BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato - Justice ??
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
KaceyJ, First, you are correct about "The Italian" making a beautiful first class hotel. However I don't believe he ever intended to run it as such.

Quote:
Originally posted by KaceyJ
30 million pesos of damages , that's a hoot. All this is a perfect example of a knuckledragging legal system of being guilty unless you can prove /pay your innocence.

There are too many rumors and much hearsay surrounding Marceletti and his operation at Punta Sneak. I can say that I always found him cordial , pleasant yet very private in his own sort of way. He certainly brought back the condition of the hotel to a never seen before level. He put a lot of effort and money into a dilapidated structure, that the ejido wanted nothing to do with, and turned it into a respectable establishment. I believe he has a very focused idea on the type of clientele he wishes to attract there and that may put off some judgmental types.

To me making a big deal out of some water is crazy. I know how water is viciously protected in Mex but keep in mind it was the hotel that originally brought it there 10 miles across the desert in the first place.

What this case really is about is total control of the area. That was pretty obvious when the beautiful 6 ft. chain link fence went up that stretched across the entire Sneak peninsula and the installation of a guard shack. Other things have gone on , some of which don't make any sense , like discouraging visitors by trying to close the camp beach and more recently the launch ramp. I can't help but wonder what is in store in the future for the property owners near the hotel.

I don't know what his intentions are either Russ. I doubt many do, and don't personally care nor am I willing to take any side, but all that leads to is speculation and thus rumor.

I do know that his "improvements" at least seemed to better PC
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 10:41 AM

glad i had good times there when Bill Alvarado owned it. Marceletti made nice physical improvements but i think otherwise ruined it. Sams stopped using it for a base.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 10:47 AM

Over the years since he's been there, I know several people who have tried to stay there or eat in the restaurant, and he's managed to drive them all away. A friend that lives there wanted to take some visiting friends there for dinner, and they wanted him to pay the full price in advance just to make a reservation.
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 10:54 AM

Re: Punta Sneak

Russ , I know it wasn't too obvious but I was being facetious.
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 11:18 AM

We actually had dinner there as non-guests and it was great; we just had to call to let them know we were coming over. Hard to beat the setting and the food was delicious. I was thinking of doing it again when we're down next week but now I'm not so sure given the turmoil going on.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 11:35 AM

"termoil" Perfect word choice!

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 11:57 AM

Everyone has their story about the change in the hotel over the years. If you were camped on the beach you used to be welcome. After the change we were never treated "cordial". Once when he was showing a couple of guests the beach, he told them he would be " getting rid of all those people " right in front of my camp. They were so embarassed by him that they came back later with some beers to tell us how they felt about the meeting. I will not miss him.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 01:27 PM

Charles Barkley has just weighed in on this. He called the situation turrible.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 03:44 PM

I dont know if anybody has noticed...but the Hotel Punta Chivato is listed for sale for $6 million dollars. His hotels in Loreto and la Paz are also for sale too...check out "mydreamresort.com." Im not sure who'd be willing to pay 6 mil for a hotel that doesnt make any money...but you never know.
Trueheart
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 04:37 PM

We've gone to that bar/restaurant/hotel on about 10 occasions in the last 6 years. Most of those were just to have margaritas and chips with salsa on the veranda. We did eat a meal (lunch) there about three years ago. It was very good. We have been invited to use their pool a couple of times, and did, no charge. Each time we were treated very well by the staff, welcoming actually, and we came away not only pleased but charmed by the experience. The view from that veranda is stunning. The staff shows the rooms off if you'll just ask to see them, and some at the far west end are spectacular. We've never seen many folks stay there however. Leads to questions about what is happening there from a revenue standpoint.

We've met the man only one time on our visits there. He was pleasant and gave me an extremely good exchange rate as I was paying with USD.

I'm not defending him in any way, just saying that we've had pleasant experiences there.

It's a fantastic property. So, while it doesn't make any $$$ the way he runs it apparently, the value of the real estate has got to be substantial. Some day someone will run it right and we will all see it get tremendous use.
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2013 at 09:48 AM

We took our boat over to the hotel on Friday hoping to have some lunch & drinks. Place is totally locked up; pool is empty, looks pretty sad. We ended up walking over to the Hotelito and had a great lunch; the owner let us use the pool too even though we weren't guests. Cool little spot!
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-17-2013 at 10:30 AM
Maybe?????

Quote:
Originally posted by Trueheart
We've never seen many folks stay there however. Leads to questions about what is happening there from a revenue standpoint.

Bob Durrell
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2013 at 03:09 PM

We actually had a nice breakfast there last February. The view is spectacular. Too bad for the employees that it has closed, i think some had worked there for a long time.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.