BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tropics active again. Sonia forming below?
landyacht318
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2013 at 09:16 PM
Tropics active again. Sonia forming below?

Could be another rain/wind event for the tip and mainland about Sunday or so.

from NHC:
Quote:

THIS LOW COULD BECOME A TROPICAL DEPRESSION LATER TONIGHT
OR ON FRIDAY WHILE IT MOVES NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT ABOUT 5 MPH.
THIS SYSTEM HAS A HIGH CHANCE...70 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL
CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS...AND A HIGH CHANCE...80
PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 5 DAYS.
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 10-31-2013 at 10:27 PM

i really dont think that they can get here now with the shear....if they can, we are really really in trouble over these next few years as now it's been , i think, 5 reaching mulege in the last 8 years...that's after not having one reach the region in over 50 years.....50 years!...so....if that is not climate change what's it called?...just "random?"....i really do not think so...i think some really bad stuff has happened that "maybe", just "maybe", we might have been responsible for...dangling participle??....call it what you might......my perspective.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
i think some really bad stuff has happened that "maybe", just "maybe", we might have been responsible for...dangling participle??....call it what you might.

it was called a dangling chad!:light:

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 10:49 AM

We are responsible for: dept...

Establishing weather stations in rural locations...

That get swallowed up in urban sprawl...

From trees to asphalt and concrete...

And readings from these stations that change. HOTTER! and HOTTER!

And instead of relocating the stations, the data is seized upon by people with agendas on both sides of the aisle. They yell. They campaign. They coerce a gullible public.

A public who never bothers to delve deeper than reading headlines.

And remain ignorant that the climate has been changing for 4 billion years. And will continue to change. Yelling and stomping. instead of preparing. Telling the "other side" how "wrong" they are.

Shout WOLF! or NO WOLF! long enough and a wolf can creep up and bite them in the butt, or they can start setting up claymores for an imaginary wolf. It doesn't matter, one side or the other has claimed a victim.

And that's all that matters.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 10:54 AM

Is this "Sonia?"

http://www.cyclocane.com/eighteen-e-storm-tracker/

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

Mood: !Al Chingaso!

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

What an stunning over simplification of how science has reached the conclusion that human activity is impacting climate change.

Must be all that asphalt causing glaciers to melt at an unprecedented rate worldwide.?
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cardon Man
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

What an stunning over simplification of how science has reached the conclusion that human activity is impacting climate change.

Must be all that asphalt causing glaciers to melt at an unprecedented rate worldwide.?

Its a confusing issue. We have lots of data showing CO2 approaching levels of 120,000 yrs ago. But CO2 always gets higher in the interglacial periods. In that Eemian Period 120,000 yrs ago sea levels were 25 feet higher than today and there was even more CO2 than we have currently without help from us. This is all tied to earth's orbit and wobbling. However other data suggests that we are leaving that natural cycle and putting the climate on steroids, accelerating a natural warming cycle. That is, the natural feedback loops, or buffering capability, could be interfered with. The earth has also experienced these hyper-events, like the Permian extinction which wiped out 95 percent of all species 250 mya (I hear the formation of the Siberian Traps is the main culprit now---an event which released enormous CO2 apparently). So, the question is are we adding to the warming and is it enough to outperform the buffering capability. I say its worth studying.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Is this "Sonia?"

YES

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 09:45 AM

It's not oversimplification, it's to point out that momentous decisions are being made and decided upon harebrained data collection INTEGRITY. Not only that, almost everything in the "Climate Change" arena has a clandestine political motive behind it. You know...the guy in the paisley suit, with fluorescent tie, ear-to-ear grin, teeth clenching a monte cristo stogie, whispering "Honest, the sales manager says this is as low as I can go. Sign here".

NO politician is attempting to introduce historical data showing PRIOR climate change impacts on various landform areas. Has the USA ever experienced profound drought in our wheat and vegetable growing areas? China? Ever see rice grow in a dust bowl?

One single stupid converted super cargo ship dusting iron filings in the south Pacific ocean, would influence an algae bloom over a million square miles of ocean surface. The algae would convert so much CO2 to O2, it would likely precipitate at least a mini ice age if not a full on ice age.

But data is not provided to the public at large. Oh hell no. "Give them something concrete to sink their teeth in and power brokers on both sides of the aisle would be castrated".

There were periods, like count 'em, dozens - that glaciers were almost non existent. Man wasn't around to see this. Idiots are ignoring ten million years of climate history to focus their arm twisting on 200 years of incredibly imperfect weather collection records.

And no one, and I mean ZERO is even suggesting TALKING ABOUT proposals as to how to go about avoiding Armageddon droughts, famines, floods, and other inevitable climatological inversions.

I Stand Contemptuous

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 09:58 AM

Seems to be developing size and shape. Cabo etc, may see some of this one up close and personal.

You folks down there might want to take your laundry off the line.

Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 10:06 AM

Interesting how off topic things can get, this was supposed to be about an upcoming storm....Dennis, we are watching this storm very careful here in Los Barriles..winds are picking up, surf is getting rough..I like the site cyclocane it's been very helpful..thanks
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Collector
Interesting how off topic things can get, this was supposed to be about an upcoming storm....Dennis, we are watching this storm very careful here in Los Barriles..winds are picking up, surf is getting rough..I like the site cyclocane it's been very helpful..thanks

Me, too.
Those of us who live here in the area likely to be hit like to hear the facts....not BS.

Edit to add:
Partly cloudy with wind gusts to 15
Havent been to the beach to check the surf.

[Edited on 11-2-2013 by bajajudy]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 01:47 PM

Well....I'll be dipped!!! The wind was blowing 25MPH outa the south earlier and it just quit, like someone hitting a switch. Then, it clouded up and did this tropical, huge drops, sprinkling thing.

I realize this has nothing to do with Sonia, but I just thought I'd let you know what's happening in my little corner of Baja. SALUD

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 11-3-2013 at 09:07 AM

Same weird weather here in Long Beach last night....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.