Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tecate crossing today
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2014 at 06:41 PM
Tecate crossing today

8:30 this morning it took 1 hour and 15 minutes. Guy in the both said that is getting to be the norm or worse.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2014 at 06:49 PM

Now that is sad news indeed.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2014 at 06:56 PM

We need a border forum!! Today @ 2PM, Otay was 3 minutes in the Ready Lane. Only problem was getting to the border with a huge school getting out probably 1:30. Many buses and people picking up their ninos. I need to find a "go around" detour for the Ready Lane at Otay!!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2014 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
8:30 this morning it took 1 hour and 15 minutes. Guy in the both said that is getting to be the norm or worse.

Still have some work traffic at that time, Ralph. Next time, wait till 10 or 11.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2014 at 07:21 PM

Someimtes I do Dennis. But I needed to drive the next 400 miles to Tucson and did not want to wait. Guess I need to start crossing in Mexicali East
liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2014 at 08:02 PM

We crossed Otay at 11.30 Yesterday, 45 min. Ready lane, little traffic at school .l
WhackAMolE
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 07:08 PM

Are they getting a Ready lane at Tecate? I've seen a sign saying they're putting one in, but haven't heard anything about it.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 07:12 PM

What will it be on April 14th?

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WhackAMolE
Are they getting a Ready lane at Tecate? I've seen a sign saying they're putting one in, but haven't heard anything about it.

heard they are not going to do it now. that sign is very old
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551

heard they are not going to do it now. that sign is very old

I don't know where they'd put it. Whoever designed that facility should be castrated. Look at the lives and property values they've affected on that street.
Jeeezo..........two miles east....nothing but jackrabbits.

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WhackAMolE

Last time I talked to a agent at Tecate, he told me the Ready Lane didn`t work out. They tried an experiment and had the left lane open at certain hours on weekends. Problem was there were so many people crashing the gate that they just gave up. Signs are still up though, and it could work with some police work from the Tecate police. Oh yeah-- we need a border forum!!
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
What will it be on April 14th?

What time?
Oh yeah--- we need a border forum!!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher

Problem was there were so many people crashing the gate that they just gave up. Signs are still up though, and it could work with some police work from the Tecate police.

Mexican military is running the show now.
Two months back, I fell and broke my hip. My friend was taking me to the VA on Sunday morning and we got to the crossing at 10:30 AM and the line was bad. I guessed three plus hours.
I was in serous pain so my bud backed out of the border mess and we went back to the street that feeds into the crossing and it was covered with Army guys.
We got the jefe and explained the situation so he had the gate opened and put is in line.
What a good guy. That could have gone bad if he hadn't had a big heart.

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Problem was there were so many people crashing the gate that they just gave up. Signs are still up though, and it could work with some police work from the Tecate police.

Mexican military is running the show now.
Two months back, I fell and broke my hip. My friend was taking me to the VA on Sunday morning and we got to the crossing at 10:30 AM and the line was bad. I guessed three plus hours.
I was in serous pain so my bud backed out of the border mess and we went back to the street that feeds into the crossing and it was covered with Army guys.
We got the jefe and explained the situation so he had the gate opened and put is in line.
What a good guy. That could have gone bad if he hadn't had a big heart.

Yeah----- really bad!! Awesome story. And from now on, I won`t shake my fist at those who get let in line in front of me in that situation!! I talked to an agent about that once and he told me those people who look like they are pulling a fast one and taking cuts, are really being turned around after being denied entry to Mexico for many reasons!!
Oh yeah-- we need a border forum!!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
I talked to an agent about that once and he told me those people who look like they are pulling a fast one and taking cuts, are really being turned around after being denied entry to Mexico for many reasons!!
Oh yeah-- we need a border forum!!

Maybe some...not all. I was at the head of the line on the hill once and watched a car pull up to the same gate I came through and paid the Army guard to let him through.
I only wish I knew the price.

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 2-14-2014 at 12:27 PM

Thank you for the "head's up". This will help me plan RTS 551. Looks like I stay in Tecate overnight...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.