BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: How easy is it to get a medical marijuana prescription card in California? Note: for all you Baja residents that need it...
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 08:30 AM
How easy is it to get a medical marijuana prescription card in California? Note: for all you Baja residents that need it legally.

The other day was a real eye opener. A woman I was having a conversation with pulled out her California medical marijuana card. I was alarmed. I thought to myself, does she have terminal cancer? Intractible pain? Fibromyalgia?

It turns out she said she went to a doctor and he gave her a card for $35 for anxiety. That's how easy it is, apparently.

This morning I did some research on the internet and found an article about how easy it is. The article is a little offbeat, with some foul language, but I found the writing hilarious, entertaining and informative.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/how-fast-can-you-get-marijuana-p...

[Edited on 8-10-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 08:44 AM

I would imagine that it's no easier than getting a prescription for Zanax. LOL

"The future ain't what it used to be"
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 08:56 AM

Yep, very easy - I know many malingering 20 somethings that have them.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 08:56 AM

I wonder.....................................................................................

How many people MISUSE the card.

Pay (thirty-five-dollars) for the card, and then NOT purchase authorized marijuana but run across town and purchase blood-soaked Mexican marijuana and use the card for a "stay-out-of-jail" document.

Go to any authorized medical marijuana clinic in California for an instant trip back into time to the Haight-Ashbury days.

A medical doctor in Sebastopol California recommended that I obtain a medical Rx for marijuana for my various discomforts. So I asked her "I am supposed to subject my pulmonary system to superheated destructive distillates of vegetation, and this is healthy?"

And to think Obamacare© is an issue.

How many Californians oncoming in their car are so stoned they can't remember what happened 10 seconds earlier?

Laugh on, YOU are paying for this. Laugh on, every time you spend fifteen minutes at a Puesto de Control. Oh I got it, let's allow legalization in Mexico where there are no test kits to test drivers after an injury accident, and no manner of re-compensation for the innocent. It's bad enough with chofers borrachos, let's make it worse...

grumble, mumble, harrumph

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
I wonder.....................................................................................

How many people MISUSE the card.

Pay (thirty-five-dollars) for the card, and then NOT purchase authorized marijuana but run across town and purchase blood-soaked Mexican marijuana and use the card for a "stay-out-of-jail" document.

Given the availability, low cost, and superior quality of California pot, I don't know any Californians who would even consider using inferior "blood soaked Mexican marijuana". I believe that most of that blood soaked product ends up in the states where there has been no legalization.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 09:20 AM

Really this is all new to me...I had chronic asthma as a kid so I don't smoke anything...never had an interest in marijuana and don't see what all the brouhaha is about it. I read on the medical boards that 4 regular cigarettes does the same damage to the lungs as 1 marijuana cigarette.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 09:27 AM

Of the total number of cards issued in California I wonder what the percentage is of the people who REALLY need it to the percentage of the "scammers".....just a way for the potheads to get dope.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 09:36 AM

And I say, let's get things in perspective............

Alcohol is far more dangerous.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I read on the medical boards that 4 regular cigarettes does the same damage to the lungs as 1 marijuana cigarette.
This is a little bit disingenuous in that most people who smoke cigarettes smoke 30 or more a day while most of the people that I know who smoke marijuana, rarely need more than one or two hits, although like anything there are those who will abuse it. With the potency of marijuana these days, one joint would pretty much render a normal person comatose.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Of the total number of cards issued in California I wonder what the percentage is of the people who REALLY need it to the percentage of the "scammers".....just a way for the potheads to get dope.
I wonder how many of the people who have been prescribed Zanax and other drugs, really need them, or is it just a scam for big pharma to increase their profits?

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 09:55 AM

Picky-picky

It's spelled XANAX

And before you get all wound up about California pot versus Mexican pot, CHECK THE PRICES OUT. Want sticker shock?

Yeah right, a stoner who drives 10 miles to save a nickel a gallon for gasoline is going to choose marijuana that costs five times as much...oh god my side hurts...

astrobaja
Senior Nomad

Mood: beam me up

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 10:06 AM

It is a joke how easy it is to get a MM card, just better to legalize it totally!

There is a LOT of gov't/corporate anti mj propoganda out there, the non psychoactive component of MJ known as CBD has major potential as a strong anti cancer drug! It has been studied and found to be a very strong anti-inflamatory and has antioxidant properties too!

But don't take my word for it, watch the CNN documentary Weeds this tomorrow. Dr Sanjay Gupta the neurosurgeon that does CNN's medical adviser role publicly announced his apology for spouting anti-cannabis rhetoric and has done a complete about face based on his indepth studies over the last year.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/health/gupta-changed-mind-mari...

\"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened\"

Douglas Adams

our website: http://bajadarkskies.com
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 11:13 AM

David, I'm going to claim that you are out of touch. I'll ask the question: If you can afford a good bottle of wine to enjoy and get a little high, why would you choose to go across the street and buy some semi-alcoholic vinegar at a cut rate price?

The whole idea of medical cannabis is just a step along the painful road to decriminalization. Big Pharma will screw any politician who advocates legalization because the drug companies are still trying to find a way to make billions off this back yard weed.

The pressure that the citizens are putting on legislators is very powerful, and in time I predict we'll see some return to sanity, but Big Pharma and the Prison Industrial Complex are very very powerful lobbies, and they are still winning.

In this County we have one doctor who write compassionate use recommendations. He charges $150. each. For my first recommendation all I had to document was that I had cancer, and I was actually stressed-out a little bit by that. I also have painful arthritic deterioration of one ankle, one knee, eleven finger joints, and my lumbar spine. Because in am in Stage III kidney failure, I have had to cut way back on the Allopurinol for my Gout. As a result I now have frequent Gout flare-ups, and this isn't likely to get much better because as my kidney dies, my system grows more and more toxic with uric acid. I recently allowed myself to get dehydrated and started sweating ammonia. Try THAT for stress relief. Does cannabis relieve my pain? A little perhaps, but more importantly it elevates my mood, and makes me less irritable when I bend my fingers. I grow my own medicine in the privacy of my own property, I don't drive DUI, I don't steal for my needs, and I certainly don't recommend that young people use the substance. (Except the truth that they are less likely to die in a car crash if they smoke rather than drink, but no one has ever asked me.)

The DA here even recently convicted a thief for stealing a man's legal medical crop, then returned the evidence to the victim.

The Feds, on the other hand, will screw with the dispensaries at any opportunity. One would think, at this point, that even the anecdotal evidence was adequate to make a distinction between heroin, angle dust, and pot, but it isn't enough evidence for that form of brain death we call "congress".

Is it too easy for some people to get a Cannabis permit, YES, is it too easy to get a concealed weapon carry permit? YES

Yup, the system is just too "loaded" to think straight.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 11:23 AM
The science of cannabis as medicine

Check out Realm of Caring at:

Realmofcaringfoundation.org
or
realmofcaring.com

or their page on Facebook.

They are legal providers in the state of Colorado and have developed a hybrid strain of cannabis that is disproportionately low in THC, which is the psychoactive part of the plant, and high in cannabidol which is the part of the plant that has been proven to have medicinal properties.

They're refining their herb into a concentrated oil and provide it at low cost or free to legal users who cannot afford it and for whom conventional medicine has no benefit.

Very interesting, imo.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 11:35 AM

why drive to get it when it grows like a, AHEM, weed in the yard....

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Check out Realm of Caring at:

Realmofcaringfoundation.org
or
realmofcaring.com

or their page on Facebook.

They are legal providers in the state of Colorado and have developed a hybrid strain of cannabis that is disproportionately low in THC, which is the psychoactive part of the plant, and high in cannabidol which is the part of the plant that has been proven to have medicinal properties.

They're refining their herb into a concentrated oil and provide it at low cost or free to legal users who cannot afford it and for whom conventional medicine has no benefit.

Very interesting, imo.

hhmmmmmmm,... me thinks the THC part is the best medicine, just saying,... ahhhh, the days of youth,...
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 01:04 PM

They are going to TAX THE KRAP out of marijuana when it becomes legal. If white widow was such a GOOD VALUE then you could not GIVE AWAY Mexican pot for free. Yet hundreds of not thousands of tons makes it way across the border every year. Why? It ain't cause of the color amigo - it's $ $$ and $$$ driving the market.

Drop the TAX on marijuana and suddenly government COULD CARE LESS if pot smokers drop dead in their tracks. The same as property tax, a moving violation, a parking ticket, or sky high fuel tax, it's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. Haven't you figured it out yet.

Yeah, right, someone is going to plant and nurture, fertilize and cultivate LEGAL marijuana in his back yard as cheap as the thousands of acres under cultivation in Mexico. You know, the ones that pay their folks ten dollars a day to tend the fields. Mexican cartels can sell their marijuana wholesale in the states for ten dollars an ounce 28 grams out of a 1,000 gram kilo and still make a killing. Anyone you know want to grow competitive pot for this price?

People who DEMAND cheap marijuana "at any price" can come up with a hundred billion rationalizations why their opinion makes sense and any others are ignorant, repressive, old hat, regressive and outdated. These are the folks that if they graduated high school may have gotten as high as a D- in a college economics class.

I do NOT CARE if a person stuffs lit joints in their mouth, both nostrils, ears, and anywhere else there's a hole. I do NOT however want them enjoying the same premium as non smoking health care members, taking the wheel of a car, or endangering my life because they Oops dusted my french fries with Warfarin.

The ONLY way to END the narcotics madness is to SUBSIDIZE FREE DRUGS to anyone that wants them. Then clamp ankle bracelets around both ankles so they cannot drive or endanger someone else's life. What was it yesterday a guy claimed he killed his baby by shaking it to death but he didn't know what he was doing because he was stoned?

Fine! Put all the cuckoos in the same nuthouse, but keep them away from me. Yeah I include alcohol in this mix, and Valium, oxycodone, any intoxicant. Druggies and boozers have cost me lots of misery and money, because they acted STUPID not because they robbed me.

Stay the ^%$#&@! away!

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 01:39 PM

In a world where it seems only the devout Muslims don't get high, I judge you are in a tiny minority opinion David. And, considering the clearly obvious angry, intolerant, murderous, faith-based conduct of an international collection of devout Muslims, maybe they aught to take a toke now and then and mellow the flock out.

When everyone can grow it in a flower pot on the window sill, I'm thinking that a lot of money is going out of the 'business'.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

Bill Kauth

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch

Clearly Americans can not exist without drugs.... why pretend anymore.

After over 5000 years of documented use, why pretend it's not part of human culture?

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 03:39 PM

I don't think Adam and Eve NEEDED anything psychotropic. Claims have been made that they were hearing talking snakes before they ever took a toke.:lol::lol:

Bill Kauth

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.