Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Small Scorpion
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2013 at 06:00 PM
Small Scorpion

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2013 at 06:34 PM

Cute little guy, would hurt between the toes though!

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2013 at 06:37 PM

That's a cute little bugger. How'd ya see it?

I saw one at Scorpion Bay that was 4-5" when I turned over a rock to use to hold open a gate. Scared the crap out of me.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-8-2013 at 07:39 PM

What a great way to sell cigarettes! Look for a new package design!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2013 at 10:26 PM

A scorpion sting is healthier than a pack of cigarettes, and that's a fact!!!

I just made that up Russ. I don't care. I love your pix. cough cough...

:D
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2013 at 10:33 PM

This is nothing. wait til you find the Mama with about a dozen of these stuck to her body.

They say, that the smaller the scorpion the more harsh the sting!!

Personally, I have been stung a half dozen times.

Never had any real problems, until the last time.

Was stung on the point where my thumb nail touches the skin.

My right arm was numb from my thumb to the shoulder for 4 days.
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 7-9-2013 at 04:07 AM

Quote:

They say, that the smaller the scorpion the more harsh the sting!!

I believe that line was stolen from Indiana Jones:cool:

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2013 at 04:38 AM

No thanks.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2013 at 09:06 AM

so tiny. no like.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 7-9-2013 at 12:34 PM

Just my ancient EMT 2 surfacing for a moment,

It is not unlikely a person will become more sensitized the more times they are envenomed. True with bees, wasps, hornets, scorpions, even ants. An anaphalactic injection kit may not be such a bad idea for folks who seem to take each sting worse. Having come within a hair of having a tracheotomy three months ago I can tell you it ain't fun. In my case it was a reaction to NSAIDS that I had taken without incident years before. How close? The scalpel and tubing were on the tray.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
grace59
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2013 at 02:24 PM

I'm here in San Felipe for the summer (reverse "snowbirding") and I'm noticing many more scorpions this year than ever before. Some of them so tiny!! AND a few really big ones. Is anyone else noticing more scorpions than usual?? Also, getting them IN the house for the first time ever!! Was changing sheets on the bed upstairs and had thrown the pillows onto the floor...when I picked up a pillow to put on the case, I noticed a small scorpion...about 1 inch there. I thought it was dead and took the pillow down to show my husband. I was then going to throw the "dead" scorpion in the trash and placed the pillow on the kitchen island...luckily I decided to remove it with a paper towel because as soon as the towel touched the scorpion it took off running across the island.....Uggghhhh! Scared the ....out of me! Also think my dog got stung on the hip as she had swelling and was licking herself...when I tried to see what was wrong she snapped at me (so unlike her). Today I went out to buy some Benedryl...other than that, what do you do for a Scorpion Sting??? Is a Dr. visit necessary??

Whenever I hear that rainy, chill wind blow. I think it may be time to head for Mexico. Tengo que obedecer mi corazon!
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2013 at 05:08 PM

Save any scorpions you find and put them in a bottle with tequila. When you get a sting you take a sip or two or three or four of the tequila until you feel no pain. :saint:

Great photo of the little guy.

We were visiting friends in Elias Calles years ago and the bathroom had a nice wooden screen in front of the window to put your towel on. After showering I handed my wife her towel and saw something drop to ground. It was of course a scorpion about 2-3 inches long and on the towel were about a 8 or 10 of the tiniest little baby scorpions. You could hardly see them. It was fascinating but scary to think what could have happened if we did not see them. The same trip I was carrying some food from the camper to the house at dusk and stepped over a 'branch' on the ground that turned out to be a rattlesnake. :o

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-9-2013 at 05:19 PM

Great story Matt!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.