Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Rumors of my demise exaggerated
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 03:44 PM
Rumors of my demise exaggerated

I have not been on Nomads for a while. Just returned from extensive stay in Panama. Very involved in two Gender related projects that are filling my time pretty well. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate my BajaNomad amigos and all the great discussions and personal help and support that I have received. Life is good in the slooow lane!

Iflyfishconmibajaamigos
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish
I have not been on Nomads for a while. Just returned from extensive stay in Panama. Very involved in two Gender related projects that are filling my time pretty well. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate my BajaNomad amigos and all the great discussions and personal help and support that I have received. Life is good in the slooow lane!

Iflyfishconmibajaamigos

Good to see you here again, Rick. Do we call you Rickolena now?
Fine by me. :saint:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish

Iflyfishconmibajaamigos

Good to see you here again, Rick. Do we call you Rickolena now?
Fine by me. :saint:

I have not changed my Gender I have however learned to appreciate the Complexity of Gender. I have not had to have any courage to claim my gender. This is not the case for millions of people who were born different than myself. I admire the fortitude that it takes to be different than others in such a fundamental way.

I have been in the Mental Health field for 45 years now where I have worked with countless numbers of these people and their families.

I am doing public presentations related to the Complexity of Gender as well as directly helping LBGTQ people, their families and people who care about them. I explore the complex Language of Gender, the Biology of Gender and Gender in Adolescence.

Anyone interested in hosting a presentation on the Complexity of Gender can U2U me and we can make arrangements.

Iflyfishconmilbgtqamigos
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 04:37 PM

OK.....so I guess Rickolenabonita is out...at least for now.

Good to see you back anyway.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 04:52 PM

Hey Rick.....have you ever considered a RuPaul laboratory...or maybe a field trip?
I'll bet this would engender [whoops...close...huh] a lively discussion here.

You should have been here a few days ago when we discussed understanding, and crap like that when it's shoved down peoples throats. [oooops....another off-color reference]

Anyway...I look forward to your future input.[Ohh golly...there I go again. Forgive me my sins]

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 04:54 PM

Welcome back. Your area of interest and activity is certainly an important one....for those "directly" involved, and those who will benefit from a better understanding of such issues and the challenges and struggles involved.

From Wikipedia:

Sex and gender distinction:

The distinction between sex and gender distinguishes sex, the biological makeup of an individual's reproductive anatomy or secondary sex characteristics, from gender, an individual's lifestyle (often culturally learned) or personal identification of one's own gender (gender identity).[1][2] This distinction is not universal. In ordinary speech, sex and gender are often used interchangeably.[3][4] Some dictionaries and academic disciplines give them different definitions and others do not."

Some folks here would likely benefit from developing a deeper understanding of the topic...as you may see ....some folks just don't have a clue....but lots of opinions.

[Edited on 11-22-2013 by motoged]

[Edited on 11-22-2013 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged

The distinction between sex and gender distinguishes sex,

Sometimes, I'm overwhelmed by profundity. Is this one of those times?
Maybe not. :lol::lol:

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 05:11 PM

I missed you on here amigo. Glad you are continuing in your efforts to help your fellow humans. It's a tough road being alive. Some of us have it easier than others. I'm interested in hearing what you been up to down in Panama.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 05:12 PM

Quote:

Some folks here would likely benefit from developing a deeper understanding of the topic...

Give me one practical reason why? So they would agree with you?

I'm glad you reopened this conflict of interest. I do have things I haven't expressed all of my feelings as yet.
Lots more to say.....hit the like button and I'll give you an earful.

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 05:13 PM

Welcome back Rick. Need you here where we can learn more. My folks told me that as soon as I could walk I was dressing up in little suits like a lawyer. I've mostly grown out of it down here in the Sur cause of the heat.

Was that genes or something I saw, felt, smelt?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

Was that genes or something I saw, felt, smelt?

Maybe it was Gene, your first gym mentor.
Are you still wearing running shoes that curl up at the toes?

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 05:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Some folks here would likely benefit from developing a deeper understanding of the topic...

Give me one practical reason why? So they would agree with you?

I'm glad you reopened this conflict of interest. I do have things I haven't expressed all of my feelings as yet.
Lots more to say.....hit the like button and I'll give you an earful.

A practical reason?

So they don't continue to misunderstand their fellow humans and write hurtful things on forums. Calling people you don't understand "Fruits, Fairies, and Pool Boys" denigrates them. People kill themselves after being belittled by friends, family, and the general public. People read what you write. Do you want to bum them out or make them happy? Life's short, and shorter even for some of us. That's my practical reason -- to not bum people out. You asked. That's my answer.

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 05:35 PM

D, I don't have running shoes. I have skipping shoes but I don't wear them when I fish. I don't want to look funny out there. It's no big deal, I'm comfortable with who we are most of the time.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
So they don't continue to misunderstand their fellow humans and write hurtful things on forums.

BS...This is a Baja forum, not a sexual cesspool nursery school.

Quote:
Calling people you don't understand "Fruits, Fairies, and Pool Boys" denigrates them.

More BS. That's how some of them address each other. Are they going to dictate what I say when it's what they say? Is the "N" word exclusivity seeping into the fag fairy poolboy community?
I'll say what I want to say.

Quote:

People kill themselves after being belittled by friends, family, and the general public.

Don't blame me for their frailties. Perhaps they should grow a pair before they decide to go against mainstream society.

Quote:
People read what you write. Do you want to bum them out or make them happy?

Couldn't care less, or any more than they care about me....which is zero.

Quote:
Life's short, and shorter even for some of us. That's my practical reason -- to not bum people out. You asked. That's my answer.

You answered nothing and no one but yourself.

[Edited on 11-23-2013 by DENNIS]

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:28 PM

Quote:
....Couldn't care less, or any more than they care about me....which is zero.....[Edited on 11-23-2013 by DENNIS]

Dennis,
You cranky hateful ol' fart....not a very nice "welcome back" for someone.

Clearly you have VERY little caring for others....and that makes me wonder if you care for yourself ( I imagine your reply will be something about what a good relationship you think you have with yourself...)

I don't know if you personally know Iflyfish (I don't know if that person is male or female....or on the spectrum in between [said respectfully Iflyfish]), but do you care if he/she is offended by your responses?

Funny is one thing....rude and hateful hostility is another.

Take a good look inside, pal....find out what's eating your soul and expel it.....just not here....your putrefaction has stunk the place up enough.

:light:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:33 PM

Quote:

I don't know if you personally know Iflyfish (I don't know if that person is male or female....

His name is Rick....as mentioned. What does that tell you except that your extrapolation of detail is in need of repair.

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:40 PM

No, D Head....your interpolation is.:lol::lol:

And you have yet to answer my question....or is that too complicated for you shriveling brain (dementia is a b-tch, eh?!)

[Edited on 11-23-2013 by motoged]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
but do you care if he/she is offended by your responses?

No.

Quote:

Funny is one thing....rude and hateful hostility is another.

Point out "rude and hateful. Qualify your renditions or quit calling me nasty names. You're beginning to hurt my feelings.
========================================

Now...answer mine. Point them out specifically.

[Edited on 11-23-2013 by DENNIS]

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:45 PM

SF 15+ ... :lol::lol:

Here's ME in my "skipping shoes" ... was a rough night after the "parade" :biggrin:

Dennis is just out of the picture ... to the left

[Edited on 11-23-2013 by wessongroup]

Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:47 PM

Smelt ???

I CAUGHT A COUPLE SMELT THIS MORNING

s0RRY CAPS...what's going on with this laptop ??

sold out and got out !!!
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.