Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  15
Author: Subject: GRETCHEN SMITH...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 05:27 PM
GRETCHEN SMITH...

PLease...please listen to all parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WIDO8VeyHQ&feature=share...

[Edited on 7-6-2014 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 05:54 PM

Holy chit! She is my hero. What an awesome person! Thanks Dennis for sharing. I hope to meet her someday.
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 06:27 PM

Thanks for sharing that.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 06:33 PM

Wow, how barbaric, no one should ever have to go through that. There is certainly no shortage of incompetence when it comes to the Mexican justice (or lack thereof) system. It makes it glaringly obvious why most Mexicans are reluctant to report crimes or become involved. I don't believe that her experience was unique. Why is it that they can keep someone who's innocent of any crime for 4 days, but when they catch someone red handed breaking into someone's house or stealing their electric cable, they can only hold them for 48 hours?

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by monoloco]

"The future ain't what it used to be"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Wow, how barbaric, no one should ever have to go through that. There is certainly no shortage of incompetence when it comes to the Mexican justice (or lack thereof) system.

Barbaric...fer sure.
I've made two efforts to post this on the Punta Banda Bulletin Board, but due to their censorship policy toward me specifically, as well as the owner, Kathleen Taormina's [aka bajabound 2005 here on the board] involvement with the Baja Image Committee, she won't put it up.
It's a fair and balanced crap fest of restaurant ads there.
May Gawd help the outsider who may be looking for truth of the area on that board.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Wow, how barbaric, no one should ever have to go through that. There is certainly no shortage of incompetence when it comes to the Mexican justice (or lack thereof) system.

Barbaric...fer sure.
I've made two efforts to post this on the Punta Banda Bulletin Board, but due to their censorship policy toward me specifically, as well as the owner, Kathleen Taormina's [aka bajabound 2005 here on the board] involvement with the Baja Image Committee, she won't put it up.
May Gawd help the outsider who may be looking for truth of the area on that board.
Why would anyone even bother to read such a shamelessly biased message board?

"The future ain't what it used to be"
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 07:20 PM

wow, very scary. It is heinous she didnt get a translator. I hope this video gets some attention and hell is raised over her illegal incarceration which in time hopefully will help get some changes made in the Rosarito police department ...how foreigners are treated....and Mar did not die in vain.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Why would anyone even bother to read such a shamelessly biased message board?

I read it. It used to be our local newspaper, but now it's toilet paper. It's become a standard reply on the rag when people dislike an opinion, that the poster should shut up because we're all guests here and shouldn't complain.
These brain-deads out here would probably do the same if they saw these videos.
The owner, Ms. Taormina, is the worst offender for putting up with it, as well as her egregious censorship, but there's not much left to the board anyway. All discussion has drifted over to Facebook leaving the format to local restaurants and their redundant ads, and freeloaders wanting something for nothing.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by DENNIS]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

Barbaric...fer sure.

Well....they just posted one of them. I appreciate that. Thank you. [Kathleen reads this]

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 08:28 PM

OMG. I don't know why this happened to Gretchen with the Rosarito PD, I don't know why she was put through this horrible inhumane experience after everything she did to help, ....but I do know that Mar was very fortunate to have her with him.

Gretchen, I am lighting a candle for your healing! You did the right thing for Mar!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 08:48 PM

we used to love Rosyrito back in high school, before the pier, before papas and beer.....

it is a shhite-hole, par excelance! i prefer passing thru TJ to rosyrito anyday.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 09:07 PM

I don't think anyone with any foresight would run to someone especially in Mexico as a visitor on a visa that was involved in a shooting. The best thing a person can do is take cover and let the police handle it. For someone to run to someone's side AFTER the fireman got to the scene seems extremely suspicious and would make the police think the person had been involved. The victim could have had a gun as well and it could have been very well a drug deal gone wrong. People please. You wonder why people get killed in Mexico. When you see trouble or in this case hear gunshots, run the other way. The man had a person by his side somewhat trained in emergency rescue (a fireman), if he needed medical attention a lay person running over to help him would not help and would arouse suspicion. Yes we all love Mexico but we are smart enough to stay out of firing range in this type of situation. Who knows if the guy had powdered sugar he was trying to sell for $30,000 instead of uncut cocaine and got shot trying to scheme someone out of money. I am not disputing that this woman was mistreated in a Mexican jail. But why she would run out as the Green Beret of Rosarito is just an overwhelming thought. Miss Gretchen Smith has many many videos to her credit about Rosarito on You Tube, and also claimed a sighting on Mr. Patton just a few days ago. She is an artist, yet appears to have taken on the role of a medic or Doctor. Why she chose to get caught up in this situation is beyond me. If there had NOT been someone in the area, I could understand it. Why someone would run in the direction of where there had been gunfire is completely incomprehensible to me. She also mentions screaming in Spanish but mentions bombadero, no wonder no one understood her.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 09:23 PM

It's hard to say what anyone would do in this same situation. Could she have been in danger in this situation on the beach, possibly. Sometimes people just do what feels instinctual to do in the MOMENT, Sometimes they don't have time to think of the what if's or analyze it, or be afraid....obviously she felt called to help. Her intentions were good. We don't know the reasons she was suppose to be there to help a dying man, but obviously she made a self-less decision. I commend her bravery and her service to her fellow man.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I don't think anyone with any foresight would run to someone especially in Mexico as a visitor on a visa that was involved in a shooting. The best thing a person can do is take cover and let the police handle it. For someone to run to someone's side AFTER the fireman got to the scene seems extremely suspicious and would make the police think the person had been involved. The victim could have had a gun as well and it could have been very well a drug deal gone wrong. People please. You wonder why people get killed in Mexico. When you see trouble or in this case hear gunshots, run the other way. The man had a person by his side somewhat trained in emergency rescue (a fireman), if he needed medical attention a lay person running over to help him would not help and would arouse suspicion. Yes we all love Mexico but we are smart enough to stay out of firing range in this type of situation. Who knows if the guy had powdered sugar he was trying to sell for $30,000 instead of uncut cocaine and got shot trying to scheme someone out of money. I am not disputing that this woman was mistreated in a Mexican jail. But why she would run out as the Green Beret of Rosarito is just an overwhelming thought. Miss Gretchen Smith has many many videos to her credit about Rosarito on You Tube, and also claimed a sighting on Mr. Patton just a few days ago. She is an artist, yet appears to have taken on the role of a medic or Doctor. Why she chose to get caught up in this situation is beyond me. If there had NOT been someone in the area, I could understand it. Why someone would run in the direction of where there had been gunfire is completely incomprehensible to me. She also mentions screaming in Spanish but mentions bombadero, no wonder no one understood her.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

Remind me to not be in need when you are near!
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 09:28 PM

it's always easy to call the plays after you know how the game is going to turn out.

not saying this was a game, but ya know what I mean, eh.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 09:31 PM

Some people just have bigger balls than others and handle fear differently.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 09:32 PM

I have been torturing myself by watching those YouTube videos that Dennis put up by Tall Artist, and although her heart seems in the right place, because she was one of the first to help that Rosarito life guard when he was fatally shot and killed.

But I also can't help but think the Rosarito police were in the right when they arrested her, and she certainly at the very least contributed to her arrest and lengthy stay in prison for a few reasons including her becoming unglued at the crime scene, and then later in prison, and some of this she admitted to in the video.

After watching the first video, I'm already suspecting something, and by the second video, she herself confirms my deep suspicions about her. ( I have not watched all four videos, but I watched most of the first two, and jumped around the third and fourth video to get a good sense on where she was going with the video series)

If you have read some of my posts, you'll know I'm not a fan of police officer tactics in the USA or Mexico, but I understand the tactics used by the police, especially in the states. ( cops won't take crap period, and you'll never win a fight against a cop for verbally abusing them, even if you think you're right)

I have no doubt that if the very same thing happened in the US, that she also would have been at the very least arrested and probably would have been locked up about the same amount of time, but the circumstances would have been a little different in the US.

Hopefully, after watching the video, and reading about this incident, others will be able to see what I'm talking about, and if not. I'll be back to explain it.

There are two sides to every story, and one of the things I like to do, is put my feet in the other persons shoes, because it really help me gain perspective on the other side of the story.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by JoeJustJoe]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

Remind me to not be in need when you are near!

Careful what you wish for, can-eater.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
I'll be back to explain it.

Please, Joe. You've said quite enough.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 09:43 PM

That's not my point. If no one was there and if I was a trained medical professional I would go. But someone who hasn't had one iota of medical background for over 20 years and hears gunshots, why have 2 fatalities instead of one? I understand the logic of the Mexican police being suspicious. Should we all be lemmings and follow each other off the cliff? What about safety measures? If there are gunshots I don't think you should go out to the beach period. Leave that responsibility to law enforcement or trained officials. As a medical professional I would not advise anyone untrained unless it was a dire emergency where no help was available to run out in a potentially fatal environment. I would be putting people in harm's way to suggest they do what this woman did. She saw someone going for more help, and one fireman was by her side. It's not about having huevos, it's about knowing your limitations and avoiding a potentially fatal situation.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  15

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.