BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: DTBushpilot and copilot visit us for the 1st time!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 06:50 PM
DTBushpilot and copilot visit us for the 1st time!

We had to go and get them as they were leaving Campo Rene, but we convinced them to come and hang out in La Bocana for a couple days.....

the first day on the front porch:

ceviche on the second day - at the new beach cabanas -I hate to say but something happened and the hamburgers were not so good. We all had them and they were so bad, I did not even photograph them. but everyone loved this:

and this:

Obviously we took introduced them to the one and only Joaquin and we ate our fill of lobster, fish, salad and corn - I have no pics of any of that as I was too busy eating.

and the next day we did a potluck where each of us prepared something. Les did the chicken curry, I did a salad, DTBushpilot did the Cornish hens and his copilot did the most outrageously unique and delicious dessert - it is a banana wrapped in a tortilla, fried in olive oil. There were strawberries to cover and a butter, sugar and marnier glaze to put on top of it all. It was so good, you really must try it out:

It was so fun to share out little neck of the woods with you all and come back soon!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 07:27 PM

that DT is a cool cat.... i live 2 blocks from where he grew up.

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 07:34 PM

Copilots are easy on the eyes, and some sure know how to put a strawberry on a tortilla!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 08:27 PM

When we visited Campo Rene in 2007, we hoped for some tacos (sea food or otherwise) and the answer we got was they only serve hamburgers! We were not in the hamburger mood, and made some PB & Js to get us to Mulege for shrimp dinner at El Patrón! Sounds like that was a good choice! :smug:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 09:43 AM

I love ceviche and fish and hamburgers too. Now I'm getting hungry.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 09:46 AM

DT and Jill are really superb and classy people. Wish more Baja expats were in his class.
They really enjoy the Baja lifestyle to the fullest.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 10:09 AM

The burgers at the Palapas at La Bocana were not as expected. The place with the peeler core motif. Nothing to do with Campo Rene, DK.

The cheese burgers on the menu at Los Arcos in Bahia Asuncion have been getting good reviews, but my last one seemed to be made from a recipe dictated by local supplies. I'm pretty sure my hamburger bun was hiding a chicken fried steak (the breading on the beef was a clue) and a slice of pasteurized processed cheese food product. Both are usually in stock at the market down the street! With all the regular "fixins" it was delicious!

Next time I hear that the grader has been down your way, I'll jump on the road and come for another visit Blanca.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 01:03 PM

Sounds good senor vagabndo! Can everyone visit on a Saturday and help out with the cleanups ???

Just kidding, the town actually looks much better now. I really think we have turned a corner.

Missing The bushpiolot and Jill, they were so easy- going. I agree, they are doing Baja justice.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 01:39 PM

Yup....David & Jill are definite A-listers!!!! The margaritas at the lagoon restaurant are fantastic as are the shrimp tacos...so I'm not missing Don Ramon's as much as I thought I would! Hey Blanca...why dont you guys swing by Palapa #1 at the lagoon for a wee visit and some whale whispering!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
When we visited Campo Rene in 2007, we hoped for some tacos (sea food or otherwise) and the answer we got was they only serve hamburgers! We were not in the hamburger mood, and made some PB & Js to get us to Mulege for shrimp dinner at El Patrón! Sounds like that was a good choice! :smug:

They were in La Bocana. In 2014, Campo Rene has lots of food.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:

Read the very first line in this thread:

"We had to go and get them as they were leaving Campo Rene..."

I don't need to make things up... I base my contributions to a thread on actual words said.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 07:52 PM

we had burgers at Juanico once. Bia said they were gamey! i said they were from costco, and had survived a less than refrigerated trip south....

no one got sick, but i can imagine why there is so much wierdness about hamburgers in Baja.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:

Read the very first line in this thread:

"We had to go and get them as they were leaving Campo Rene..."

I don't need to make things up... I base my contributions to a thread on actual words said.

You mean you base things on selective reading don't you? Read Blanca's whole thread and you might get what she was saying.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 10:02 PM

I know quite well thank you. Can you ever admit you were wrong? Campo Rene was mentioned. Please find another dog's butt to sniff.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 10:22 PM

Perhaps, DK, the question is, what "contribution to the thread" did your disinterest in having a burger at Campo Rene seven years ago have to Blanca getting a bad burger this week in La Bocana?

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-21-2014 at 11:08 PM

DK,
You really need to read the thread beginning again...(use your fingers to follow the words slowly)....and you will see that the burgers were in La Bocana AFTER Campo Rene....at the cabinas where the burgers are usually good....as Blanca has maintained in previous threads.

And the rest of us usually don't sniff dog butts....:light::saint:

Don't believe everything you think....
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2014 at 12:57 PM

Campo Rene Buffet.

[img][/img]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.