illegal immigration status, car is illegal. TAGS on foreign plates MUST BE KEPT CURRENT or car is legally eligible to be cited by a transito including the PFP.

In California, it is the officer's DISCRETION to adjudicate whether or not a motor vehicle and or driver has lost the status of visitor or temporary visit. He can cite the driver for not being properly licensed, as well as the car for not being properly registered in the USA in that state.

It is illegal ANYWHERE to operate a motor vehicle with a conflicting driver license.

The foregoing is not guesswork.

Riom
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 07:47 PM

Quote:

It is illegal ANYWHERE to operate a motor vehicle with a conflicting driver license.

The foregoing is not guesswork.

But it's not accurate. It's legal almost everywhere to drive a rental car on a foreign license. Some small countries do require even renters to get a temporary local license, but these are exceptions, and most places won't allow visitors to get a local license.

Arizona, and many other states, allow non-residents (from another state or country) to drive a locally-registered car on their foreign (or out of state) licenses, for a limited time (which can be up to 7 months every year, so a snowbird can drive their AZ car on their WA or Yukon license every year).

The mis-match of license and car registration is perfectly legal during that time. Progressive Insurance (and a few others) will even insure a US vehicle where the owner has a non-US license.

Anyway, to get back to the CFE rates. As it only applies to the DAC rates, it won't affect many residential users. The DAC consumption limits varies by area, 2500 kWh/mo (12 month average) in San Felipe so you'd really have to have excessive consumption to qualify.

Rob
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 08:04 PM
domestico 1D ?

Quote:
I don't think that most of us residential users will be affected, We are domestico 1D - 700 to 1300KWH per 2 months our usage and hasn't changed in years.

.. and 700 - 1300 Kwh? must be something unique to La Paz. Like DENNIS said once we exceed 500Kwh for 6 billing cycles we are on the DAC at 3.07 peso / Kwh up here in Baja Norte. What is the billing rate for domestic 1D?

[Edited on 5-9-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
One of the guys that worked on our ranch now and then, had Sonora plates on his almost brandy new ford..He had a US drivers licence and address...

...but if he got stopped by the CHP? Goodbye almost brandy new ford. Would be OK if he also had MX DL but not with US DL and address.

[Edited on 5-9-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
In Bajas Californias, it is the law, by both states to allow a foreign placard vehicle be driven ONLY IN COMPLIANCE WITH INM LAW. Illegal immigration status, car is illegal. TAGS on foreign plates MUST BE KEPT CURRENT or car is legally eligible to be cited by a transito including the PFP.

Well, the transito and the PFP, along with the federal police must be asleep......there are about a zillion cars in Baja with expired US plates, not to mention those without ANY plates, and nobody is doing anything about them.

[Edited on 5-9-2013 by bajaguy]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.