Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sun in your eyes?
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 07:57 AM
Sun in your eyes?

While I want to thank the many really professional photogs on this forum (Sometimes I think the forum could be called Baja Photogs) for such excellent shots of the place that capture it's moods and intricacies in oh so many artful ways.

The rest of this post is about the electronic disconnect we see and feel for shots that we get, on the forum and from friends around the world who:

1. Not thinking at all when they take a snapshot
2. Are anxious to shoot and scoot -- get the thing sent off to the world
3. Have no idea about the power of the sun.
4. Don't know their equipment
5. Could care less about the shot, just the subject.

I'm not a photog, I just play one when I'm on the beach or in the boat. But I know what we need. The teckies are waaay ahead of the users so it should not take a lot of time or effort. We need a button: One single frigging button on all devices which record what we see around us, store it and allow us to send it to others >>> that means all cameras, ipads, ipods, tablets, YOU NAME IT.

The button says: "Please adjust. My pal in the middle is holding a giant fish. The sun is right behind him. I don't know how to work the Flash!"

Without the button the pal and the fish are lost forever because if you have those special devices to record and store it means you won't want to be bothered FIXING THE SHOT WHEN YOU GET HOME. The recipient gets the usual shot >> an outline, a cutout of a human so dark it has no features.

Need proof of my theorizing? Search the Fishing forum and look for those favorite fish pictures or bizzillions of human shaped shadows holding up an object (a beercan?) or a black disc on a table (a plate of shrimp?).

Now you can argue with me that all your devices have a perfect, infallible flash for every occasion and it has never failed you ---- I'll argue back that we ALL NEED THE BUTTON.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 08:46 AM

More reasons for the button. I should mention that the people who had the devices in their hands, who took the shots of the grey or black blobs, cutouts with no features, guy/fish on the boat or on the beach had some options.

In the boat they might have turned the boat to put the sun behind the shooter and the shot. Now, in their defense, perhaps they were thinking of moving the sun but decided it was waaay too hot and heavy to lift. If the shooter and the subject were on the beach maybe there was just no quick, easy, convenient way to turn their faces toward the sun. Besides the sun would have made them (and the fish I suppose) squint.

[Edited on 9-10-2013 by Osprey]

[Edited on 9-10-2013 by Osprey]
SwissFrank
Banned

Mood: lovable

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 08:48 AM

Sun? I couldn't even see the sun with all this wind and sand.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 08:50 AM

Frank, thanks. I'm so steamed about my button I forgot all about the wind/sand button.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.