Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Scam, Right?
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 07:34 AM
Scam, Right?

This was on the car the other day:

Figured it was a scam but the "new article for resident foreigners" sort of got me wondering if something has changed.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 09:14 AM

New Permanentes are worried they will be required to import their vehicles?! Not sure if I, too, as a Naturalized Mexicano with dual citizenship will also need to make changes to my South Dakota status. Quien Sabe?? Anyone have recent info? Tio
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 09:14 AM

Sounds like a really good service to me. I wonder if I'll have to pay in advance? :biggrin:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tiotomasbcs
New Permanentes are worried they will be required to import their vehicles?! Not sure if I, too, as a Naturalized Mexicano with dual citizenship will also need to make changes to my South Dakota status. Quien Sabe?? Anyone have recent info? Tio

Don't change anything but your underwear, Tio. All of this nonsense will go away in time.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 09:18 AM

Quote:
When was the last time you were asked about your immigration status while driving?:lol:
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
When was the last time you were asked about your immigration status while driving?:lol:

Surprisingly enough it was the last time I was pulled over by the Federal Police 2 weeks ago. He asked me about my status but didn't require me to produce documents. First time for me other than at the Monument at GN.

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 12:12 PM

Los Corralones (impound yards) are being filled on the mainland with automobiles that have been "nationalized" with counterfeit papers. Some even got nacional state license plates.

SSP, PFP, and Aduana have set up puestos de controles, with Wifi service and audit car papers on the side of the highway on the mainland. If a car is found to be a chocolate it is impounded on the spot. Counterfeit paperwork, authentic state registration and ownership papers and license plates. It is a real scandal.

I went to MEXICO CITY to the freakin' SHCP / SAT / ADUANA skyscraper and they told me I had to return WITH THE VEHICLE to the border to get it nationalized.

Take it for what it's worth

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
I went to MEXICO CITY to the freakin' SHCP / SAT / ADUANA skyscraper and they told me I had to return WITH THE VEHICLE to the border to get it nationalized.

How long ago was that?
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 01:56 PM

Three years and an aduanero told me two weeks ago things have not changed except for the roadside audits and vastly increased fees for importing a car to obtain national plates. It's a lot tighter now

Do not rely on ANYBODY'S ADVICE, spoken, written or printed.

Go directly to a SHCP / SAT / Aduana module for correct information

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.