Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Mexico shoots herself in the foot yet again
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 07:59 AM
Mexico shoots herself in the foot yet again

another one of those stories that keep anybody in the USA from wanting to come down here on vacation.

http://www.today.com/news/family-we-fear-mom-jailed-mexico-w...

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 08:50 AM

I think she'll be home by the weekend. There's a lot of unhappy talk going around about this one.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 08:54 AM

How would a passenger on a bus be able to strap 12 lbs. of marijuana to the underside of their seat without the other passengers seeing them? It seems pretty obvious that it was most likely placed there by someone who worked for the bus company.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 09:55 AM

it would be a lot more logical to suspect one of the two bus drivers.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
I think she'll be home by the weekend. There's a lot of unhappy talk going around about this one.

maybe so, but the chain of events in the story is illustrative of the sometimes criminal cops and military in mexico, and the incompetent bureaucratic indifference of the legal system in mexico,... yikes!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech

Except, they don't have any money.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 10:23 AM

There are thousands in jail who profess "I am innocent"

Just sayin
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 10:24 AM

My comment here is simply a couple of questions...

Is it possible to bundle 5+ kilograms of marijuana put it under a seat and then have it sealed so well it is impossible to detect "MOTA!" by all the passengers? I am dumb as hell about pot so go easy on me...

Twelve pounds of marijuana is a large package. Under a seat? The passenger did not notice the package under her seat?

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech

Except, they don't have any money.

On "consignment"?
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

Is it possible to bundle 5+ kilograms of marijuana put it under a seat and then have it sealed so well it is impossible to detect "MOTA!" by all the passengers? I am dumb as hell about pot so go easy on me...

Twelve pounds of marijuana is a large package. Under a seat? The passenger did not notice the package under her seat?

Your pretty much the expert in everything...How would you have done it?

How would you people like the prison to treat people...doesn't look that far off from Sheriff Joe in Arizona. Our prison's in the rest of the country are like country clubs with a lot of people wiling to go back just for a good meal. I think the guards should be "rude"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 11:00 AM

Quote:

From what I can gather, it was bungeed up under the seat. Not sitting on the floor.
Witnesses say they were the last to board the bus and didn't have anything like that with them.

It's always interesting to see how far from logic the authorities can stray when there's money to be made. Of course, they don't need plausibility when they have the guns.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 11:23 AM

Quote:

I would think that if it was under her seat, it would have more likely to have been noticed by the passengers behind her, unless she was sitting in the very rear of the bus.
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 11:39 AM

Even if the marijuana was well packed, that much in volume would be the size of a good sized suitcase. The idea that there were around 12 pounds (5 kg) is ludicrous.

Plus, the smell would definitely attract attention.

I have run this scenario over in my mind, and in my opinion this is a stupid attempt to extort money from what probably looked like the most likely passengers to have the resources for a quick pay off.

The good thing is that this woman and her family are innocent, and have contacted the proper channels stateside to put this b.s. to rest.

I really doubt that the Ministerio Publico in Hermosillo wants his name all over the Mexican newspapers for keeping this woman in prison.

Like Dennis says, she'll be out soon. What do you want to bet those bus drivers are nowhere to be found!

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Loretana
What do you want to bet those bus drivers are nowhere to be found!

Hopefully they won't because they'll just deny it, and someone's going to take the fall.
This wasn't exactly a cartel shipment, given the small size.

There are so many unasked and unanswered questions that it just leaves us to speculate.......like, I wonder if the military was actually searching the bus, or did they go right to it?
We'll probably never know, but one thing is certain; there won't be too many locals on that bus that will testify against the military or the police.
As much as I hope for the best, it could still go bad when "saving face" becomes an issue.

Where's Seal Team-6 when you really need them?
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 12:11 PM

I wonder if it was the SSP or militar that "found" the package?

Jeez I've been aboard buses that the passengers had to exit at some puestos de controles and others that they just walked up and down the aisles looking.

The whole scenario just does not make sense to me. The woman resides in the USA. She is a bus passenger. Twelve pound bale through customs?

I am going to take a wild stab that a lot of heavy-duty US government officials and elected folks are taking a really hard look at this and the Ministerio Publico that would be responsible for prosecuting the case is not going to be taking a siesta anytime soon.

Some fool decided to mule dope northbound to marijuanos in the northern part of the country. The destination of the bus. Make a few bucks. From what I have read the price of pot in Oaxaca or Michoacan is about a fourth of what it is in the very northern part of Mexico. There is obviously significant risk in shipping it even within Mexico

[Edited on 5-29-2013 by DavidE]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 12:44 PM

Quote:

the Ministerio Publico that would be responsible for prosecuting the case is not going to be taking a siesta anytime soon.

Another problem may be, what with the turbulent climate between US and Mex, this may be considered a feather in his cap.
It isn't just one or two down here that act like thugs when US citizens are concerned. I mean, this woman should never have been taken this far with this issue and, for some reason, that she was is making a statement of some kind, and the farther it goes, the more guilty she will be.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 01:23 PM

It made it as far as "The Paper" and this incident IMHO is not something like the guy who makes 23 wrong turns and forgets he has a load of guns and ammo in the trunk and ends up at the end of the barrel of 24 guns in Mexico Secondaria.

Several years ago a friend told me a story about someone he knew screwing up big-time and almost entering Mexico with a handgun under the front seat he had forgotten about. He panicked and freaking stopped dead on the shoulder of I-5 too late to turn off. He sat there for (I forget for how long) until a border patrol car pulled in behind him. He explained the problem the border patrol guy called CHP and got the person turned around safely.

A Mexican woman riding a Greyhound in Arizona...just imagine time...

Bus gets into an accident. Cops come and find 12 pounds of pot under the seat assigned to the woman. How much "hot water" ya think she's going to end up in? She walks?

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 02:47 PM

I understand she is in Nogales, Mex, apparently they
are looking
to see if there is enough evidence, I assume, as posted
she will be home by the weekend. Wonder who was
trying for a big mordida payoff? The Mex Army? Someone
may get their **** slapped by Nieto today. On second thought, gotta be the bus drivers or the bus maintance
workers, probably been doing this for yrs

[Edited on 5-30-2013 by sancho]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Jefe
another one of those stories that keep anybody in the USA from wanting to come down here on vacation.

have you watched "Weeds?" sometimes the most innocent-looking moms are drug dealers :lol::lol:

anywho, being a caucasian middle-class clean-cut-looking soccer mom should not make you above suspicion,... sometimes innocent-looking people have a hidden outlaw wild streak,... just saying!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
sometimes innocent-looking people have a hidden outlaw wild streak,... just saying!

Yeah...but....but....she's a......a Mormon. One of Padre Mitt's finest. :saint:
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.