BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Complaining About Your C.F.E. Bill?
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 1-11-2014 at 01:34 PM
Complaining About Your C.F.E. Bill?

Here is an Honest-To-God excerpt from the public information release of the California Public Utilities Commission for a proposed rates revision

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"A typical Pacific Gas and Electric Co. customer using 600 kilowatt-hours of electricity per month currently pays $75.05, according to the utilities commission. If that customer doesn't change her energy-use habits, switching to "time-of-use" rates would boost her bill by 16 percent, to $87.43. The commission estimates that choosing the revised flat rates instead would raise the customer's bill to $85.04, a 13 percent increase.

Homeowners with the highest current bills, in contrast, would pay less under the new system.

Residential PG&E customers using 1,200 kilowatt-hours of electricity per month would save 17 percent under the proposed time-of-use rates, with their monthly bills dropping from $238.50 to $198.27, according to the commission. They'd also benefit from the revised flat rates, but not as much, saving 14 percent."

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
WhackAMolE
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2014 at 02:12 PM

Yes I saw that and thought jeez, this is worse than my Mexican electric bill.

PG&E actually penalizes low users and rewards high users -- exactly the reverse incentive. The Mexican 3-tier level has caused me to really pay attention to the electricity I use. It's a more sensible system than what PG&E does.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 1-11-2014 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WhackAMolE
Yes I saw that and thought jeez, this is worse than my Mexican electric bill.

PG&E actually penalizes low users and rewards high users -- exactly the reverse incentive. The Mexican 3-tier level has caused me to really pay attention to the electricity I use. It's a more sensible system than what PG&E does.

Huh? Once you're over 600kWh like I am you are on the DAC flat rate that currently is 3.61 pesos /kWh.

In the PG&E example above the customer pays $75.05 for 600 kWh. My last CFE bill was for 611 kWh with a cost of 2,346 05 p including the 157.34 Cargo, 229.75 IVA and28.49 IAP. At 12.5 P / USD that = $189.56. Of course that's for 2 months but still the cost per kWh is 2 1/2 times that of PG&E :fire::fire:

Bob Durrell
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 1-12-2014 at 07:03 PM

I have no complaints about my CFE bill...only the people that work for them!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2014 at 08:06 AM
CFE meter readings, dials vs digital

The meter readings are where the system is weak.

My neighbor has the old-fashioned system of dials with tiny small numbers. The reader must drive by and look at the dials and write down the correct series of numbers. This month her bill was 3 times what it historically is this time of year. She and I checked the meter against what was stated on her bill. There was a huge discrepancy! We called the office, gave them the numbers we had written down, and they checked against their records and confirmed "yes, there's a discrepancy" and they documented her complaint. They sent someone around to re-read the meter (which took about a week). She had to go into the main office, present her complaint number and her bill was recalculated. This shows that everyone should check their CFE bills against the actual meter reading each and every time. If something's not right the responsibility is the consumer to sort it out.

We have a newer digital meter box and the numbers are not visible.
Can someone explain how these are read and recorded?

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2014 at 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
I have no complaints about my CFE bill...only the people that work for them!

I hope you are not referring to the local CFE workers in Bahia Asuncion? We found all of them to be very helpful and very responsive whenever we had a problem. :?::?:
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2014 at 08:12 AM

This is a great example that I use for my Mexico Phobic friends.

Some of my phobic friends talk about how corrupt Mexico is, now granted it is corrupt, but this article is a prime example of how the USA has become corrupt.

You see, in the US, we name our corruption to legitimize it. Lobbyist's, fees, taxes, tickets, etc.

My son's girl friend didn't pay the water bill in time and there water was shut off. He call's me to tell me that they wanted $25 to turn it back on in 3 days or $100 to turn it on today! Sounds like mordida to me!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.