BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: thought this a little high.... any available?
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2014 at 08:00 PM
thought this a little high.... any available?

THESE ARE BRAND NEW AND RARE. PERFECT FOR ALL RACE TEAMS OR ANYONE THAT GOES TO BAJA.
$79 EACH PLUS $10 SHIPPING/HANDLING Baja California Almanac 001.JPG Baja California Almanac 001.JPG . Baja California Almanac 005.JPG Baja California Almanac 003.JPG
CONTACT ME AT RACING@BIGOLY.COM WITH YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, AND TEL#.

Big Oly TT, Today at 4:11 PM

(You must log in or sign up to reply here.)

. .

Share This Page

Forums

>

Off-Road Racing Community

>

Whatever - General Discussion

>

race-deZert

Home

Forum

Classifieds

Video

Calendar

Store

Contact Us

Home

RSS

Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2013 XenForo Ltd.
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2014 at 08:02 PM

Baja almanac 2009 edition. Pictures didn't transfer.
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2014 at 03:10 PM

http://www.bajabooksandmaps.com/books/BAJA_CALIFORNIA_ALMANA...

windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2014 at 03:30 PM

:wow:

Got one for $35 US last month at a store on the East Cape. Must be getting rare indeed.

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2014 at 04:39 PM

I think i paid 300 pesos for mine in La Paz last year

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 2-18-2014 at 05:02 PM
map or gps

I don't need a map or GPS for Baja !! and the stinkin license is on the bumber>>>>if you ask for directions and they look at your tires be very concerned...LOL...True !!

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2014 at 10:09 PM

2009 edition is $39 in Mulege, 6 weeks ago, if they still have them, Amazon is $150, ebay 85 and up!

buy from a fellow nomad here
http://www.bajabooksandmaps.com/books/BAJA_CALIFORNIA_ALMANA...

same link as in above post

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-18-2014 at 11:17 PM

Seems like some "free enterprisers" bought a bunch and are asking for a pound of flesh....scumbags.

At the risk or riling up the copyright lawyers, I repeat my suggestion:

Get a good copy, scan it, and print out the pages needed.....share it with Nomads :light: :cool:

Don't believe everything you think....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-18-2014 at 11:31 PM

When these come out new, buy more than one! I have three, two are in their plastic jackets, untouched... and not for sale until I just have to let them go when I am much older and for enough $$$ to support me because social security is bankrupted! I have an untouched 2003, as well. The nice giant, huge scale Baja Topo Atlas, as well...

When TW and bajalou (I think were the first) discovered that Landon (the publisher/ creator) goofed (typo'd) on the latitude figures on several pages there would be a re-issue... but it never happened (as far as I know)...:lol:

2003 vs. 2009 editions:

See the thread from Oct. 2009: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=42176

[Edited on 2-19-2014 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-18-2014 at 11:44 PM

2009 Almanac latitude corrections to pencil in:

On Maps 5 & 6, the latitude changes to make: All the 31º figures needs to be 30º (the minutes are fine).

On Map 7: All the 31º figures need to be changed to 29º and the one 30º figure needs to be 28º.

Map 12 [RIGHT side only] latitude figures are wrong, they should be the same numbers as on the left side.

Map 18 degree figures on both sides are wrong: the 25º figures should all be 24º, and the 26º figures should all be 25º.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Rallyroo

[*] posted on 2-19-2014 at 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
2009 Almanac latitude corrections to pencil in:

On Maps 5 & 6, the latitude changes to make: All the 31º figures needs to be 30º (the minutes are fine).

On Map 7: All the 31º figures need to be changed to 29º and the one 30º figure needs to be 28º.

Map 12 [RIGHT side only] latitude figures are wrong, they should be the same numbers as on the left side.

Map 18 degree figures on both sides are wrong: the 25º figures should all be 24º, and the 26º figures should all be 25º.

Thanks for the info. I knew that some of the latitudes were wrong, but never got around to correcting them.
bent-rim
Nomad

Mood: Living la vida mota

[*] posted on 2-19-2014 at 12:22 PM

The AAA map will prolly serve 99.9% of people visiting Baja. They might be good to hoard as well for a retirement plan. At some point digital will make paper maps obsolete, so timing is critical to maximize the value of paper maps. 78 rpm records used to be valuable, now not so much. I have the North/South separate Almanacs and the 2003 edition, NFS. I'm a dinosaur and like paper maps. The coolest Baja map books I have are the B F Goodwrich Racing maps that are bound with course notes and pull out maps and pit locations. We've used those on dirt bike trips where we want to follow sections of the race course.

[Edited on 2-19-2014 by bent-rim]
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2014 at 02:01 PM

Ah David K , keeper of Las Tres Virgines!
mcnut
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2014 at 08:43 PM

Good one vacaenbaja!

I always feel a little inspired when passing by.

Bruce
Pappy Jon
Nomad

Mood: Temp rising.

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:43 AM

My 2003 is tattered beyond use. My 2009 is getting there. I found a new 2009 in San Ignacio last March and snatched it up. It is still in the plastic and it will probably stay that way. Or at least never see the field and just stay in the house.

"The association of flowers and warm-blooded love is more than a romantic convention; it is based upon one of the great advances in the evolution of life." Ed Abbey
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 01:40 PM

Would not Google Maps compare favorably to an old printed map?

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 03:00 PM

DavidE,
You can't pull out a device in middle of nowhere to access Google Maps like you can a paper map.....some people live at times beyond wifi range....literally AND metaphorically.

And Google Maps is not up to date with it's map segment (as opposed to sat image....which are not that accurate either). :light:

Don't believe everything you think....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.